Finally get to see Dallas freeze in Greenbay -- Official division game thread

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate how they get to dodge the cold. Well guess what Jerry? Its going to be blistering cold.
Im happy to see it will be Dallas to get the super special beat down thats reserved for the team that gets in the way of us going to Seattle.......
Jerry Jones better consult his plastic surgeon before coming to GB? He might crack.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we win, but I'm disappointed as to how the Detroit game turned out. The Lions blew it. Would have been so much easier to beat Carolina. There is no way Carolina beats Seattle, so, if we win, we end up going to Seattle for sure now.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw today I don't think the Cowboys will be appreciably more difficult than the Panthers to beat and the Pack would be going to Seattle for an NFC title game either way.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw today I don't think the Cowboys will be appreciably more difficult than the Panthers to beat and the Pack would be going to Seattle for an NFC title game either way.

For whatever reason, Dallas bumbles around at home and then plays great on the road. I think they'll be sharper next week.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that PI flag they picked up....? Wonder how much it cost jerry to buy a playoff game?

Probably a lot more than it cost the Lions to lobby the league to overturn Suh's suspension. According to accounts all they did was pay for a phone call.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that PI flag they picked up....? Wonder how much it cost jerry to buy a playoff game?

I'm not much of a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but that was ridiculous. You can't do that. Obviously the NFL would rather see a Packers-Cowboys matchup as well.....anyways, the Lions beat themselves in other ways during the game(and maybe they'd have lost anyway), but that was a terrible call.

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dez Bryant is on the field arguing with the refs and they overturn the call WTF, he should have been flagged. Did you notice the TOOL Bryant when his teammate caught the go ahead touchdown put his head down and went the other way instead of celebrating with his teammate.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions did a nice job on him today, we need to do the same. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Julio Jones, and IMO, Bryant poses the biggest threat since Jones. Even more than Johnson. What does Capers need to do to slow him down?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey.... People thing Dez should have been flagged for running out onto the field (and arguing with the red) w/o his helmet on....

Sorry Deteoit..... He WOULD have had his helmet on, but it was so cold he couldn't feel his head and he didnt realize his helmet wasn't on

Oooops!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions did a nice job on him today, we need to do the same. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Julio Jones, and IMO, Bryant poses the biggest threat since Jones. Even more than Johnson. What does Capers need to do to slow him down?

The players are more important than what Capers calls. Shields, Tramon, and whoever else end up on him have to play well.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryant does his damage after the catch. Our DB's will need to tackle good against Dallas.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Panthers looked terrible. Lindley was awful for the Cards and Newton did his best to let the Cardinals win and the win wasn't dominating. Let's also not forget they were 7-8-1.

The Cowboys are certainly better than the Panthers and will be harder to beat. That being said, Packers will beat Dallas anyway.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players are more important than what Capers calls. Shields, Tramon, and whoever else end up on him have to play well.
I don't think capers should be involved - coaches don't matter. I think the DBs should just talk about it in the huddle before each play.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course, but there is more to it than just that. The way Capers decides to play Bryant will play a big role too. The defense has done a good job of containing Calvin this year, but flubbed against Julio Jones. When an opposing WR has 259 receiving yards against you, the defensive coordinator isn't doing something correctly. If the Packers defensive backs weren't getting the job done it was up to Capers to adjust. Maybe he did, maybe tried to and failed, but it seemed like to me that JJ was left in one on one coverage even after he had proved Shields was no match to cover him.

G

GhostofCurly

Carolina's defense has picked it up lately. If they can keep it close anything can happen.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming from the guy who thinks an army of sheep could beat an army of lions....
An army of lions who are led by a sheep. Its an old proverb. Wisdom of the ages still trumps self imposed ignorance of any era.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An army of lions who are led by a sheep. Its an old proverb. Wisdom of the ages still trumps self imposed ignorance of any era.

Sounds like the saying "It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight of the dog" which is also crap. What if it's my parents 5lb toy poodle vs. any great dane?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the saying "It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight of the dog" which is also crap. What if it's my parents 5lb toy poodle vs. any great dane?

I would guess a typical toy poodle, even with fully charged lithium batteries, doesn't have much fight in him.

Members online

Latest posts