Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
35 people have voted so far in the poll I posted about coaching changes after this season.

All 35 have affirmed that Capers should lose his job.

Time for one of us to call TT up and tell him THE fans have spoken, now go do it Ted!

Sooner than later, especially if a new candidate is available. Would be nice to give the new DC some time in a throw away season to "play with" what he currently would have. This would allow him good evaluation time to decide who he wants to keep, toss and acquire.

Now if that desired guy is currently employed at the college level, it might not be so easy to pry one away until Dec. or later.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's a rare situation where the player may benefit from the franchise tag. If I'm Adams I place my multi year value at where it was before the Rodgers injury and if they don't meet it, I don't sign.

Then I bank on the team tagging me (They most likely will), get a full year under the tag with Rodgers next year, and have even more leverage having already been tagged once.

I understand what you are saying, but I think if the Packers tagged Adams and paid him what will be more than the $15.682m tag this year on WR's, this place would lose their flipping :poop:

Adams would actually benefit with a high enough base value contract to make him feel well paid, but with enough bonuses built in to reward him if he plays like some of us think he can.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dom has gotten by before because of some of what happened. I have my own thoughts on why he coaches like he does and I believe he coaches a tighter game as the seasons go one. I think that then a couple times he coached some pretty good games when the counted, but we didn't have pretty good players on the field like that 9er game when we were a rookie hyde INT away from winning and Andy Mulumba was the only LB'er left on the field it seemed and shields was gone and a bunch of others.

And then last year was a giant cluster with that defensive backfield. it was terrible, but I don't see how it could have been anything but at times. so i think he got a pass for that into this year. But our defensive backfield is improved greatly on an individual basis and even since his benching, Randall has been playing some pretty good football for the last month. In the run and passing games. but these individual performances aren't amounting jack in the team defense. Why? I think Dom is out of opportunities after this season barring a miraculous turnaround. Which i would rather see, because I don't dislike any of these guys. They all seem like decent people and having them succeed would be good for everyone, but I do think Dom is closer to done. I say 40-60 he stays, but that arrow is moving lower and lower.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but I think if the Packers tagged Adams and paid him what will be more than the $15.682m tag this year on WR's, this place would lose their flipping :poop:

Adams would actually benefit with a high enough base value contract to make him feel well paid, but with enough bonuses built in to reward him if he plays like some of us think he can.

It seems like a lot, but if he wants to test the market, what do you do? He's likely to get 12-14M a year anyway eventually, so I don't think they're going to risk losing him over a couple million for one year.

Bout the same as what we're paying for Clay Matthews to do pretty much nothing.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I can kind of accept that the season is lost if Rodgers gets hurt and can't play. We're not winning the Super Bowl without him anyway.
But what does bug me is that with Rodgers gone, we can see just how subpar this team really is.

Capers must be on his 11th life by now. There really is no excuse for McCarthy not to cut him loose this offseason. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to go out of my mind. :)
Unless McCarthy thinks there is no talent on defense, in which case TT needs to be shown the door, yesterday.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like a lot, but if he wants to test the market, what do you do? He's likely to get 12-14M a year anyway eventually, so I don't think they're going to risk losing him over a couple million for one year.

Bout the same as what we're paying for Clay Matthews to do pretty much nothing.
When has Adams proved he's worth anything close to $14M? Maybe half of that.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When has Adams proved he's worth anything close to $14M? Maybe half of that.

14M is probably too much, but 7 is way too low. I think you're underestimating the WR market. Cobb has a $12.7M cap number this year and he's less valuable to us than Adams. Tavon Austin got $10.5M a year and he's basically a gadget player.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14M is probably too much, but 7 is way too low. I think you're underestimating the WR market. Cobb has a $12.7M cap number this year and he's less valuable to us than Adams. Tavon Austin got $10.5M a year and he's basically a gadget player.
And both of those are awful contracts that no team in the league would take on, in hindsight. Adams will have no 1,000 yard seasons with a QB who inflates WR stats. I could see him taking on a one year contract here or somewhere else if he wants to play his way up to that contract, but his fair market value is closer to $7M, IMO

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few things from the underlying article jumped out at me:

I knew we didn't force a punt in the Detroit game Monday night, but I didn't realize that the last time Detroit went an entire game without punting was in 1971. Once again, the defense has made a landmark failure.

I also noticed that Julius Peppers has 7.5 sacks with Carolina right now. Guess he still had some life in him. Meanwhile the Packers are tied for 28th in the league with 13 sacks.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/green-bay-packers-d-is-for-disappointing/

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few things from the underlying article jumped out at me:

I knew we didn't force a punt in the Detroit game Monday night, but I didn't realize that the last time Detroit went an entire game without punting was in 1971. Once again, the defense has made a landmark failure.

