Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about special teams coach?
I think we Need to address Special Teams too, they didn't get a single return TD this season and got burn many times. Also schum isn't cutting it, he the same as Tim mastasy, if anything the packers should have keep Peter Mortell look like he had lots upside

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Given the problems at CB, I came into this game thinking the only chance to win was Matthews, Peppers, etc. getting four or five sacks. Capers & MM surely felt the same, no?

Zero sacks. Nothing. Stymied every time they blitzed, too. You'd think they were playing the Lombardi Packers' O-line today.

~ $25 million on Matthews & Peppers combined (and no doubt Perry will want a huge payday coming up) and Capers got zilch from the pass rush. That was supposed to be his calling card when they signed him 8 yrs. ago as DC...the exotic blitz packages of the old guru Capers.

Look, if Capers can't generate even one sack with a Super Bowl on the line, what's he here for?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Given the problems at CB, I came into this game thinking the only chance to win was Matthews, Peppers, etc. getting four or five sacks. Capers & MM surely felt the same, no?

Zero sacks. Nothing. Stymied every time they blitzed, too. You'd think they were playing the Lombardi Packers' O-line today.

~ $25 million on Matthews & Peppers combined (and no doubt Perry will want a huge payday coming up) and Capers got zilch from the pass rush. That was supposed to be his calling card when they signed him 8 yrs. ago as DC...the exotic blitz packages of the old guru Capers.

Look, if Capers can't generate even one sack with a Super Bowl on the line, what's he here for?
Cap Space? Maybe

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2009 Warner has more touchdowns than incompletions. 51 points.

2011 statistically the worst defense in NFL history. Meltdown against the Giants. Hail Mary before half. 38 points

2012 and 2013 destroyed by Colin Kaepernick.

2014 one of the biggest chokes in NFL history.

2015 80 yards for a TD in about a minute of overtime.

2016 almost 300 yards of offense in one half. 44 points

#Domfense

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Agreed. Which is why I see pass rusher as the top need. Daniels is a good interior presence and Perry is a solid complimentary rusher, but they lack that serious threat that allows the rest of the guy to see the easier matchups.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2011 statistically the worst defense in NFL history. Meltdown against the Giants. Hail Mary before half. 38 points

#Domfense
This hurts.

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#Domfense
The defense always blows the game for them no matter how good the offense is

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long post, but I have to get some things off my chest. MM, DOM, TT all need to go.

Packer fans think about this. We have had Favre and Rodgers (arguably the best back to back QB's in NFL history)
In the last 25 years GB has two Super bowls. IDC About playoff berths, div titles, any of that. In 25 years with 2 top 5 Hall of Fame QB's green bay has only won 2 super bowls and has only been to 3! As a season ticket holder and someone who is a die-hard fan... this is simply not good enough. I am sick of it. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on this. Doing a lot of packer reflecting right now.

Baltimore has 2 with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.
Eli effing manning has 2 SB's.
The bears got to a SB with Rex Grossman
The SEAHAWKS have been to 3 SB's and won 1.
Since they beat us in SB 32... Denver has been to 3 and won 2. GB has only been to 1 in the same time frame.

TT: has missed so often defensively in the drafts.. it is no wonder our Defensive sucks every year.

Dom - It's one thing if the players are constantly confused ( which they are) but its another thing when the continually miss tackles, DROP INTERCEPTIONS, and are confused about the scheme. Our LB's have been too slow since we had Barnett at middle LB. Our DB's are always confused on the complex schemes that he runs. We have never been able to cover TE's or RB's out of the backfield.

MM: How many times has his playcalling come back to bite us in the ***? Last week at Dallas, he let them come back and tie up the game being down from 18. This was partially due to his conservative playcalling. I can think of multiple games off the top of my head where our playcalling allowed other teams to come back and win or almost win. In my opinion he should have been fired after the Seattle loss in 2014. Inexcusable.

