First round of cuts

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.
Navies getting cut really surprises me too. I think he was the weakest LBer of the top 4 though. I guess this pretty much means Manning is sticking, which is good IMHO. Now we should move him to the middle. :wink: I still expect Poppinga to get a phantom injury before all is said and done so we can stash him on IR and try again next year.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im surprised by the Navies and Herrion cuts. With Diggs out i thought Navies would be the starter for him but i guess not and also i thought Herrion was doing well enough to make back up guard.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am actually surprised that this is all they cut. After that game on Friday night, they could have easily cut another twenty players.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I am actually surprised that this is all they cut. After that game on Friday night, they could have easily cut another twenty players.

Well, they still need a bunch of camp fodder to ast the rest of the week. :D

Besides, this first round of cuts is always strategic. We'll most certainly re-sign some of these guys to the PS eventually. By cutting them in the first round they kind of get lost in the shuffle. We'll most certainly see guys like Herrion and Dendy in the future.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wrote earlier this week that I didn't think Navies was going to be kept. I think the Packers are being kind of loyal by cutting him this early so he catch on with another team. Of course, this is good news for Thompson, Lenon and Manning and maybe Brady P.

OP
OP
R

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herrion has been toyed with by the Packers for the last year or even 2 years. They've signed and released him so many times. It must get frustrating to be a guy like that. Always getting signed and cut. Sounds stressful not knowing if you will have a job.

It makes me wonder why guys like that keep going back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Herrion has been toyed with by the Packers for the last year or even 2 years. They've signed and released him so many times. It must get frustrating to be a guy like that. Always getting signed and cut. Sounds stressful not knowing if you will have a job.

The love of the game.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team has released:

• 1. linebacker -- Hannibal Navies
    2. guard -- Matt O'Dwyer
    3. wide receiver -- Vince Butler
    4. cornerback -- Patrick Dendy
    5. linebacker -- Jeremiah Garrison
    6. guard/tackle -- Atlas Herrion
    7. tight end -- Tory Humphrey
    8. running back -- Derrick Johnese
    9. defensive tackle -- A.J. Lindsay
    10. wide receiver -- Chad Lucas
    11. defensive tackle -- Quintene Newhouse
I'd agree that for the most part I really did think they'd keep Hannibal.
Certainly, he'll find work somewhere.. He's been in the League long enough to become a sticker amongst the others floating around in FA.

Who wants to guess about the next round of cuts after this Thursday nite?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really didn't see any real surprises in any of the players that were cut. Matt O'Dwyer did not show anything at camp to justify him making the roster. The closest to any surprise was Navies but not really. Poppinga, Manning, & Thompson had much better training camps and more upside than Navies.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

If 1 other team thought him worthwhile he would have been picked up some time during the last 2 years. After being cut so many times he wouldn't have had to show loyalty to GB.

Members online

Latest posts