1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre to Jennings TD Pass

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by generalbo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. generalbo

generalbo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Definetely the best "Favre moment" in the last 2 years, given the meaningfulness of it. That play won the game against a good Chargers team, tied the all-time TD record, and it was done in an exciting come-from-behind win.

Most significant is it puts us at 3-0 after the toughest part of our schedule. Look at the rest of it; I don't see us losing more than 4-5 games:

@Min
    Chi
    Wash
    Open
    @Den
    @KC
    Min
    Car
    @Det
    @Dal
    Oak
    @StL
    @Chi
    Det

This schedule has really opened up!

Given these circumstances, would you put this in the top 10 Favre plays in his career?

Others that likely rank above it:

Super Bowl: Pass to Rison, and TD run
    Playoffs: Favre to Sharpe vs Lions,
    Others: Favre to Taylor in 1st game over Cincy, 99 yarder to Brooks against Bears, "miracle" OT pass to Freeman on Monday Night, maybe a couple plays from the Monday Night game over Oakland

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I see only 2 posts, so I wanna say welcome to the board, but I see you've been here just short of a year. :)

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Obviously it's huge, cause it tied the all time record AND was huge in winning the game.
    So based on those 2 things alone, it's big.

4. generalbo

generalbo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just one of the many sites I check every day, but rarely post.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Picking one of 420 (not including playoffs) isn't easy, my new friend. That was definitely nice though.

I foresee many Favre to Jennings TDs in the future.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't post often myself... :shock:

7. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was such a sweet play. I LOVED it

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I was getting a little down I guess you could say. I was watching the play and I said here we go, driver on a slant, then I seen him go in motion on the inside and said aww ****... Then the snap, saw brett look to his left licking his chops an the moment Jennings grabbed I jumped up and said hells ****** yes! lol

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was putting my contacts in for football. I was pissed the goal line stand didnt get any points.

I came back, and we're kicking a field goal, the gameday chat guys are goin nuts. Im getting excited and i didnt even know why....till i seen the replay. And DAMN!

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm getting tired of the poor software of that chat so I bailed. It just doesn't keep up like other commonly used chat software. :shrug:

I was a little ticked about the Packers not trying to run the ball on the goal line. I think if we would have had a FB smash in and have Wynn follow behind on a cut back we'd have had enough push for him to gain the one yard.

11. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    my favorite favre pass was the one in seattle where he was wrapped up and with his left hand flipped it to I believe chmura

12. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The play will lose some of its luster if the Packers flame out and fail to make the playoffs. But it does look like a good candidate for Favre's top ten. I like that it was a slant, because those passes are Favre's bread and butter, with his quick release, incredible arm strength, and pinpoint accuracy.

13. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Right now we are playing the first principal of the west coast offense to perfection, pass to open up the run, the only problem is we aren't yet running.

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Green Bay Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
    B. Jackson 6 22 3.7 8 1 0
    R. Grant 3 10 3.3 5 0 0
    D. Wynn 2 9 4.5 5 0 0

Um, look at the averages. it's not that we didn't run WELL, we just didn't do it often. We did EXACTLY what we needed to do to beat the chargers.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and we're 3-0

I am also waiting for more runs.

But we're playing WEAK pass defenses, and MM\Favre are making awesome decisions.

Vikings also have a weak pass D. Dont be shocked if its another weak of pass heavy offense.

but it'll end 4-0, so who cares. hehehe

16. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Before the game, if someone told me that all three of our backs would have more yards per carry than LaDanian Tomlinson, I would've said, "I'll take it!'

17. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Barnett said he thought we could go 16 - 0 on ESPN, lol.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GB picked their spots well WHEN to run, kinda like when Favre audibled to a QB draw! What a crazy old man!

19. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the few advantages to sitting up high in the endzone was being able to watch this play unfold in front of me.

My favorite TD grab was the one to Sharpe in Det to win the game. After many years of trying to climb up the NFL ladder with limited success, it showed us that the Pack was indeed back.