2014 Playoffs against Seattle. (we all know what happened)
2014 vs. Atlanta @ home. Up 31-7 @ half. Won 43-37.
2012 @ Indy. Up 21-3 in 1st half. Lost 27-30.
2016 @ dallas. Up 18. Won on a last second FG.

TT: Simply can't draft Talent. How many DL & DB's has this man drafted that have been busts?!!!

2016 - DT Kenny Clark
2015 - DT Datone Jones
2014 - DB Demetri Goodson
2013 - DT Josh Boyd
2012 - S JERRON MCMILLIAN; LB Terrell Manning; DT Jerel Worthy
2011 - Derek Sherrod OT
2007 - JUSTIN HARRELL DT
2006- Abdul Hodge

TT Drafts

D-lineman - Mike Montgomery, Dave Tollefson, Johnny Jolly, Justin Harrell, Jeremy Thompson, Jarius Wynn, B.J. Raji, C.J. Wilson, Mike Neal, Lawrence Guy, Mike Daniels, Jerel Worthy, Josh Boyd, Datone Jones, Khyri Thornton, Kenny Clark, Dean Lowery.

Where to even begin with this list. I have heard Datone's name called once in 2 years. Kenny Clark flat out sucks, and Dean lowery had one sack all year.

LB - Brady Poppinga, Kurt Campbell, Abdul Hodge, A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, Brad Jones, Clay Matthews, D.J. Smith, Ricky Elmore, Nick Perry, Terrell Manning, Sam Barrington, Nate Palmer, Carl Bradford, Kyler Fackrell, Blak Martinez

AJ HAwk was decent, but not worth a # 5 pick. He whiffed on bradford,palmer, jones, and hodge.
Clay Matthews should be traded. He simply cant stay healthy. The only LB worth a damn on our team is Nick Perry. Kyler Fackrell is by far the biggest disappointment in the 2016 LB class.

DB's - Michael Hawkins, Will Blackmon, Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, Davon House, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Demetri Goodson, Quinton Rollins, D. Randall,

Tip - How about we stop drafting basketball players?! Quinton Rollins is garbage and D. Randall is way too slow and undersized.

S - Nick Collins, Marviel Underwood, Tyrone Culver, Aaron Rouse, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

Burnett hasn't lived up to the hype. Yeah he can make a big hit now and again but the dude just plain cant cover. Nick Collins was the only stud on this list. Too early to judge DIX ( but so far has not helped the packers secondary much)

Rodgers has 341 sacks in 9 years. Some due to him yes.. but this Oline has been terrible since rodgers came into the league. The O line is very overrated and can never stay healthy. They showed that today.

Taking out that Super Bowl year, Green Bay is 5-7 in the playoffs during the Rodgers' era. In 2014 playoff loss, McCarthy brought in the field-goal unit twice in the first half on fourth-and-1 plays.

Look at the last 18 playoff games. Mccarthy is 10-8 in playoff games with 3 losses in the NFC Championship including 5 games on the last play.Take out the 2010 SB run and green bay is 6-8

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-22_20-10-19.png
    upload_2017-1-22_20-10-19.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 72

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we Need to address Special Teams too, they didn't get a single return TD this season and got burn many times. Also schum isn't cutting it, he the same as Tim mastasy, if anything the packers should have keep Peter Mortell look like he had lots upside

Schum was fine, especially late in the year and playoffs.

He had three very good playoff games actually.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know it's bad when Falcons fans were telling Packer fans after the game that TT and DC should be fired.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2010 was almost a disaster too, what with having a 21-3 lead in the Super Bowl turn into a 28-25 lead. If Rodgers doesn't hit Jennings on 3rd and 10, Capers probably blows the biggest lead ever in a Super Bowl.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2010 was almost a disaster too, what with having a 21-3 lead in the Super Bowl turn into a 28-25 lead. If Rodgers doesn't hit Jennings on 3rd and 10, Capers probably blows the biggest lead ever in a Super Bowl.
If only the defense could have scored in that game or something to help out

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If only they had the game winning stop that game.

Besides, the defense outplayed Rodgers in two of the four playoff games. Without that defense, they don't even play in the Super Bowl.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schum was fine, especially late in the year and playoffs.

He had three very good playoff games actually.

Schum was 5th out of the 12 postseason punters with a net of 42.5.

Schum finished the regular season 24th in punting. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th. His net average was 39.5. That is ****ing horrible. Your response is EXACTLY what is wrong with packer fans today. We are okay with mediocrity. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th on net average and 27th on punts downed in the 20. He did an okay job at Dallas which skewed his post season stats. I like to look at a full body of work.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Schum finished the regular season 24th in punting. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th. His net average was 39.5. That is ******* horrible. Your response is EXACTLY what is wrong with packer fans today. We are okay with mediocrity. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th on net average and 27th on punts downed in the 20. He did an okay job at Dallas which skewed his post season stats. I like to look at a full body of work.

That playoff net would be 6th for the regular season.

He did have a rough start to the season, but came on strong.

He was much better late in the season than early. His poor start skews his season ranking.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Schum finished the regular season 24th in punting. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th. His net average was 39.5. That is ******* horrible. Your response is EXACTLY what is wrong with packer fans today. We are okay with mediocrity. This man has one job to do and he finished 24th on net average and 27th on punts downed in the 20. He did an okay job at Dallas which skewed his post season stats. I like to look at a full body of work.
To Give you a point of reference - Tim Masthay the guy we cut averaged 44.2 years in his career. His worst year was a
That playoff net would be 6th for the regular season.

He did have a rough start to the season, but came on strong.

He was much better late in the season than early. His poor start skews his season ranking.

His net was 41.3 vs NYG ; 45.3 @ Dallas (dome); 47 @ ATL (Dome).

His Regular Season Splits. Completely Contradict your entire point. IDK about other posters, but I like to see claims backed up with stats. January was of course his AWFUL game at Detroit.

September: 43.04
October 42.13
November 45.57
December 41.44
January 37.00

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What is wrong with Packer fans today is most don't have a clue what they're talking about. They like to look at everything as a separate entity and without context and act as if it all happens in a vacuum.

Outside of a rough start, punting was not an issue at any time this season or post season. Doesn't matter the stats say. Just like today, 99% of the johny come latelys are *****ing about defense all the while ignoring our on fire offense failed to score a single point in an entire half of football knowing we were facing a team with a very potent scoring offense and a mediocre defense

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Give you a point of reference - Tim Masthay the guy we cut averaged 44.2 years in his career. His worst year was a

His net was 41.3 vs NYG ; 45.3 @ Dallas (dome); 47 @ ATL (Dome).

His Regular Season Splits. Completely Contradict your entire point. IDK about other posters, but I like to see claims backed up with stats. January was of course his AWFUL game at Detroit.

September: 43.04
October 42.13
November 45.57
December 41.44
January 37.00
His 43.2 yards/Punt are still 27th in the league. No matter how you cut it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst part about today is how little of a surprise it was on D. I mean, was anyone here really shocked or even remotely surprised that Julio shredded us and the D gave up 44 points?

BTW, the 44 points allowed? Only the 3rd worst by a Capers led D in the playoffs in Green Bay. They gave up more than that two other times. That is so sad.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons went from garbage D to SB in 2 years.

That's what I was saying. Their head coach recognized the issue with his defense, talked to the GM, and had them draft faster sideline to sideline guys. Guess what? They did it for him. We've been trying to do this for how many years now?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like today, 99% of the johny come latelys are *****ing about defense all the while ignoring our on fire offense failed to score a single point in an entire half of football knowing we were facing a team with a very potent scoring offense and a mediocre defense

This isn't a blame game thread for today's game. I don't think anyone is going to deny that the offense wasn't good enough today. (although it's a little tough when you have to be perfect ).

The point is that the defense has some deep, deep problems that will continue if not addressed. I think most would agree the offense will be fine moving forward.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense would only have been good enough if it had put up 45 or more. Pretty tall order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts