Favre to Jennings TD Pass

generalbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definetely the best "Favre moment" in the last 2 years, given the meaningfulness of it. That play won the game against a good Chargers team, tied the all-time TD record, and it was done in an exciting come-from-behind win.

Most significant is it puts us at 3-0 after the toughest part of our schedule. Look at the rest of it; I don't see us losing more than 4-5 games:

@Min
Chi
Wash
Open
@Den
@KC
Min
Car
@Det
@Dal
Oak
@StL
@Chi
Det

This schedule has really opened up!

Given these circumstances, would you put this in the top 10 Favre plays in his career?

Others that likely rank above it:

Super Bowl: Pass to Rison, and TD run
Playoffs: Favre to Sharpe vs Lions,
Others: Favre to Taylor in 1st game over Cincy, 99 yarder to Brooks against Bears, "miracle" OT pass to Freeman on Monday Night, maybe a couple plays from the Monday Night game over Oakland

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously it's huge, cause it tied the all time record AND was huge in winning the game.
So based on those 2 things alone, it's big.

OP
OP
G

generalbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see only 2 posts, so I wanna say welcome to the board, but I see you've been here just short of a year. :)

Just one of the many sites I check every day, but rarely post.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Picking one of 420 (not including playoffs) isn't easy, my new friend. That was definitely nice though.

I foresee many Favre to Jennings TDs in the future.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was getting a little down I guess you could say. I was watching the play and I said here we go, driver on a slant, then I seen him go in motion on the inside and said aww ****... Then the snap, saw brett look to his left licking his chops an the moment Jennings grabbed I jumped up and said hells ****in yes! lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was putting my contacts in for football. I was pissed the goal line stand didnt get any points.

I came back, and we're kicking a field goal, the gameday chat guys are goin nuts. Im getting excited and i didnt even know why....till i seen the replay. And DAMN!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was putting my contacts in for football. I was pissed the goal line stand didnt get any points.

I came back, and we're kicking a field goal, the gameday chat guys are goin nuts. Im getting excited and i didnt even know why....till i seen the replay. And DAMN!

I'm getting tired of the poor software of that chat so I bailed. It just doesn't keep up like other commonly used chat software. :shrug:

I was a little ticked about the Packers not trying to run the ball on the goal line. I think if we would have had a FB smash in and have Wynn follow behind on a cut back we'd have had enough push for him to gain the one yard.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The play will lose some of its luster if the Packers flame out and fail to make the playoffs. But it does look like a good candidate for Favre's top ten. I like that it was a slant, because those passes are Favre's bread and butter, with his quick release, incredible arm strength, and pinpoint accuracy.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now we are playing the first principal of the west coast offense to perfection, pass to open up the run, the only problem is we aren't yet running.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
B. Jackson 6 22 3.7 8 1 0
R. Grant 3 10 3.3 5 0 0
D. Wynn 2 9 4.5 5 0 0

Um, look at the averages. it's not that we didn't run WELL, we just didn't do it often. We did EXACTLY what we needed to do to beat the chargers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now we are playing the first principal of the west coast offense to perfection, pass to open up the run, the only problem is we aren't yet running.

and we're 3-0

I am also waiting for more runs.

But we're playing WEAK pass defenses, and MM\Favre are making awesome decisions.

Vikings also have a weak pass D. Dont be shocked if its another weak of pass heavy offense.

but it'll end 4-0, so who cares. hehehe

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Green Bay Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
B. Jackson 6 22 3.7 8 1 0
R. Grant 3 10 3.3 5 0 0
D. Wynn 2 9 4.5 5 0 0

Um, look at the averages. it's not that we didn't run WELL, we just didn't do it often. We did EXACTLY what we needed to do to beat the chargers.

Before the game, if someone told me that all three of our backs would have more yards per carry than LaDanian Tomlinson, I would've said, "I'll take it!'

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB picked their spots well WHEN to run, kinda like when Favre audibled to a QB draw! What a crazy old man!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was getting a little down I guess you could say. I was watching the play and I said here we go, driver on a slant, then I seen him go in motion on the inside and said aww ****... Then the snap, saw brett look to his left licking his chops an the moment Jennings grabbed I jumped up and said hells ****in yes! lol

One of the few advantages to sitting up high in the endzone was being able to watch this play unfold in front of me.

My favorite TD grab was the one to Sharpe in Det to win the game. After many years of trying to climb up the NFL ladder with limited success, it showed us that the Pack was indeed back.

Members online