Favre

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not Favre that lost the game to the bears it was Longwell. He has to make those fieldgoals. It seems to me he has choked to many times this year and cost us at least a couple of games.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longwell has not been Longwell this year and Favre has not been Favre either. Seems like this was the year from hell as anything that could go wrong did go wrong but I can not lay the blame for this season on them or any other individual factor. I lay the majority of the blame on the Injuries and Penalties. I hope Brett and Ryan both come back next year, but that's just me.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Longwell has not been Longwell this year and Favre has not been Favre either. Seems like this was the year from hell as anything that could go wrong did go wrong but I can not lay the blame for this season on them or any other individual factor. I lay the majority of the blame on the Injuries and Penalties. I hope Brett and Ryan both come back next year, but that's just me.
I'm with you Winni!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
I'm with you Winni!

My thoughts as well.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has been put into a situation where he feels the need to carry the complete load. The fact of the matter is that he probably needed to do just that this year for the team to even have a chance. The talent level around him is so bad that 3 wins is probably just about right. I hope the players that are injured come back with a vengeance and help #4 go out the right way...

It's really sad when you look at the way Favre is leaving the game as compared to someone like Elway. The Broncos did almost anything to surround him with enough talent to prevail during his last few years. I would love to see the same for Brett as he is so deserving to go out a winner.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
It was not Favre that lost the game to the bears it was Longwell. He has to make those fieldgoals. It seems to me he has choked to many times this year and cost us at least a couple of games.

Longwell helped but when Favre missed WIIIIDE open DD in the back of the endzone that doesn't help or he tosses a ten yard TD PICK to a LB that he should have seen, the fact that Longwell's kicks (that would have left us one point short of a tie) don't really matter as much.

Don't get me wrong, when Longwell lined up for the FG he actually made I was almost working my way to the stairs to run on the field and jump him if he missed. Actually the first FG looked good from our seats so we were quite freaking out when the ref's said it was no good.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the poop on Favre. His physical skills are as good as ever. He doesn't have a communication with these receivers because they haven't been here long enough to know each others idiosyncracies. Example, what should the receiver do when Favre gets in trouble and Favre needs to know that when he's in trouble the receiver will do this. He had that with guys like Brooks. On the other hand, Brett has always been prone to making dumb decisions and that tends to happen when he doesn't go through his reads. What mystifies me about him is that he can read a defense and pick it apart as well or better than anyone else, but he gets impatient and tries to make the HOF, great play, rather than the right one, and he doesn't have the talent around him to do that right now. I guess I just expect him to make better decisions than he does. Maybe I'm expecting too much of him.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Michael Jordan managed to carry the complete load for the Bulls :p

so what, what's your point. are you really comparing an NBA gaurd to a NFL qb? i thought packer fans were intellegent!!

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, don't even get me started on Longwell. I am so baffled by his performance this year. Without a running game and an offensive line, we NEED a good field goal kicker. I've always liked and trusted Longwell. At this point, I'd say we need a new field goal kicker, along with everything else we need. Draft should be interesting. Off-season should be very busy. At least, I hope it is.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Michael Jordan managed to carry the complete load for the Bulls :p

No he didn’t. When Jordan was their only player they won nothing. It was not until he was surrounded by talent that they became a great team. Jordan could have scored 50 points every night and it would have meant nothing.
Jordan had a chance to go out on top after hitting the final shot to win the title but choose to come back and play for a really bad team in Washington and they went nowhere. He stayed too long.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not compare the bad MJ comeback to Favre (potentially) staying another year when he still has 'the stuff'

of course this is just my opinion, and I dont want to sound all knowing and self righteous.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right because Jordan still had more of "the stuff" than Favre does. Jordan was not only the best player the Wizards had but out scored most of the players in the league and bailed them out time after time. When was the last time that Favre has bailed out the Packers?
Jordan did not lose a single game for the Wizards that year. Can you say the same for Favre?
My point was that he left the game playing for a bad team because he wanted to prove something.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil, word in the woods was that your supposed to be in hibernation now that your Bears managed to sweep us but since your still here Favre has "the stuff" too my friend and I will go one step farther, In this physically punishing game, 240 consecutive starts with only one losing season says he has more of "The Stuff" then Jordan.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:

I say Longwell should go.

Members online

Latest posts