Fire MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well get this started now. With all the changes in the past week, MM really has no excuses next season.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Cuz he hired a browns coach? Have u seen our new DC ranks in defense I’m pumped actually just cuz he didn’t win many games with the browns don’t mean to much imo his coaching defense abilities is what got his head coach job.. I like the hiring of pettine

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I def think he has something to prove now

D

Deleted member 6794

Might as well get this started now. With all the changes in the past week, MM really has no excuses next season.

Aside of having a defense currently lacking ralent of course.

I feel that's why they only sign MM to a one extension.
If we miss the playoffs again, he's gone.

McCarthy has two years left on his contract. Thompson signed him to a one-year extension because he didn't want him to be a lame-duck coch with a new general manager in place.

Reaction score
Aside of having a defense currently lacking ralent of course.

McCarthy has two years left on his contract. Thompson signed him to a one-year extension because he didn't want him to be a lame-duck coch with a new general manager in place.

I wrote this before.
"Anyone remember when the Packers sign Mike Sherman to Hugh fat contract, then fired him shortly after
only to be stuck paying him millions to go else where?"

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Cuz he hired a browns coach? Have u seen our new DC ranks in defense I’m pumped actually just cuz he didn’t win many games with the browns don’t mean to much imo his coaching defense abilities is what got his head coach job.. I like the hiring of pettine

Lol, I'm pretty sure that's the last reason anyone wants him fired, unless of course Pettine doesn't hack it, but I don't tie anyone's stock as a former HC to their DC or OC roles (case in point being Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Rod Marinelli, Todd Haley etc.)

I'd say it's probably more because he kept Pettine's predecessor around a little too long - This I'll say is true

Second, a lot of posters here peddle around fiction that he's too conservative and unimagitive in his play calling - This I'll definitely say is definitely a total fabrication made by Madden enthusiasts

Third is that he has his favorites on our roster and gets stubborn with playing awful players - This I'll say is true as evidenced by the god awful play of Hundley, Trevor Davis, and in previous years James Starks and Datone Jones.

Now ... I'm not at the point of calling his shortcomings fireable offenses right now, and I really don't like any potential coaching candidates available to replace MM right now. But I'lll still call out bad when I see it.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I'm pretty sure that's the last reason anyone wants him fired, unless of course Pettine doesn't hack it, but I don't tie anyone's stock as a former HC to their DC or OC roles (case in point being Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Rod Marinelli, Todd Haley etc.)

I'd say it's probably more because he kept Pettine's predecessor around a little too long - This I'll say is true

Second, a lot of posters here peddle around fiction that he's too conservative and unimagitive in his play calling - This I'll definitely say is definitely a total fabrication made by Madden enthusiasts

Third is that he has his favorites on our roster and gets stubborn with playing awful players - This I'll say is true as evidenced by the god awful play of Hundley, Trevor Davis, and in previous years James Starks and Datone Jones.

Now ... I'm not at the point of calling his shortcomings fireable offenses right now, and I really don't like any potential coaching candidates available to replace MM right now. But I'lll still call out bad when I see it.

Of course i dont want to sound too negative because that upsets people around here. But thank you MM needs to go. Just because we have a new oc you all understand he is still calling the plays.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turn those drops into catches and take away the fumble, and Packers win today.

Overreact much?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turn those drops into catches and take away the fumble, and Packers win today.

Overreact much?

This, I knew the stupid idiots were going to come out with this when play calling had nothing to do with the loss. Refs kept calling phantom holding calls and Cobb and Allison were duds today.

Mike Pettine, well bad on him for allowing the Redskins to get a lead. He's still trying to get the Capers stink out of this defense.

I'd call it foolish to call for MM to get fired right now. But he does need to get this team to up its level of play soon or we're in trouble against the Rams in a couple weeks.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lose one game and he's a dead man walking. Unless we go on an 8-game losing streak or something, he goes nowhere.

Now I do hope he fires Joe Whitt though, that guy is a clueless secondary coach.

He's gone if we don't get to the NFCCG at minimum. Take it to the bank. It's not about one loss. There's enough evidence that proves he can't get this team over the hump.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's gone if we don't get to the NFCCG at minimum. Take it to the bank. It's not about one loss. There's enough evidence that proves he can't get this team over the hump.

Unless I hear Mark Murphy say so, I don't think so brah

On top of that, I don't want MM gone cuz he got fired up at the refs today.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This, I knew the stupid idiots were going to come out with this when play calling had nothing to do with the loss. Refs kept calling phantom holding calls and Cobb and Allison were duds today.

Mike Pettine, well bad on him for allowing the Redskins to get a lead. He's still trying to get the Capers stink out of this defense.

I'd call it foolish to call for MM to get fired right now. But he does need to get this team to up its level of play soon or we're in trouble against the Rams in a couple weeks.

this is logicial

While we dont know if they win with out the drops, it for sure didnt help---this is nothing about a new OC...We heard the same in 2016? Tom Clemnts was doing it, people called for his head, then they wanted MM..and nothing changed..

Go back to tose threads people and see how its similar to now..Nothing changed with 2 different oc..

The only true thing is if MM gives away the oc duties 100 percent..and even then it may not help

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I hear Mark Murphy say so, I don't think so brah

On top of that, I don't want MM gone cuz he got fired up at the refs today.

We have made it a few times in the past with him..he has shown its capable to get there with his ineptitude as a coach

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers can score points and win with this offense because Rodgers is a freak show and he has a strong supporting cast. But the system is stale. The intriguing thing about it is that McCarthy isn’t going to get fired unless he fails with a functional Rodgers. And it’s hard to fail with a functional Rodgers. Plus I do think McCarthy is good at other aspects of the job. The team doesn’t quit on him. A gimpy Rodgers brings another interesting layer to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.