1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Fire Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Sep 9, 2012.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    3-4 LB are 4-3 DE. I see Capers retiring at the end of the season, it has actually already been discussed. Question still remains, WHO REPLACES HIM? Trgovac? Moss? Perry?

Fire Campen and Trgovac if I get to choose.

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Has Capers run his course ala other teams? Maybe. Are the Packers playing better defense than last year? Yes so far.

Capers is the horse we are riding for the duration of this season. A definitive judgement will be best made when the season concludes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    I could see Perry going to the role of KGB in a 4-3. He would not be on the field evey down. We would have to engage a Kampman like DE as well. There just are not that many good 3-4 D- coaches around.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,971
    Who were our defensive players in SB year..

Who coached them??

Yup

Still have issues with Dom?

5. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    He helps win the Packers a Super Bowl, likely heading us to the playoffs again, and some gum-chewing fan thinks he knows defense better than Capers.
    Says it all about fans 2012.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I can't believe this thread......fire Capers.

C'mon man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    In approximately role, but not in size and speed. 3-4 backers tend to be longer and leaner than 4-3 ends.

8. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Fire Dom Capers. After another ****** outing.

9. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I dont think a mid season firing helps this team win this year plain and simple. Some cases you can add by subtracting but a complete schematic change on week 6 is not going to help anyone. The D looked miserable out there in the 2nd half but capers is too busy sitting up in his box with his sweater to come down and chew someones ***. I agree his philosophy seems to get figured out and his welcome here in titletown may be running out. But there is no way he leaves mid season.

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Firing Capers is not going to solve the problem because the defense is NOT our problem. The problem right now is our offense and we can only hope they will improve as time goes by. Coaching is not the problem. The coach cannot go out on the field and play the game for them. When they step onto that field it is up to the players to utilize the knowledge and expertise their coaches give them. Pointing the finger at the coach is not the solution, you are looking at the purple bunny while ignoring the big pink elephant in the room. The problem is our offense not the defense.

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Much (not all) of the defenses problems is the bad offense.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    start of fall down was on rodgers int led to a Td and all went down hill from there

Or when BJ went out....?Once he left we didnt have the pressure we did b4

13. BrettsFavor

BrettsFavor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    WTF with the all out blitzes? I saw at least 3 of them, all failed. I mean, I know there was no pressue but FFS blitzing 1/2 the damn secondary in the 4th quarter...

14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    A team aspiring to the Super Bowl doesn't play like this. We can blame the refs, injuries, you name it. You don't play like this when you have more talent than the other guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    I am going to disagree with you, Kitten. And all the others who state, "it's the players, not the coaches".

IMO, Capers defensive scheme is not working. Pointing back to a Cinderella season in 2010 no longer is credible. It's not working. Either modify it so that the players CAN execute properly, or lose your head. The buck stops with Capers on defense.

And, offensively, the same holds. mcCarthy is not getting the job done. I would like to see another play caller. Opposing teams have figured out how to shut GB down and McCarthy has not adapted. His scheme does well usually (not today) against weak defenses only.

Because of the SB in early 2011, both of these guys will keep their jobs for this season at the minimum. mcCarthy even longer, most likely. But imagine the thin ice he would be on currently if Tampa didn't pull that upset which got the Pack in as a wildcard and MCarthy's playoff record stands today at 1-3 with no trophies...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    So modify it how

explain

17. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +868
    It's been a problem for a while. The defense just got burned by a weak offense, with a good rookie QB. The weak running game gashed us. Wayne had a career game.

Just because the offense is also playing poorly, doesn't give the defense a hall pass.

18. greg5150

greg5150 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this loss to a low Indy team proved how expectations and reality are 2 completely different things. I bleed green and gold but they aren't heading to the playoffs this year, period. They need to go into "damage control" mode right now. This is clearly a team that is heading to the bottom 1/3 of the league. For fans that say we shouldn't panic quite yet? You are 2 weeks too late. I say let's shake things up abit. We really have nothing to lose by giving Capers his walking papers. Plus let's aggressively open our wallet and negotiate some major trades to bring in some experienced offensive lineman and defensive players. The organization can afford it. If that doesn't happen then we will spend years in futility and eventually fire Thompson and McCarthy.

19. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    I'm sorry but you cannot sit there and tell me that the offense is the problem with 27 points on the board, when the defense allowed Indy to put 27 on us in the second half. Seriously get a clue.

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    What would you (general terms as in everyone) do?

Fire dom---okay.....replace with who and why

If you fire him, what defense would you run and why? Mind you Clay prob is crap in another other type

so instead of lip service give some things YOU would do

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    Def only allowed 3 points in 1st half then allowed 27 in 2nd

Off got 21 in 1st then only 7? in 2nd half

So why is is the D fault and not offense?

Off had chance to go up by 4 scores...

Rodgers tosses int and Colt get Td

So no harsh words for Off?

22. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Yes, the coaches bear some of the blame but the players must assume responsibility for how they perform on the field. I'm not calling out anyone in specific, I'm just stating this in general. When you drop passes when you miss tackles it adds up. It's not poor play calling or game planning that's doing this. It wouldn't matter if MM or Capers called the game perfectly if the player still drops the pass or misses the tackle or block. It's execution.

Our problem let me say this again is not our defense or Capers. The reason why we are losing games is because of our O-Line. It starts there and slowly everything on our offense begins to break down. Our defense cannot bail us out of every game.

23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    Question

If we had Graham Harrell would we score as much last year

If you say no----why? Answer is because he isnt that good..If you say yes, your full of :poop:

So why is it not applied to what we have on defense?

i hooe this make sense

24. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +868
    Why can't it be both? 27 points on a rather weak defense that is lacking their head coach? Should have 40+ like the elite offenses tend to do in these cases. And, you are ok with the defensive performance today? If so, wow. Explain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,971
    Hell no I am not happy with the D

but why is it the D getting all the blame?

rodgers and co played like absolute :poop: in 2nd half as well...tell me they didnt

If off has more then 3 and outs in 2nd half, might be that the d isnt on field as so much

• Agree Agree x 5