Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, let's fire a seasoned coach who is known for knowing what he's doing by people who know things, instead of holding the (young) players accountable for their own moment(s) of stupidity (Shields).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least Dom Capers never implemented a bounty system.
Packers have won fair and square and never had to resort to being cheap, low down, dirty, cheating, scum sucking players as the Taints have become.
You saw what happened to A-Rod.
Too bad they feel like they have to keep on resorting to dirty tricks to win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think either Ted Thompson, Mark Murphy or Mike McCarthy slept with one of the ref's wives..

Refs have wives??? I wonder how that works out; Her: "Honey does this dress look good on me?" Him: "Yup, it's good. But wait, upon further review..."

And so we now we know they wear black and white stripes to disguise their black eyes....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Her: "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" Him: "Offsides 10 yards." And the next call he makes on her is "Unnecessary roughness."

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this defense.
Capers' supporters say "Yeah well this is Drew Brees, his offense does this".

Well no, he doesn't throw for 400+ yards and have a 130+ passer rating every game.
Some defenses contain him, some hold him to 200-some yards.

I am disappointed in Jerel Worthy and Mike Daniels so far, to be honest.
We wanted them to add pressure up the middle.

I saw CJ Wilson get thru up the middle once, and Clay is just a man.
But even on the last play in Seattle, the Fail Mary, Worthy didn't go after Wilson. Only Clay did.
Worthy looked like he was spying on the athletic QB.
Like he was going to run for the Hail Mary.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said since the start of the year, when the defense played as bad as it did last year, no one is exempt from being fired. That being said I think he only deserves to be on the hot seat.

He really is a defensive genius. His track record of defenses deteriorating under his watch is troubling, but with a little more communication that can be thrown out the window with this team. If you look at just this year, he's already had 3 1/2 good games out of 5. This defense is improving. We'll get better. Alot of young guys still learning the system. Don't worry.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this defense.
Capers' supporters say "Yeah well this is Drew Brees, his offense does this".

Well no, he doesn't throw for 400+ yards and have a 130+ passer rating every game.
Some defenses contain him, some hold him to 200-some yards.

I agree, I hate the "Well, it's Drew Brees" excuse. There was a reason why we crushed the Bears and Seahawks defensively, and it's because we played man coverage. This game we played zone, and, well, Drew Brees had his way with us.

H

HardRightEdge

Seriously, what is going on with these poor calls against us?

In my opinion, it is just a string of bad luck. Luck in winning is an entirely underestimated factor. Over time we'll get bad calls in our favor, though you won't see quite the readiness on the part of Pack fans to admit it when it happens.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Dom Duh Duh DUMB!! really Dom 3-4 or just 2 rushers against 5 get 4 PR's for heat on a QB, 3rd and short DB's playing off 8 to 10 yards, and U wonder why so many first downs.....get another BEAST to work with Clay, and for christ sakes teach the DB's to tackle, if not pink slip the DB coach, and McCrappy, blow your nose first with the challenge flag before you throw it.............

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom Duh Duh DUMB!! really Dom 3-4 or just 2 rushers against 5 get 4 PR's for heat on a QB, 3rd and short DB's playing off 8 to 10 yards, and U wonder why so many first downs.....get another BEAST to work with Clay, and for christ sakes teach the DB's to tackle, if not pink slip the DB coach, and McCrappy, blow your nose first with the challenge flag before you throw it.............
Why? Did we lose?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
[sarcasm] This is such a mature and well thought-out post it’s hard to rebut. “get another BEAST to work with Clay…” Ya, I wonder why the Packers didn’t think of that – just get another fantastic pass rusher! I can’t imagine any problem with doing so. I'll bet the Bears would let Peppers go for a 5th rounder. Maybe Thompson should be fired for failing to think of that? For that matter I wonder why Thompson doesn’t have all pros throughout the lineup - maybe he’s not working hard enough? And Capers should be fired for alternating between emphasizing blitzing and coverage – he should do what melvin here suggests every passing down because NFL QBs like Brees would never catch on that the same rushing scheme is being used over and over.[/sarcasm]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ViQueens are a perfect example of this right now!

They have a pretty solid defense and special teams. The offense isn't turning the ball over a ton so I think it's a fair start but they should only win 8 or 9 this year. Which is exactly where I like them, in the middle. Not good enough to compete not bad enough to draft a sure fire franchise player.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think peoples expectations for the defense this year are too high. We have what, about five rookies in the rotation and a couple of 2nd year guys. To me this is a rebuilding year on the defense. Dom Capers is one of the greatest defensive minds in the NFL. He can scheme but the players have to execute and with that many young players there are going to be up's and downs. How many years has it been since we picked high in the draft? We have to give these guys time to develop.

Having said that, look at our stats, there is a huge improvement on defense over last year and these kids are still learning. Our defense is only going to improve as the season goes on. We should be 3 and 1 right now with an offense that has only had 1 really good game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Capers is going to remain a coach all that much longer. He's been in the game a long time. I know he does not want another head coaching spot. When his time comes we may be looking at going back to a 4-3 which would take some adjustment.

The Saints' game played right to script. They have a powerful offense and a horrible defense. Even the 9ers gave up a lot of yards and points against them last season. So it is no wonder we got sliced and diced a number of times. But at least we shut down their running attack and forced them to several FG attempts. On the other side of the ball it was virtually a piece of cake. The only real disaster was having to put High School Harrell in the game. If it were not for that we probably win by 10 or 11. When we face Manning, Schaub, and Megatron we will give up some yardage but hopefully not too many points.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Capers is going to remain a coach all that much longer. He's been in the game a long time. I know he does not want another head coaching spot. When his time comes we may be looking at going back to a 4-3 which would take some adjustment.

I find this very unlikely. This takes our best defender and plays him out of position. Where does Matthews play in a 4-3 base? He's complete enough to play any three 4-3 linebacker spots, but none of them are really pass rushing positions. He'd be wasted.

Other than Raji, none of our linemen really 4-3 linemen. They're too big and slow to be 4-3 ends, to small to be 4-3 tackles. (excluding Pickett. If we're projecting Capers being gone 'in the future,' I'm projecting Pickett to retire as well. He's getting older.)

This move would let Perry move back to a 4-3 end, but that's about the only upside to this see to moving back.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
But even on the last play in Seattle, the Fail Mary, Worthy didn't go after Wilson. Only Clay did.
Worthy looked like he was spying on the athletic QB.
Like he was going to run for the Hail Mary.
One of the DL got blocked in the back bad, well before the ball was thrown. Too bad I erased my DVR of the game but if you get a chance to see a replay of the whole play watch what I mean. That guy had the OL beat and just got shoved to the ground from behind. Just adds to how horribly that play was called.
That should have been called before the ball was thrown and before the supposed "roughing" that Seachicken fans supposedly saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts