Fire Drayton

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no clue...

The Packers FO and Management has continuously mismanaged the team for the better part of the past 30 years though

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When you hire an assistant of the last two failed special teams coordinators, you are bound to have problems. I just don't get it, but I never understood the talk of promoting Joe Whitt Jr. after Capers was fired.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’ll start the the Rumor, I heard Draytons locker was cleared out right after the game, and his pink slip is being mailed to his PO box

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll start the the Rumor, I heard Draytons locker was cleared out right after the game, and his pink slip is being mailed to his PO box
If only this was an away game the bum should have gotten tarmaced.

Please MLF or Gutey hire from OUTSIDE next time.

Scott H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drayton needs to go. How can an entire line of blockers not handle 5 guys rushing and still get a blocked punt! That play costs us the game and probably going to the Super Bowl. ALso blocking the FG with a rusher coming right though the line....unbelieveable!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two blocked kicks weren't just a result of a defender getting a finger on the ball and affecting it's trajectory. These were full on thuds from players breaking through protection. Then you have the exclamation point of having only 10 men on the field for the game winning kick coming out of a timeout, not that it would've made a difference. Drayton should've been gone after the Bears game. MLF knew special teams were bad all year. Not just bad, historically bad. So bad that it made you long for the days of Shawn Slocum and Ron Zook. But there's an unwritten rule that you don't fire coaches in the middle of the season, especially assistant coaches. This should serve as a reason why incompetent coaches should not be kept on for the duration of a season.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The two blocked kicks weren't just a result of a defender getting a finger on the ball and affecting it's trajectory. These were full on thuds from players breaking through protection. Then you have the exclamation point of having only 10 men on the field for the game winning kick coming out of a timeout, not that it would've made a difference. Drayton should've been gone after the Bears game. MLF knew special teams were bad all year. Not just bad, historically bad. So bad that it made you long for the days of Shawn Slocum and Ron Zook. But there's an unwritten rule that you don't fire coaches in the middle of the season, especially assistant coaches. This should serve as a reason why incompetent coaches should not be kept on for the duration of a season.
That rule needs to be rewritten sounds like a MLF pride problem

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Why would you fire him after that game? The only thing I can fault him with is leaving the middle of the field always open. Of course, that is pretty big.
I didn’t say fire him after the game, I’m just surprised that their were no Barry complaint post, because he has been under fire a lot this year, and your right the middle of the field was open especially with Kittle,

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They obviously like the man at least, which is why they stuck with him thru all of this. It's obvious he's NOT the man for the job, but I doubt they do an unceremonious canning the day after a loss. He'll be gone, but it will be when they make all their changes in the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They obviously like the man at least, which is why they stuck with him thru all of this.
I think that was the issue. They liked Drayton too much as a person and gave him a job that he wasn't ready to take. Then when he wasn't doing to job correctly, they made excuses and looked the other way.

Would (should?) it have been different if he was a hard headed A-hole to fire him half way into a season?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he's friends with Rodgers and they don't want to be seen as treating him poorly.

Members online

Latest posts