I also noticed that Julius Peppers has 7.5 sacks with Carolina right now. Guess he still had some life in him. Meanwhile the Packers are tied for 28th in the league with 13 sacks.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/green-bay-packers-d-is-for-disappointing/
So much for perry and Matthews hype, although it would not shock me if they went elsewhere and started putting up top 10 sack numbers. Seems to have become the norm.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

This doesn't surprise me at all. Peppers still looked like he had plenty in the tank last year and what he could have provided on and off the field to the Packers this year, would have been worth the money. But hey, the Packers "were loaded" at OLB.....why not go with what hasn't worked. Perry is on pace to get 8 sacks and Clay 5....no need for another guy to create a disruptive pass rush. :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me at all. Peppers still looked like he had plenty in the tank last year and what he could have provided on and off the field to the Packers this year, would have been worth the money. But hey, the Packers "were loaded" at OLB.....why not go with what hasn't worked. Perry is on pace to get 8 sacks and Clay 5....no need for another guy to create a disruptive pass rush. :coffee:
I'm with you. I will say in limited snaps Vince Biegel actually looked pretty good in his debut.... just for the sake of optimism.. maybe he will be something to look forward to in the future.... Ok let's get back to the Capers bashing. Fire Him please.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

These are some truly terrible defensive formations.

The first one looks like a blitz where they completely forgot to cover the left side of the field. So naturally, Detroit called a screen play to a left side of the field. Fire Capers.

The second is a more traditional formation, but everyone is smushed inside. No outside contain. This is elementary stuff. So the RB bounces outside and makes a big gain. Fire Capers.

The third play featured was the worst defensive formation I've ever seen. It looks like they were in punt coverage. There are likely countless ways such a dumb formation could be exposed. Needless to say, a TD was scored. Fire Capers.

Capers thinks he is smart and causes confusion for the offense with his stupid looking schemes, but that has clearly never been the case. He's just putting players in worse positions to make plays, and as a result, they don't make plays.

Fire Capers.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Since 1966.

Teams that have given up 17 points per game or less win 70% of the time.
Teams that have given up 17.1 to 21 points per game win 56% of the time.
Teams that have given up 21.1 to 24 points per game win 42% of the time.
Teams that have given up more than 24.1 points per game win 31% of the time.

Packers since 2012, including 2012

PPG given up 17 or less. 90% wins. 29-2
PPG 17.1 to 21. 76% wins 13-4
PPG 21.1 to 24 80% wins 8-2
PPG over 25 a game. 28% wins. 11-28

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For those who follow the Wisconsin Badgers, they proved yesterday just how much a great defense can do for the team. If the Packers had a defense as dominant as Wisconsin's has been all season, with Rodgers, they go undefeated, without #12 they are still in every game.

This is a first year DC named Jim Leonard putting it all together for the Badger defense! The amount of creativity and adjusting the guy does in his first season as a DC, makes Capers look like a Rookie. Do the Badgers have some good players on Defense? Sure they do, but not studs, not All American players, just guys who are well coached, play hard every down and play outstanding and well disciplined as a unit. This despite losing 3 of their top starters to injuries.

The Vikings and now the Bears are putting together solid defenses, yet the Packers keep pumping a high amount of draft resources into the defense and nothing.

Fire Capers!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who follow the Wisconsin Badgers, they proved yesterday just how much a great defense can do for the team. If the Packers had a defense as dominant as Wisconsin's has been all season, with Rodgers, they go undefeated, without #12 they are still in every game.

This is a first year DC named Jim Leonard putting it all together for the Badger defense! The amount of creativity and adjusting the guy does in his first season as a DC, makes Capers look like a Rookie. Do the Badgers have some good players on Defense? Sure they do, but not studs, not All American players, just guys who are well coached, play hard every down and play outstanding and well disciplined as a unit. This despite losing 3 of their top starters to injuries.

Fire Capers!
I watched that game yesterday and I was thinking the same thing.
The Badgers defense rocks!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I watched that game yesterday and I was thinking the same thing.
The Badgers defense rocks!

They rocked, despite 4 turnovers and 2 of them being pick 6's. What was it they gave up on defense, 66 yards and 5 first downs against an Iowa team that put up 55 last week against the Buckeyes! If I didn't like my Badgers so much, I would want Jim Leonard on the first bus up to Green Bay on Monday!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They rocked, despite 4 turnovers and 2 of them being pick 6's. What was it they gave up on defense, 66 yards and 5 first downs against an Iowa team that put up 55 last week against the Buckeyes! If I didn't like my Badgers so much, I would want Jim Leonard on the first bus up to Green Bay on Monday!
maybe he could just drive up Green Bay on game day ..... can't do any worse than Capers.

Ronald Speckerjust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive showed my frustration with him. This game showed how horrible he is. Put your input
Can't express my frustration enough. This defense sucks. Let's start a petition to fire Capers. It is way to obvious the players DON'T play for Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts