Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So what adjustment should he have made then that could have made up for the huge talent gap?
If we don't make GM or Defensive coaching changes this year we will pay for it over the next several years.
Again, there is no player alive you could add to this D that will change the outcome in Atlanta. Pitiful

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I'm certainly no genius, but my personal opinion is this. TT needs to step away and let Elliot Wolf take over. Next, Capers absolutely has to go. His system has been getting torched for years, with different personnel. So, it starts with talent, then results are based on coaching schemes, preparation and execution. McCarthy also has shown he chokes in the biggest games. I honestly don't think he is Super Bowl coaching material. But, I would retain him for about 3 years under new upper management. Maybe not that long. I urge you as fans to write to Mark Murphy and let him know how upset we Packer fans are with the status quo. I have done it, and he has written me back. It gives me hope that he will listen and make changes. He needs continuous pressure until this problem is rectified.
thats what's holding us back I think from because SB champs the front office and some coachs have to be fired

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Randall and Rollins are who they are. Superstars don't take three or four years to develop. The Luke Kuechly/Khalil Macks of the world make an impact right away and don't take three or four years to develop. If Teddy continues the draft and develop philosophy that should be used exclusively for bad teams in rebuilding mode, he better do a better job drafting those players instead of the Randalls and Jones's of the world.

I have no idea what's going to become of Randall and Rollins, and I'm not trying to argue that they will ever be great, but there are plenty of examples around the league of good players who took time to come around.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say Capers is on a hot seat who would you look toward to take over? I'm sure most people would laugh but as a DC Rex Ryan was pretty good... What's yalls opinion?

I would try to get Rex Ryan. He is not getting a head coaching job anytime soon and Green Bay would be an attractive job for any defensive coordinator candidate. Him being a coordinator would also lessen his ego. I'd be all for it if they brought him in.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they finally see it really is time. His style is antiquated and he seems to be pretty stubborn generally.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ive showed my frustration with him. This game showed how horrible he is. Put your input
Not a fan of Dom or MM but I am putting the blame almost entirely on the team, the offense and the defense plus a little special team woes cost us this game..

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gunter sucks everytime there is a big play it's on him caper sucks he doesn't adjust well and the 3-4 sucks our personnel on the line gets no pass rush and our corners need to be sent packing especially Gunter. Every year since the Superbowl our defense has failed us. Rodgers should have had three rings by now. But how is it that we haven't fired capers and Thompson yet we need to explore free agency we need new blood in the front and back office and for the LOVE OF ZEUS LETS GET A NEW STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well if they went for Ryan (I can't really see it), it would be nice if they signed Zach Brown. There is a clear need for a playmaker at ILB, and Brown played really well under Ryan. Would one FA be too much to ask for?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well if they went for Ryan (I can't really see it), it would be nice if they signed Zach Brown. There is a clear need for a playmaker at ILB, and Brown played really well under Ryan. Would one FA be too much to ask for?
With TT probably YES

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try to get Rex Ryan. He is not getting a head coaching job anytime soon and Green Bay would be an attractive job for any defensive coordinator candidate. Him being a coordinator would also lessen his ego. I'd be all for it if they brought him in.

I doubt Him and Mm can work together..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I have not seen a lot of fire McCarthy rants, this game I can't stick a fork in him(darn) but he was correct when he said we dig ourselves in this big a hole without some kind of plays to counter your mistakes you are going to have a long day, I can except a loss, but there are still people blaming injurys that do happen and happen when you don't want them, 2010 15 players on IR no excuses then, just went out and won a SB, the offense was bad but the defense was not in the building, 3rd and 4th string mediocre Dbacks, TT can we upgrade too 2nd and3rd string above average players..

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been on and off the fire Capers band wagon over the years, but to be fair Dom really didn't have much to work with.
In spite of Thompson's heavy investment on the defensive side of the ball his poor drafting really handcuffed Capers.
There are very few defensive players on the Packers roster that are worth keeping.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If dom goes TT and I think MM needs to go down with his ship because this team identity has been the same for years and the same staff for years so MM runs the ship and he needs to go down with his ship since he cant do what it takes to get this team to the SB. He is completely wasting Aaron Rodgers prime time years. Honestly i am quite tired of hearing his excuses Injuries, the next man up, development. Im sick of it. He should just come out and say Im here to waste the best QB in the nfls prime years on developing players LOL. when you have a QB like arron rodgers you should break the bank to get him the talent he needs. There should be a fire TT sticky and a fire MM sticky just as well

Sky King

Reaction score
One can't make chicken salad out of chicken ***t. If this D's weak performances at certain positions can be attributed to bad ingredients then TT deserves to be the lightening rod. If the ingredients were good then it's on Capers and his staff for failing to produce results. An abundance of UDFAs and low round picks at CB may be a clue, however. It's probably not strictly a "this or that" situation but a combination of several things.

Disasters can occur when a combination of several factors align all at the same time, however unlikely. This group of CBs was a disaster waiting to happen. In this case it was a dearth of talent and experience, injuries, and a failure to utilize free-agency to back-fill weaknesses on the roster. Having faith that your best CB (with an extensive history of concussion) will somehow endure the season is really rolling the dice. Putting the full weight of the consequences (if Shields were to get injured) on the shoulders of two second-year guys, plus an assortment of UDFA's, is flirting with disaster IMHO. This was a miscalculation on his part and he had no adequate contingencies in place. It is what it is.

He probably won't get canned for this error in judgment because he gets it right more often than not. But make no mistake about it, he did fail with this season's CB group. The results speak for themselves. His chronic aversion to better utilizing free-agency as a means to bolster the roster is a valid talking point. Yet another season gets left on the table.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you look at the drafts of recent seasons, the offensive picks make TT look pretty good, but the defensive picks would suggest that he's lost his fast ball as an evaluator. There are more busts on that side, and even the successful players have come along more slowly.

So if this trend is something more than a fluke, there are two possibilities: either TT can't evaluate players on D like he can on O, or the talent on that side isn't being developed nearly as effectively. Parsing that out is really difficult, but I would be confident in saying that player development on defense is at least half the problem.

As a case in point: Casey Hayward. He was solid in Green Bay, but he had an All Pro season in his first in San Diego.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say fire MM even though Rodgers has been carrying him as well since he got here. He's not as good as he thinks he is..but unless it's Gruden or McDaniels I wouldn't change the HC Yet. If McDaniels wanted the job I'd be bye bye MM tho. Capers has got to go tho...he has managed to stick around 3 yrs longer than he should have. TT has to go as well...GB needs an actual owner to make decisions. Not some board or committee. Both would be out of a job because the fact that this team hasn't gotten any better on defense is inexcusable. They've had several years. TT keeps guys like Brad Jones, MD Jennings, Aj Hawk, But cuts Woodson, and lets Cullen Jenkins and Hayward walk?? Wasted 1st rd picks on Jones and Randall and thought it would be a good ideal to take Rollins in the second whom no one ever heard of. Not to mention the fact that he screwed us by doing nothing to upgrade the corner positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts