Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

@TT
Maybe we should for once draft a true CB, not a converted basketballpayer or saftey as Randall, Collins or Goodson ? The slower, undrafted Gunter shows why... and maybe CB's are also better prepared healthwise for the NFL, too.

The Packers should use free agency to bring in a #1 cornerback next offseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I think we both have been saying this for quite awhile. This should be TT's #1 goal in the way of any FA action. I get drafting Randall and Rollins when you have Shields as your other CB. But Shields is most likely done, Randall and Rollins are still a project in the making and the Packers again will be picking at the end of the first round. Do they really want to go into 2017 with the current group of CB's and hope a Rookie improves what is currently pretty mediocre play?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan played a very good game against the Giants. He's been up and down. He struggles against offenses that are threats to run or pass, where he gets caught processing in pass or guessing in run or getting caught in play action. Against the Giants, with a weak run game, he was more natural and free flowing with less to worry about.

On balance over the course of this season he's played better than his compatriots at ILB. Their inconsistencies sure don't help his game much. Ryan looks a lot better with Burnett getting steady work in the box in lieu of the other guys.

Speaking of Burnett, he's my 2016 Packer D MVP. Let's hope he's back on the field on Sunday. He's sorely needed.

Our linebackers are playing much better than last year and hopefully Martinez can play some Sunday. I noticed Thomas (who I think has improved a lot) anticipating the running plays too quickly (well at least one time) again. These running backs adjust too well for him to do that. It just opens up a hole. imho[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dusting this off. Looks like it will be getting a lot of use. Rotated the tires, changed the oil, washed the windows. Complete tune-up.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted this somewhere else, but fits more here.

Not defending Capers for his body of work nor am I even saying he should keep his job since I'd probably get accused of those.

Dom tried just about everything. He played tight man, he blitzed, he didn't blitz, he played zone.

You can watch just the first Falcon drive for a good, quick example.

None of it worked because the execution was awful.

For anyone blaming Dom for this game.

1) What plays were bad a what should he have called instead?

2) What should he have done to stop the Falcons?

There really isn't much Dom could have done today with how the players played

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not defending Capers for his body of work nor am I even saying he should keep his job since I'd probably get accused of those.

Dom tried just about everything. He played tight man, he blitzed, he didn't blitz, he played zone.

Agreed. The D is awful. It's on TT.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yea, why try to adjust....Dom left Gunter on Julio all game, his D gets used every year, lets keep him! this looks like when he refused to adjust to Kaepernicks running game in 2012. DUMP HIM. This is a Superbowl team but the D coaching is pathetic. Time to change.

still proud of our guys though. GO PACK GO.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, why try to adjust....Dom left Gunter on Julio all game, his D gets used every year, lets keep him! this looks like when he refused to adjust to Kaepernicks running game in 2012. DUMP HIM. This is a Superbowl team but the D coaching is pathetic. Time to change.

I'm actually not proud of our "Guys". They didn't show up. I could care less about injuries or excuses. This is a results oriented business. They would've been better off losing last week and allowing Dallas to give viewers a decent game.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gunter was the best option he had for Julio.

Putting a worse corner on him would have helped?

Zone on Julio didn't work either.

And you clearly didn't even read the first part of my post when I said I wasn't even trying to defend Capers or say he should keep his job.

Reading a whole post is usually a good idea before replying.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

And you clearly didn't even read the first part of my post when I said I wasn't even trying to defend Capers or say he should keep his job.

Yeah, watching Sanu do basically whatever he wanted to against Randall made it clear that there wasn't a corner who was going to matchup with Jones.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dont be an jerk man. i read your post, the "best option" gave up near record playoff rec yards. go for broke and ADJUST. I'm with you, i'm upset but what can you do? we watch, we support, we love the team win or lose. Capers hasnt done what he needs to, our offense is amazing, the defense chokes. we need to fire capers, and TT, it is what it is. Rebuild the D.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont be an jerk man. i read your post, the "best option" gave up near record playoff rec yards. go for broke and ADJUST. I'm with you, i'm upset but what can you do? we watch, we support, we love the team win or lose. Capers hasnt done what he needs to, our offense is amazing, the defense chokes. we need to fire capers, and TT, it is what it is. Rebuild the D.
Our offense was far from amazing today

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So what adjustment should he have made then that could have made up for the huge talent gap?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what adjustment should he have made then that could have made up for the huge talent gap?
Don't you know? They should've played bump and run, I mean that only lead to two defensive holding penalties and a 70 yard touchdown....

Reaction score
While I agree that CB is a top need, I believe we need a complete overhaul in our secondary and D coaching staff, no CB alive will fix this D

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers better draft CB in first round I can't see any position we need that bad with Randall and Rollins both are still a work in process and I don't think Sam is coming back

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, you guys are great. You know what? i don't know how they should have adjusted, i work in a oil refinery in south texas, but you know who should have some sort of idea what to do? the man making millions calling defensive plays for a pro football team, DOM CAPERS! Guys Sorry if i make yall mad i just feel that a man who is paid to do this for a living should see something more than we or I do, all season long we gave up the middle of the field, we gave up HUGE plays and we gave up HUGE numbers to opposing offense. I feel he never ever adjusts and just relied on Rodgers to bail him out, either way its over, but i'm still proud of the Packers, and of course i cant wait to see no chin Matt Ryan lose the big game.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers better draft CB in first round I can't see any position we need that bad with Randall and Rollins both are still a work in process and I don't think Sam is coming back
You want the Packers to draft a CB in the first round in order to replace essentially rookie CB's who are a work in progress? *Does not compute*. Signing a veteran free agent CB seems like a more effective short-term plan.

Drafting an OLB or S would be MUCH better for the short and long-term futures of this organization IMO.

PackerFanInChicago

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson needs to go first, then Capers needs to be fired. Capers is the worst at making in-game adjustments. He doesn't make any adjustments. -this means he's been at this game to long the game has gotten away from him. Therefore, he needs to go. Fire Capers!!!
Ted Thompson also needs to be forced to step down. He's so stubborn in only doing things 100% his way, so now it's time to go. He's wasting Rodgers. A.Rodgers can only take this team so far. There's a reason why we can't get back over the mountain top. So both reason must be fired= Thompson & Capers!!!!

KyPackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say Capers is on a hot seat who would you look toward to take over? I'm sure most people would laugh but as a DC Rex Ryan was pretty good... What's yalls opinion?

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want the Packers to draft a CB in the first round in order to replace essentially rookie CB's who are a work in progress? *Does not compute*. Signing a veteran free agent CB seems like a more effective short-term plan.

Drafting an OLB or S would be MUCH better for the short and long-term futures of this organization IMO.
The packers don't need a S or LB they have lots of depth at the those positions, they should get a edge rusher. They had no presser at all on Matt Ryan today and none at all This season

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall and Rollins are who they are. Superstars don't take three or four years to develop. The Luke Kuechly/Khalil Macks of the world make an impact right away and don't take three or four years to develop. If Teddy continues the draft and develop philosophy that should be used exclusively for bad teams in rebuilding mode, he better do a better job drafting those players instead of the Randalls and Jones's of the world.

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I'm certainly no genius, but my personal opinion is this. TT needs to step away and let Elliot Wolf take over. Next, Capers absolutely has to go. His system has been getting torched for years, with different personnel. So, it starts with talent, then results are based on coaching schemes, preparation and execution. McCarthy also has shown he chokes in the biggest games. I honestly don't think he is Super Bowl coaching material. But, I would retain him for about 3 years under new upper management. Maybe not that long. I urge you as fans to write to Mark Murphy and let him know how upset we Packer fans are with the status quo. I have done it, and he has written me back. It gives me hope that he will listen and make changes. He needs continuous pressure until this problem is rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts