Fire MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interim coach? I can't imagine them firing McCarthy before the season is over.
Maybe on the last day of the regular season if we miss the playoffs.
This if Gute and Mark are going to fire him, or if there has been talks about mutal parting..

Why keep him around if all parties know he will be gone?

Evrn tho Pettine said no intrest, maybe just for 5 games he would help

D

Deleted member 6794

Good point. Thursday was just a microcosm of MM’s coaching going back to 2014. The NFCC was lost in large part becasue MM decided to play not to lose. The game should have been over with Burnett’s INT, and MM goes conservative. Now there were a LOT of other reasons they lost that game, not all on MM. But you NEVER see the Pats go conservative with a big lead.

McVay decided to run the ball vs. the Packers late in the game to protect a lead as well. The difference being that the Rams were able to get a first down.

You're using hindsight to evaluate McCarthy's decisions though. I'm quite sure you would have criticized if they threw the ball in those situations and lost for being too aggressive as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But you NEVER see the Pats go conservative with a big lead. As we’ve seen, big leads can get erased quickly. I digress. MM has to go.
Can we look up just one game this year?
NEVER seems like your guarantee it?

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You're using hindsight to evaluate McCarthy's decisions though. I'm quite sure you would have criticized if they threw the ball in those situations and lost for being too aggressive as well.
MNF McVay threw the ball twice on a 3 & out with a 4 point lead inside of the 2 minute warning. One incomplete saved KC a time out. Whole drive took about 25 seconds off the clock. Aggressive or bone-headed?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MNF McVay threw the ball twice on a 3 & out with a 4 point lead inside of the 2 minute warning. One incomplete saved KC a time out. Whole drive took about 25 seconds off the clock. Aggressive or bone-headed?
boneheaded.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is ...

Man, no way he can be allowed to keep dropping out that garbage.

No heart no nothing except for what Rodgers is doing out there.

We need a new HC now!!

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't be given the boot during the season, but he should be. Today was abysmal, but it's not surprising.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Firing him immediately hurts nothing, keeping him around says pathetic, epic failure is acceptable

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well giving him the boot now won't get us to the playoffs anyway.

But the rest of this season just is so hollow. Even if we beat the Bears (I don't think we will but if we did), it just would feel so hollow.

MM has just completely gone off the reservation and is AWOL. We'll have to wait till seasons end for this, but he has to be gone on black Monday.

Green Bay Press Gazette and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and WTMJ radio are going to roast McCarthy. Book it!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not looking for anyone to put 100% of the blame for this offense on McCarthy. Personnel and execution have their place. But I honestly can't understand how anyone could think we should keep him at this point. The whole thing is broken and he's arguably the biggest factor while simultaneously being the most replaceable.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for anyone to put 100% of the blame for this offense on McCarthy. Personnel and execution have their place. But I honestly can't understand how anyone could think we should keep him at this point. The whole thing is broken and he's arguably the biggest factor while simultaneously being the most replaceable.
His character and how he won't throw people out in public is what I heard..

But now it shouldn't matter..

Hearing Packers have lass not to do this.. I think that's crap

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My personal issue is when you lose to a team as bad as AZ and nearly lose to a team that lost to them, you got a major problem with the HC. A major catastrophic one.

I'm also just so sick and tired of these ridiculous posters calling Rodgers a diva for getting frustrated with this thing.

I mean, yeah .... How dare Rodgers get frustrated that his teammates are playing with no energy or passion and only having 10 points on the board when there should be 31? How dare he try and get some big plays going when nobody is breaking tackles Jennings and Driver style or Jones is sitting on the bench?

I personally am glad he took some deep shots down the field when he did and to the EZ right before the missed Crosby attempt because MM was completely gutless to do that in this game.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don’t understand if they are gonna fire him at the end of the season why not do it now...? They should tank too like at this point what does winning do for us?

Reaction score
So much for Cobb saying Aaron is going to light this stadium up. This performance (or lack thereof) is the lowest point we’ve hit in years.
I wouldn’t wait until next year it’s time to move into another direction.. yes Pettine or no Pettine too. We are in a complete freefall

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey keep MM til the end of the season, almost a 99 percent chance we’ll get a top 5 draft pick.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don’t understand if they are gonna fire him at the end of the season why not do it now...? They should tank too like at this point what does winning do for us?

Keep him. Last thing I want is for some false hope from this coaching staff and Murphy thinking Philbin is the long term answer if they went 4-0 down the stretch after MM was fired.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the lame duck rule has to apply here...why delay the inevitable....if he is kept though....oh boy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McVay decided to run the ball vs. the Packers late in the game to protect a lead as well. The difference being that the Rams were able to get a first down.

I don’t think it’s your place to suppose what I would say. Show a little common courtesy now and then. It’ll be good for you.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep him. Last thing I want is for some false hope from this coaching staff and Murphy thinking Philbin is the long term answer if they went 4-0 down the stretch after MM was fired.
Yeah, good point. And it doesn’t really matter if they whack him now or in January. He’s done. The bigger question is the future, and what Gluten can do in his second season. He should be the one deciding on the next HC. Certainly not Murphy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope when MM is fired, Gute is given the power he should have of being able to hire and fire the coach. Gute knows the team better than anyone, I don’t want Murphy to use that hiring firm and then give the new coach the same position structure that MM and gute have.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the lame duck rule has to apply here...why delay the inevitable....if he is kept though....oh boy.

By kept he just meant until the season is over because I don't want Philbin or Pettine taking over and getting kept on into next year.

We need to go outside the walls of 1265 and get an offensive coordinator currently employed
Yeah, good point. And it doesn’t really matter if they whack him now or in January. He’s done. The bigger question is the future, and what Gluten can do in his second season. He should be the one deciding on the next HC. Certainly not Murphy.

I believe Murphy right now is planning on jettisoning McCarthy and once that happens, giving Gute authority to interview and hire the next guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been on this forum for a little while and just discovered the “Put Me on Ignore” feature. Most of you have probably used this valuable feature on the same person (yes, it’s only one, who shall remain nameless). And who knows, it’s probably been used on me!

With that out of the way, on to the “Fire MM Now!” discussion. I’m mixed on it. I mean, it’s inevitable that he’s gone, so why not now? Let Pettine run the team for the rest of the season (or anyone with a verifiable pulse....) and that alone would be an improvement. I don’t think Pettine is the answer as HC, but a change at this point, any change, would be welcome. It can’t get worse, right? I mean I think we just lost to the consensus-worst team in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.