Finally get to see Dallas freeze in Greenbay -- Official division game thread

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess a typical toy poodle, even with fully charged lithium batteries, doesn't have much fight in him.
My woman's toy poodle aggressively goes after my sister's 80 lb Chocolate lab. The big dog bags down every time.

Wouldn't matter if the poodle had the largest fight in the world as the great dane would destroy it.
Biggest kid in my HS was a huge *****. Got pushed around and intimidated by kids literally 1/2 his size.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers can beat Dallas if they keep Murray in check. No way can they beat the refs. The refs got the call right the FIRST time and then overturned it to the wrong call. We have all seen bull rap calls over the years but this is a first for overturning the correct call and implementing the wrong call. If the stench from Dallas follows the Cowboys to Lambeau then holding penalties will conveniently kill Packer drives.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if anything the officials will be keeping an Eagle eye on Dez after the stunt he got away with today.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if anything the officials will be keeping an Eagle eye on Dez after the stunt he got away with today.
If the refs didn't bother to follow the rules and penalize Dez why would they decide to follow the rules next week? Seems to me Dallas knows they are getting special treatment and can get away with anything they like.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the refs didn't bother to follow the rules and penalize Dez why would they decide to follow the rules next week? Seems to me Dallas knows they are getting special treatment and can get away with anything they like.

At home anyway. I doubt Bryant gets away with that at Lambeau, but then again, he probably doesn't do that in Lambeau because he knows he'd get flagged.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit had a chance to win that game at the end and they blew it.

Packers put up 30 points on Det's defense last week that is far superior to Dallas' defense. The Cowboy's passing defense is one of the worst in the league and Rodgers and co. should be able to take full advantage. They don't have the personnel to play a cover-2.

Can the Packers have success against the Cowboys OL? Detroit sacked Romo 6 times. Either that Dets' front 4 are really awesome, which to a certain extent they are, but our OL certainly took care of them a week ago, or that Dallas' OL isn't all it's cracked up to be. Folks have been chanting the mantra all year about how great they are, but I'm not sure they have anything on GB's OL which has been outstanding over the last 6 weeks or so.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the amount of attention that the bad calls are already receiving, and will continue to receive this week, it wouldn't surprise me if they are extra careful on Sunday.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit had a chance to win that game at the end and they blew it.

Packers put up 30 points on Det's defense last week that is far superior to Dallas' defense. The Cowboy's passing defense is one of the worst in the league and Rodgers and co. should be able to take full advantage. They don't have the personnel to play a cover-2.

Can the Packers have success against the Cowboys OL? Detroit sacked Romo 6 times. Either that Dets' front 4 are really awesome, which to a certain extent they are, but our OL certainly took care of them a week ago, or that Dallas' OL isn't all it's cracked up to be. Folks have been chanting the mantra all year about how great they are, but I'm not sure they have anything on GB's OL which has been outstanding over the last 6 weeks or so.

A couple of those sacks were on Romo, but it did appear that Dallas had no idea what to do with Detroit's blitzs' a bunch of times.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs will be looking to throw flags against Dallas in this game against us. Everyone knows they blew a few calls in that Lions game.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm surprised the most important factor in the game hasn't been mentioned: The calf of Aaron Rodgers. I don't take for granted it's 100%.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised the most important factor in the game hasn't been mentioned: The thigh of Aaron Rodgers. I don't take for granted it's 100%.

That's definitely not forgotten, however I do believe it will be in much better shape. It may cut down some on the scrambling, but two weeks of rest should hopefully help a lot. Also, I would take Rodgers at 90% before most QBs. And if Stafford can throw for over 300 yards without being much of a scrambler (although he did a few times this game) I feel that Rodgers will be ready and know where their weaknesses will be and adapt his play accordingly.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If its any solace to Detroit, Dez will probably be fined ROTFLMFAO

Reaction score
Make Dez lose his cool and he'll cost his team the game.
Dez should have cost the Cowboys the game against the Lions... He should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for running onto the field from the sideline and yelling at the ref after that PI call. Still don't know how both refs decided to pick up their flags.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And one has to wonder how well Murray's hand will hold up in the cold weather. I predict a couple of fumbles by him.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate how they get to dodge the cold. Well guess what Jerry? Its going to be blistering cold.
Im happy to see it will be Dallas to get the super special beat down thats reserved for the team that gets in the way of us going to Seattle.......
Jerry Jones better consult his plastic surgeon before coming to GB? He might crack.
The forecast for Sunday in Green Bay: sunny,21 degrees, light winds.
A pretty nice day for January in Green Bay.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game, and just quickly saw a replay. I can see the call, or no call. I prefer the no call. There was contact and pushing off by Pettigrew too. If they're going to let the "play" then let them "play", especially if it had been like that the whole game.

I absolutely hate when a qb throws a poor ball and the receiver is initiating contact or pushing off a defender in position and they get some crap call to move the chains and a bunch of yards on a play they should NOT be rewarded for. Quarterbacks are good enough and receivers are good enough, they can certainly allow some contact to contest a pass. If a receiver is going to hold a defender at arms length to create space, then they shouldn't be surprised when the refs let the defender get a way with some contact too.

As for Bryant, he should have gotten flagged probably, but then they rarely call that. I'd hate to see referees be such a big part of the game, any game. But at the same time rules are rules for a reason. not sure how i feel either way. I guess I'd be more happy with a no call and then a 100K fine by the league. Send the message, but don't alter the game on the field unless it's an ongoing issue with a particular player.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
That Dallas game was hard to watch. I was pretty vocal through the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure I not only woke up the baby, but made her crap herself when that PI call was picked up....

Anyway, I'll be watching next week, hoping Green Bay puts about 50 points on Dallas. They are not as good as they are hyped up to be.

Good luck going forward. I would love to see an NFC North team in the Super Bowl, even if it has to be the Packers :p

Members online

Latest posts