Favre Interview at end of the game.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
These guys are morons..

It's apparent that Skip Ball-less and the other guy never played the game...They were probably always picked last in gym class and had their underwear band ripped over their heads and hung on a hook in their school gym lockers..

Don't listen to them. They're idiots..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9053

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
These guys are morons..

It's apparent that Skip Ball-less and the other guy never played the game...They were probably always picked last in gym class and had their underwear band ripped over their heads and hung on a hook in their school gym lockers..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9053
Yikes! I actually feel sorry for the guy now.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
These guys are morons..

The one redeeming quality about cowturd is that he at least admits hes an idiot.

Skip is just...well someone I can't stand listening to...The fact that Clemmons and Favre are more diva to him than guys like TO tells us all we need to know about Skip.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly IMO think Brett will be back, it was an emotional interview at the end of the game made me think twice about if he would return or not...but after thinking and reading somethings I do believe he will be back unless his surgery goes poorly, but what I understand its a very routine surgery so he should be okay...why would he give up now?? You could tell he loves the game so much, he would very much miss football if he retires, and he knows once he makes up his mind up to retire there is no looking back..I say he comes back,,,

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should also consider the emotional state and circumstances under which Favre came into this game. He hadnt thrown a TD pass for three games, his QB rating was one of the lowest of his career, he'd begun questioning his own capabilities, the media had begun the 'is Favre retiring story" in earnest, the game had been shifted not just because of possible playoff implications but also because this could possibly be his last. Guys like Martin, Franks etc who he'd been struggling with for most of the season suddenly came good in this game.

I think there are a number of reasons there to get emotional and teary eyed. I think he entered the game thinking it was going to be his last. Now hopefully with some time to reflect maybe he'll change his mind. Let's not forget that last year it came down to something Phil Simms said on the radio that he happened to hear!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deion Sanders brought up a good point. Before you stop reading this post because of that hear him out.

“He said on NFL Game day that the tears mean just the opposite of saying goodbye. It means he was in the heat of the moment because He was very happy to see how much every teammate on that team cares about him. They took pictures. Carried him off the field. Everyone was hugging. He was also happy to see he was still very capable of playing at a high level.”

Not the exact word for word but that's what he got through.

In away I want to agree with him but I don't want to get my hopes up either. I will say that I think Favre started to doubt himself the last two games. He didn't play very well and was in a slump. I’m not criticizing him. I’m just telling you what I saw and heard in press conferences after two wins. Maybe and I'm just throwing this out there. Favre started to doubt himself for the 1st time in his career. Then after last night where he played great. Not possessed maybe (That was Oakland game Monday Night) but he was definitely great. Maybe realizing he can still play great and that this team still loves him like a brother brought him to tears.

Who knows? Either way he's been one of the best players to watch and he 's right up there with Reggie White and Jerry Rice for me.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
These guys are morons..

Good stuff Maynard. :rotflmao:

They probably got a little :whippin: in the showers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:
For me the thing that makes me think that he won't come back was the way he played tonight. He played like a man possessed and one who really wanted to beat his most hated rival in a venue he's owned over the years.

He played like a man possessed? C'mon. He played a good game, but made some poor throws an underthrew his WR on several occasions.

Jesus give the man some credit. We were playing the BEARS for god sakes. One of if not the best defense in all of football and we shreaded them on every drive almost. Remember? Same bears who shut us out in week one.

This was a quality win for us. Its pretty debateable whether of not Griese is better or worse than Grossman so i dont want to hear about how they pulled their starters. We stomped them out, perfect way to go out by stomping the Bears if that was your last game Brett. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah...

I don't know why some people want to pick apart every little thing about this guy....

I think it's a miracle he got them to 8-8 this year!

I know a stellar QB performance when I see one. Brett played a good game. He did not play lights out football. It's not a knock on Brett one bit. Get the stick out of your ***, your everyone against Brett mentality is old and no one cares for it.

He was 50% passing. 21 of 42 for just under 300 yards, one TD and one INT. The INT was not his fault. Martin stopped his route and wasn't supposed to.

That's not lights out, that's a good football game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who knows? Either way he's been one of the best players to watch and he 's right up there with Reggie White and Jerry Rice for me.

