Favre Better than ever!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, let's say Favre sucks in December, which we now know is not the case. Now what? How did Minnesota manage to overcome Favre's inherent nature to suddenly suck in December by advancing to the NFCCG ? Was it luck of scheduling? Did Chilly pull the reigns back on Favre? Did All Day carry the load???

I'm not real sure what else to present to you in terms of making my case.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, let's say Favre sucks in December, which we now know is not the case. Now what? How did Minnesota manage to overcome Favre's inherent nature to suddenly suck in December by advancing to the NFCCG ? Was it luck of scheduling? Did Chilly pull the reigns back on Favre? Did All Day carry the load???

I'm not real sure what else to present to you in terms of making my case.
Prior to this year (from 2005-2008, Favre DID suck in December. (12 tds and 30 ints)

This year I think he is more focused. He is a man on a mission.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Since halftime of the Bears game, Bretts numbers look like this.

87 attempts 61 completions for 70.9%, 840 yards, 9.8 YPA, 10 TD's, 0 INT's 140.65 rating.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Prior to this year (from 2005-2008, Favre DID suck in December. (12 tds and 30 ints)

This year I think he is more focused. He is a man on a mission.

LOL no he didnt, it was the defenses they faced for his bad numbers

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
LOL no he didnt, it was the defenses they faced for his bad numbers

LTF - The guy's numbers in the last 5 games of each of the last 4 years are dreadful. I have no idea who they played without looking it up but I am guessing it wasn't the 1966 Packers, 1975 Steelers and 2000 Ravens. You may have a point but the swoon the stats indicate are hard to dismiss by claiming they were all against great D's. That would be rather coincidental that for 4 seasons he went up against nothing but great D's in December/January wouldn't it?

I think it had more to do with cold weather than anything. He's had none of that this season. Except in Chicago, where he was awful in the first half. He played well in the second half, but that doesn't change what he did in the first half against a very bad Chicago team and particularly depleted defense (they had their top 4 DBs out for crying out loud).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LTF - The guy's numbers in the last 5 games of each of the last 4 years are dreadful. I have no idea who they played without looking it up but I am guessing it wasn't the 1966 Packers, 1975 Steelers and 2000 Ravens. You may have a point but the swoon the stats indicate are hard to dismiss by claiming they were all against great D's. That would be rather coincidental that for 4 seasons he went up against nothing but great D's in December/January wouldn't it?

I think it had more to do with cold weather than anything. He's had none of that this season. Except in Chicago, where he was awful in the first half. He played well in the second half, but that doesn't change what he did in the first half against a very bad Chicago team and particularly depleted defense (they had their top 4 DBs out for crying out loud).

sorry that was me being sarcastic..

Haus claims it was the defense Brett played that made him have the poor December numbers

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Sorry - I am still trying to figure out who is who here... I didn't notice the sarcasm alert!!

I am still trying to reconcile how a "Packer fan" is cheering for the Vikings... That is a mind blower... Sort of like saying, "well, my wife and I just got divorced so I decided to date men until she dumps her new boyfriend..." Makes no sense to me, but to each their own I guess...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously BF did great this December. Not saying he couldn't do great again in December if he decides to play again next season.As of last five years, the BF stats being talked about right after the halftime of the 2nd Bears game would be considered an aberration.

Latest posts