Finally get to see Dallas freeze in Greenbay -- Official division game thread

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you also have a better chance of Romo beating himself.

The Romo hate is weird because it's just not true. Rodgers is better than Romo (enough posters get insecure about praising other players that it becomes necessary to mention this up front). That said, Romo has more comeback wins since he entered the league than any other QB.

Outside of 2012, he has thrown 10 or fewer interceptions in every season since 2009 (though in 2010 he did manage 7 picks in 6 games). Just because Dallas finds ways to lose doesn't mean it's Romo's fault.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Romo hate is weird because it's just not true. Rodgers is better than Romo (enough posters get insecure about praising other players that it becomes necessary to mention this up front). That said, Romo has more comeback wins since he entered the league than any other QB.

Outside of 2012, he has thrown 10 or fewer interceptions in every season since 2009 (though in 2010 he did manage 7 picks in 6 games). Just because Dallas finds ways to lose doesn't mean it's Romo's fault.

Yeah I tend to think that the dysfunction in Dallas is not on the quarterback.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It just seems that his biggest dumbest mistakes are at critical game time moments. Maybe that is an erroneous perception as well. I would have bet he had more INTs than the stats you provided.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just seems that his biggest dumbest mistakes are at critical game time moments. Maybe that is an erroneous perception as well. I would have bet he had more INTs than the stats you provided.

Yeah, it's one of weirder phenomenons out there in the NFL. I think it's mainly due to clueless Cowboys fans but the fact is that Romo is, and has been, a very good QB.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised the most important factor in the game hasn't been mentioned: The thigh of Aaron Rodgers.
Olivia's giving him "treatment" on his thigh, but it's his pulled calf that I'm worried about ;). It won't be 100% for another few months, but it'll definitely be better next Sunday than yesterday, so I'm very happy for the bye week.

I don't see Dallas stopping the GB run game, just hope MM doesn't abandon it. Would love to see Lacy, AR & the receiving corp hang at least 24 pts. on them by half time so MM will keep running Lacy & Starks the 2nd half.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My concern isn't how Rodgers' calf feels at the beginning of the game, but during the game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers calf is a big concern. If I'm Dallas I rush with 3 guys more often and go for coverage. Normally Rodgers beats those schemes by extending the play with his feet until coverage breaks down. That won't happen any more and if Rodgers does try to scramble the chances of reinjury goes way up. The Packers defense will have to create turnovers to win from here on out. Rodgers calf will have an impact especially if he sees max coverage.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers calf will likely cut the playbook in half. Gone are roll outs, QB bootlegs and perhaps even play action passes where he starts under center. If Rodgers is limited to the shotgun then running plays from the I formation are gone as well and the stretch play may be less effective. Just means that the D had better really step up and make plays. I think the Packers corners can cover Dallas' wide outs well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Lions did a nice job on him today, we need to do the same. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Julio Jones, and IMO, Bryant poses the biggest threat since Jones. Even more than Johnson. What does Capers need to do to slow him down?

More often than not the def held #1 Wr in check through out the season..

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Dallas rushes 3 and watch Lacy go off for 200yds :)
If there are only 3 DL's Lacy better get through the line with a head of steam and punish the LB's/DB's... no more dancing waiting for a hole to open up 2 seconds later. Cut, hit the hole fast and low and punish!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers' calf shouldn't be much of an issue and I don't expect to see him immobile in the pocket. The temperature forecast is really perfect. With colder temps occurring this week it will actually feel warm for the Packers players. The Cowboys will still think that 21 is cold. That difference in mindset can be a factor.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that, defensively, Dallas does what a bunch of other teams have done to us this year. Rush four, and drop seven back. It'll be up to Lacy to pound it to force Dallas to bring their players up to the line. I honestly wasn't that impressed with the Dallas defense against the Lions. I don't think they have a bad defense, but I think we can put up more than thirty on them. I'm more worried about how Capers deals with the perfect balance of the Dallas offense.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The big three stars of that offense are all quite scary. Murray, Bryant, and Romo can all change a game. I'm most worried about Romo. I do think he has been playing quite differently this season. He seems to be making his way into that elite category where only 4-5 quarterbacks are typically mentioned. I think he's taken phillip rivers place in that discussion—at least this season.
I think in order to win this one the Packers have to make Romo uncomfortable. The lions did that the first half by getting hits on Romo throughout the first half, and he seemed to play poorly. While he was sacked in the second half a couple times he seemed to be getting hit less which got him in a groove.
It'll be important for the Packers offense to sustain drives. The Pack has won some games with less time of possession this year, but I think if the cowboys have the ball for longer it'll heavily favor them in the game. It would be interesting to see who had the ball longer in the fist half of the Detroit-Dallas game versus the second half.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB plays like GB on offense, points should not be an issue. Have dropped passses and critical penalties and that changes things. It's like every other game. If GB is playing it's game well i'm not worried offensively at all.

On defense, getting pressure on Romo on passing downs will be huge. Get a few hits on him and this game could get blown wide open. No pressure and they'll pass and run all day.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeMarco Murray.

He's the key. I rate our secondary better, so expect Nelson/Cobb/Adams to have more joy than Bryant. We should do what Lions did in first half. Pressure Romo and find a way to put a leash on Murray. Rest will be taken care of by ARod.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What does Capers have to do to slow down Bryant? This one’s easy: Have a Great Dane distract him while a toy poodle takes a piece out his lower leg.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big three stars of that offense are all quite scary. Murray, Bryant, and Romo can all change a game. I'm most worried about Romo. I do think he has been playing quite differently this season. He seems to be making his way into that elite category where only 4-5 quarterbacks are typically mentioned. I think he's taken phillip rivers place in that discussion—at least this season.
I think in order to win this one the Packers have to make Romo uncomfortable. The lions did that the first half by getting hits on Romo throughout the first half, and he seemed to play poorly. While he was sacked in the second half a couple times he seemed to be getting hit less which got him in a groove.
It'll be important for the Packers offense to sustain drives. The Pack has won some games with less time of possession this year, but I think if the cowboys have the ball for longer it'll heavily favor them in the game. It would be interesting to see who had the ball longer in the fist half of the Detroit-Dallas game versus the second half.
This is why i think we should focus murray pressure romo and stop witten. keep everything infront. Defense have to tackle well this game.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't get to see this one.
I'll be watching it left to right on my radio dial from the Tilden Mine.
I'll still be able to participate in chat however.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw today I don't think the Cowboys will be appreciably more difficult than the Panthers to beat and the Pack would be going to Seattle for an NFC title game either way.

I agree... I came away from that game with very different perception of their OL. They gave up 6 sacks and 10 QB hits after Packers just allowed 1 sack (Flynn) and 2 QB hits vs Detroit.

Still think Packers run defense is an issue... but if Rodgers healthy, I think he eats up this Dallas offense. Avoid turnovers and Packers on to conference final.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate how they get to dodge the cold. Well guess what Jerry? Its going to be blistering cold.

I really wouldn't consider low 20's to be "blistering cold." It does get that cold in Dallas from time to time.

Members online

Latest posts