Favre Interview at end of the game.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Brett says the records don't mean anything to him. And in a way I do believe that's how he feels.

BUT it is one thing to be one of the best QBs to ever play the game. It is an other thing to be the all time winningest QB. The QB who has thrown the most TDs And what ever other records he would set by playing just one more season.
And keep in mind that by breaking the TD record he would be taking it away from Marino. A guy who has dissed Brett for most of his career.
Finally, if records were not important to Brett why did he keep his string of games started going for so long? He played in games when his injuries limited his performance. There were a few times when he was not as good of a player as his back up. I think he takes pride, ands rightly so, in his ability to show up for work every single week. But if he was going to do what was best for the team he would have sat out once in a while. So records do mean something to him.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what was said in here..but it was emotional for me to even watch this at the end. It is going to be an emotional day for sure whenever he does decide to retire. which i hope is not for a long long time. But honestly i think there are going to be some of my tears shed when the man retires :(

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Brett says the records don't mean anything to him. And in a way I do believe that's how he feels.

BUT it is one thing to be one of the best QBs to ever play the game. It is an other thing to be the all time winningest QB. The QB who has thrown the most TDs And what ever other records he would set by playing just one more season.
And keep in mind that by breaking the TD record he would be taking it away from Marino. A guy who has dissed Brett for most of his career.
Finally, if records were not important to Brett why did he keep his string of games started going for so long? He played in games when his injuries limited his performance. There were a few times when he was not as good of a player as his back up. I think he takes pride, ands rightly so, in his ability to show up for work every single week. But if he was going to do what was best for the team he would have sat out once in a while. So records do mean something to him.

I could see him not caring about records. However, he has to care about winning, and 2007 w/Favre will definitely be a winning season. I could see TT doing the necessary things in the offseason (Tony G, an SS, or something along those lines) to make us contenders.

Our D without a doubt has improved greatly. I think by the time the season rolls around, Favre would have changed his mind and will come back for one more shot at the big game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For me the thing that makes me think that he won't come back was the way he played tonight. He played like a man possessed and one who really wanted to beat his most hated rival in a venue he's owned over the years.

He played like a man possessed? C'mon. He played a good game, but made some poor throws an underthrew his WR on several occasions.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
For me the thing that makes me think that he won't come back was the way he played tonight. He played like a man possessed and one who really wanted to beat his most hated rival in a venue he's owned over the years.

He played like a man possessed? C'mon. He played a good game, but made some poor throws an underthrew his WR on several occasions.

I think a key thing to note is he played like a man possessed in the 1st Quarter. And that was about it. Other than that his recievers also made a couple of very pretty grabs.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:

I think a key thing to note is he played like a man possessed in the 1st Quarter. And that was about it. Other than that his recievers also made a couple of very pretty grabs.

The WR were very impressive today. Save Martin's stall on his slant that caused the INT.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:

The WR were very impressive today. Save Martin's stall on his slant that caused the INT.

Yea that wasnt the best lookin play in the world. But hey its a guy who didnt really know much(not being a starter and all) and things like that are going to happen anyway. It happened with Driver a couple times this year. Other than that one hickup I think for the most part our recievers looked like they were playing inspired.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After that interview I think he is done now. But you know, it would be cool seeing someone new in that as QB for us. But i'll never forgot #4, and would love for him to comeback always. I'd want Rodgers to start if Favre retires, don't feel to confident with Ingle.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: Ingle?? Yea not quite yet ;) I dont think theres any doubt that it would be Rodgers. Im not a big Martin fan. Thats just cuz of his first name ;) Just kiddin. sorry been a long night--new years lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Does anyone have video of the interview, I gotta see it again....

Yeah. I'm not doing the editing til tomorrow. Err later today. I engaged in a seven hour monopoly battle with the ten year old an her mom tonight.

Reaction score
God, I'm getting misty eyed just watching it again.....

Every time I see it I think more and more he's gonna retire.....

You have to admit though, that comment about "way to put me on the smith" followed by a chuckle was vintage Brett, always the joker...

Oh boy, this is heart wrenching stuff....

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Oh boy, this is heart wrenching stuff....

It was last year as well.

Personally, I took comfort in him saying he didn't want to be sitting home and come week 3/4/5/6/7 be thinking he could still be playing. I took that to mean he wouldn't know how much more he had left until he came back.

This year, the interview just deflated me completely.....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Regarding Brett saying he would announce his status "soon" is this.

He said last season if he had to make a choice right away after the season, he would have retired. It was the time he was able to take that he choice to play the upcoming season.

Reaction score
When he says "this game is gonna make it tougher", I have to think he is ready to hang it up.

He talks about still being able to play and having the confidence in himself to be able to play, and I think that is the only thing that is keeping a rapidly closing window of returning open...

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

Jesus give the man some credit. We were playing the BEARS for god sakes. One of if not the best defense in all of football and we shreaded them on every drive almost. Remember? Same bears who shut us out in week one.

This was a quality win for us. Its pretty debateable whether of not Griese is better or worse than Grossman so i dont want to hear about how they pulled their starters. We stomped them out, perfect way to go out by stomping the Bears if that was your last game Brett. Thanks for the memories.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he's having surgery tomorrow. If he was going to retire, why not wait? What would be the hurry?

Sometimes they want to do surgery quickly before too much scar tissue or healing occurs. And he may just want to get it over with, hard to work on the farm or hunt with a bad ankle.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:

Jesus give the man some credit. We were playing the BEARS for god sakes. One of if not the best defense in all of football and we shreaded them on every drive almost. Remember? Same bears who shut us out in week one.

This was a quality win for us. Its pretty debateable whether of not Griese is better or worse than Grossman so i dont want to hear about how they pulled their starters. We stomped them out, perfect way to go out by stomping the Bears if that was your last game Brett. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah...

I don't know why some people want to pick apart every little thing about this guy....

I think it's a miracle he got them to 8-8 this year!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Favre debate begins nationally...............
Skip Clueless: Favre and Roger Clemens are the biggest Divas in sports.
Colon Coward: He's sick of playing in cold weather and wil retire only to return in a year with a warm weather team.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These guys are morons..

It's apparent that Skip Ball-less and the other guy never played the game...They were probably always picked last in gym class and had their underwear band ripped over their heads and hung on a hook in their school gym lockers..

Don't listen to them. They're idiots..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts