Favre Better than ever!

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Favre better than ever? This season is the best season he has ever had. Look at the passer rating if you dont think so. I hate to say it, but it might just be his best year .. superbowl 96 wasn't all favre if that's your argument. We had an amazing team.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's absolutely his best statistical year ever. It'd be foolish to suggest otherwise. 33 TDs, 7 picks, insane.

Favre's play is just another example of this being the best season of quarterback play maybe ever. Look at Rodgers. 30 TD, 7 picks, 11-5 team. That's an MVP 9 times out of 10. He won't get a single vote. Between Favre, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and Rodgers, this has been the best year for quarterback play that i've seen in my 20 years of being alive.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
It's absolutely his best statistical year ever. It'd be foolish to suggest otherwise. 33 TDs, 7 picks, insane.

Favre's play is just another example of this being the best season of quarterback play maybe ever. Look at Rodgers. 30 TD, 7 picks, 11-5 team. That's an MVP 9 times out of 10. He won't get a single vote. Between Favre, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and Rodgers, this has been the best year for quarterback play that i've seen in my 20 years of being alive.

Don't be too surprised if the "MVP field" broadens in the upcoming seasons ...

Through out the past decade the "trend" has been that each year the passing statistics getting better and better ... as it has progressed into "passer friendly" league more than ever ... - Something that generates revenue alot more than just "pounding the ball up the middle" heh ...

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely a brilliant year for him so far.

I was thinking the same thing too, right now there are more teams with succesful quarterbacks than not. Even if you leave out the big names you mentioned, you still have Ryan, Schaub, Stafford, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Warner, Hasselbeck. Not everyone of them is a superstar, but if you think about building an NFL team from scratch, you can go with any of these names and not be disappointed. I don't know if it's a direct consequence of rule changes, but the league is really becoming QB friendly.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Maybe if he had decided back 10 years ago to play like this, instead of BrINTt Farve he could have won a couple more SBs, instead of running to the Vikings to try and polish his career off with one. Ironic isn't it.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Maybe if he had decided back 10 years ago to play like this, instead of BrINTt Farve he could have won a couple more SBs, instead of running to the Vikings to try and polish his career off with one. Ironic isn't it.

Please ...

Don't start the "What if" discussion now ...

Because *what if* the Packers had actually played a little better against the Giants in 2007 ? - What if Harris didn't get burnt all night by Buress ? - What if Ryan Grant could actually have run some ? What if the Packers had actually run blocked a little better in that game ?

Again, you totally seem to lose sight of the issue at hand, totally blinded by your (hatred and) disdain for a certain player ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Classic - I knew the hate would spew forth.:happy0005:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please ...

Because *what if* the Packers had actually played a little better against the Giants in 2007 ? - What if Harris didn't get burnt all night by Buress ? - What if Ryan Grant could actually have run some ? What if the Packers had actually run blocked a little better in that game ?

Again, you totally seem to lose sight of the issue at hand, totally blinded by your (hatred and) disdain for a certain player ...

You forgot one - What "if" Bush simply falls on the muffed punt by the Giants' returner late in the game, instead of trying to be the hero and picking it up and running with it - completely "whiffing" on the ball.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, men, time to strap on a set (for those that don't pack 'em) and make the call if you believe Favre wins the MVP. Whether he's named CO-MVP or wins it outright is immaterial in this topic - he simply needs to be named.

I am all in - Brett Favre's name will be on the MVP for the 2009 season.

Anybody else have the stones to put yer so-called "reps" on the line???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please ...

Yes the entire team SUCKED 90% of the game..but when they needed Brett the most he FAILED

You are going to sit there and honestly say that the Brett playing NOW is the same type of player he was in GB for his last 5-10 years?

If your saying that, then you arent as unbiased as I thought

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the entire team SUCKED 90% of the game..but when they needed Brett the most he FAILED

You are going to sit there and honestly say that the Brett playing NOW is the same type of player he was in GB for his last 5-10 years?

Same player, dude. Just better talent around him and a coaching staff more focused on winning than doing it a certain way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt think he deserved in it 07 with the 2 horrible games he had (Washington and Philly)

I dont see Brett winning MVP this year for different reasons.....Could he win it? ABSOLUTELY!!

Brett had 2 games down the stretch that he played below average in and I think it cost him.

I think Manning has a better shot just because Mannings team LOST when he was not in there..They were undefeated before he was taken out and they proceeded to look like crap with him gone..

The Vikings didnt have that opportunity to see what the team would be with out Brett

But thats just my thoughts

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same player, dude. Just better talent around him and a coaching staff more focused on winning than doing it a certain way.

Then it isnt the same player...Same PERSON, but for what ever reason those skills we see now, were not seen in his last years in GB

I am going to go out on a limb and say this year was probably better than any year in GB

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
I dont see Brett winning MVP this year for different reasons.....Could he win it? ABSOLUTELY!!

This is you being your usual, risk-averse, self. How many ****ing ways do you want it, sonny???

Jesus H. you-know-what! Get a set of balls and make a call either way for God's sakes!!!:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You forgot one - What "if" Bush simply falls on the muffed punt by the Giants' returner late in the game, instead of trying to be the hero and picking it up and running with it - completely "whiffing" on the ball.

Love how you find all those other reasons other than admitting Brett tossing an int was a HUGE issue

You forget the 1st int Brett tossed???

Grant stripped the ball from the defender then Tauch recovered it..If not for Grant the game might not have ever got to over time ( hows that for a what if?)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then it isnt the same player...Same PERSON, but for what ever reason those skills we see now, were not seen in his last years in GB

I've read it all. Brett Favre is now, no longer the same person because he's putting up better numbers than he did when he was with our beloved Green Bay Packers. Well Holy ****ing Homers, Batman!?!?!?!

Has Brett been victimized by the Body Snatchers??? Has somebody implanted another QB's identity into Favre's skull??? Were they the same people that sold Jack his Beanstalk Beans???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is you being your usual, risk-averse, self. How many ****ing ways do you want it, sonny???

Jesus H. you-know-what! Get a set of balls and make a call either way for God's sakes!!!:happy0005:

Look ***...I dont make a prediction on things like this because I do not have an actual vote...I am giving my OPINION on is I did have a vote and why I would vote one way...

I dont think he will win it, or I dont think he should win it...

I said Manning should win it..

If I and others went out on a limb and said he WONT win it and he does, that will give you your opening to make a post slamming everyone that said different

Nice try with the bait though give you that much..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've read it all. Brett Favre is now, no longer the same person because he's putting up better numbers than he did when he was with our beloved Green Bay Packers. Well Holy ****ing Homers, Batman!?!?!?!

Has Brett been victimized by the Body Snatchers??? Has somebody implanted another QB's identity into Favre's skull??? Were they the same people that sold Jack his Beanstalk Beans???

Again CONTEXT of my post read it, and comprehend them

He is having the best season ever if you ask me, and I think its better than any season he had in GB

But you have to go to a stupid *** level and dismiss my opinions

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

Same type of player - Absolutely !

Same type of game play - Nope, not at all, atleast it doesn't look that way ... - Yet most of the posters here (You included when you play your "Advocate Game" ... lol) seems to insistently say that time and again ...

Alot of credit has to go to the Vikings for assembling such a team, where he was a (seemingly) perfect fit, I'll say that much.

But I also think (a healthy Favre) he has showed last season what he also brings to the table in terms of overall player improvement when playing on an entirely different team and with a totally new offensive system ...

Minnesota is a West Coast offense (again), and it shows that it is a system Favre knows extremely well ...

All those are contributing factors, but if we are going to hypothesize on the Favre playing 5-10 years ago compared to today, we can't really do that without also regarding the "what if's" ...

I'll say this much though ... - I have no doubt that Favre could have won more Super Bowls with the Packers, if the management had been perhaps more aggressive on the FA market and not only on the drafting ...

This season should be "proof" enough of that ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Lord - my head is spinning. I need to get a way for a few .... :)

Good maybe when you take your break get some BALLS your self and finally dig up the proof to support the claims you made that Bretts poor Dec games were from the D rankings he faced and not the cold

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same type of player - Absolutely !

Same type of game play - Nope, not at all, atleast it doesn't look that way ... - Yet most of the posters here (You included when you play your "Advocate Game" ... lol) seems to insistently say that time and again ...

Alot of credit has to go to the Vikings for assembling such a team, where he was a (seemingly) perfect fit, I'll say that much.

But I also think (a healthy Favre) he has showed last season what he also brings to the table in terms of overall player improvement when playing on an entirely different team and with a totally new offensive system ...

Minnesota is a West Coast offense (again), and it shows that it is a system Favre knows extremely well ...

All those are contributing factors, but if we are going to hypothesize on the Favre playing 5-10 years ago compared to today, we can't really do that without also regarding the "what if's" ...

I'll say this much though ... - I have no doubt that Favre could have won more Super Bowls with the Packers, if the management had been perhaps more aggressive on the FA market and not only on the drafting ...

This season should be "proof" enough of that ...

Okay let me make this a little more clear?

I have watched every Viking game that was on in my area..And if they played during the Packers I dvr'd it..

What I saw was a player that was not trying to take risks...I saw very little passes trying to force it in to triple coverage..So a player that tried was trying to be careful with the ball..The times i knwo off hand when he acted that way was the Ariz game and I think it showed..

that is what i am referring too..

If that doesnt make it more clear then you need to take of the hate glasses :0

Members online

Latest posts