I put Barry Sanders up there too and have to agree.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well if he retires i really would hope we get gonzalez cause it would really be a boost and a big help for mr rodgers

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To see the way Favre almost broke out in tears at the end of the game really makes me think that he wont be back next year.

PLEASE COME BACK BRETT!

what are your guys thoughts?

I think it depends on if Ted Thompson makes the right moves in the off season. Especially getting Favre some weapons to throw to and a veteran center.

The Packers have some decent talent in place and it is up to Ted Thompson to make the right moves if he is capable. With the right moves the Packers could be a solid playoff contender in 2007.

BTW, the Packers have a tougher schedule in 2007.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
flapackfan said:
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:
For me the thing that makes me think that he won't come back was the way he played tonight. He played like a man possessed and one who really wanted to beat his most hated rival in a venue he's owned over the years.

He played like a man possessed? C'mon. He played a good game, but made some poor throws an underthrew his WR on several occasions.

Jesus give the man some credit. We were playing the BEARS for god sakes. One of if not the best defense in all of football and we shreaded them on every drive almost. Remember? Same bears who shut us out in week one.

This was a quality win for us. Its pretty debateable whether of not Griese is better or worse than Grossman so i dont want to hear about how they pulled their starters. We stomped them out, perfect way to go out by stomping the Bears if that was your last game Brett. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah...

I don't know why some people want to pick apart every little thing about this guy....

I know a stellar QB performance when I see one. Brett played a good game. He did not play lights out football. It's not a knock on Brett one bit. Get the stick out of your ***, your everyone against Brett mentality is old and no one cares for it.

He was 50% passing. 21 of 42 for just under 300 yards, one TD and one INT. The INT was not his fault. Martin stopped his route and wasn't supposed to.

Yeah. Because we all know that the passing game only depends on the QB to be successful.

The WR's catching balls, running good routes, not stopping on routes, and having good timing with the QB has nothing to do with it I guess...? :thumbsup:

The QB position is dependent upon so many other players playing a good game, having talent, etc.etc..etc...that I just don't see how you can just separate the two and put it all on the QB....

But that's just my opinion, i guess...not based on any kind football logic or reality or anything...

:roll:

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lemme ask you guys ... considering franks is pretty much finished ... and lets say we do sign gonzalez ... would you keep franks as a second blocking TE for run plays with gonzalez on the other side ... would be a good blocking TE on both sides ...?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66 said:
flapackfan said:
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:

Yeah...

Yeah. Because we all know that the passing game only depends on the QB to be successful.

The WR's catching balls, running good routes, not stopping on routes, and having good timing with the QB has nothing to do with it I guess...? :thumbsup:

The QB position is dependent upon so many other players playing a good game, having talent, etc.etc..etc...that I just don't see how you can just separate the two and put it all on the QB....

But that's just my opinion, i guess...not based on any kind football logic or reality or anything...

:roll:

Do you even read my posts when you quote an attempt to berate them? I specifically said the INT was the WR fault.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Happy New Year Zero...

(Have another drink on me..I'll mail you a check...or we can use PayPal......the Pack won..)

:cheerleader:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sign tony gonzalez and a WR and i think he will be back.........if not, there is no way to know

I'll say this right now. Tony G will only come here if Favre is coming back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly IMO think Brett will be back, it was an emotional interview at the end of the game made me think twice about if he would return or not...but after thinking and reading somethings I do believe he will be back unless his surgery goes poorly, but what I understand its a very routine surgery so he should be okay...why would he give up now?? You could tell he loves the game so much, he would very much miss football if he retires, and he knows once he makes up his mind up to retire there is no looking back..I say he comes back,,,

I'm thinking the same thing. He loves the game too much to quit. I think we all know he still has it. When he no longer has it - the ability to make those tight throws and the ability to shake off that first would be sacker, then he'll hang it up. I say at least one more year, more likely two.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

I'm thinking the same thing. He loves the game too much to quit. I think we all know he still has it. When he no longer has it - the ability to make those tight throws and the ability to shake off that first would be sacker, then he'll hang it up. I say at least one more year, more likely two.

Wait a minute..

I thought he was a "gunslinger who was losing his accuracy and his arm strength"...???

(Now where did I hear that..?)

Oh yeah.....Wasn't that the common thinking around here not too long ago...? :wink:

(Just goes to show..you never can tell. Lots of factors involved...)

Members online

Latest posts