1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Favorite Packer

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wizard 87, Sep 18, 2009.

1. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    This is a 2 part question.

Who is your favorite player on this Packer team and why.
    For me it is Woodson ever since he has came he has been a big impact player and at his age he is playing at a very high level.

Part 2 who is your favorite Packer of old and why.

I like a big man on offense his name is Paul Coffman...he was unstoppable at times.

2. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    My favorite packer on the team right now is Greg Jennings because he is on my fantasy team and helps me win.

My favorite packer of old is "he who must not be named"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +248
    Aaron Rodgers now and Bart Starr of old. Now that Faver has thrown away his Packers' legacy, we go back to Bart as our all-time epitome player of the Packers.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Now: tie between Jennings and Woodson. AK-74 and Rodgers come close.

Before, that I saw: Reggie White (was a tie with Brett Favre, now it's not anymore...)

Before, that I didn't see: Paul Hornung, Golden Boy.

5. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    a lot of people dont like him but i love him. al harris

6. paco

paco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    tough question.
    Current Packer - Donald Driver because he made a special effort to see my disabled nephew when he was in the hospital. He wasn't allowed any visitors where he was at the time. But my sisters inlaws and Donald tried to sneak around the hospital staff to see him. That defines awesomeness!

Old Packer - Hard to say, I've loved so many. But today I'll say Tim Harris. When I was a little kid and knew nothing about football, he's the guy I cheered for because I meant him and got his autograph.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Now? I love um all... but My man Al Harris wins out. Driver a close second.

Old? Reggie White gets some lovin.

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Jennings atm just becuase he is amazing.

Favre :D he lead us to 1 superbowl win and although he plays for the vikings I still respect the guy kind of

9. GreenBayCracker

GreenBayCracker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Greg Jennings right now for sure, favorite player in the league as well.

As for the past, I will wait until a certain someone retires 3 more times before I mention their name in this thread.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    HAHAHA lol

11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,060
    Present: Aaron Kampmann. Iowa farmboy...work ethic is HUGE and his heart is almost as big. The guy, without complaint moves from a position where he's a Pro-Bowler to a position that could arguably effect his career and paycheck without one word of complaint - the press has speculated that he wasn't too happy...but, they're the press.

Past: Nitschke or DT Mike McCoy. Both were just superior people, Ray later on in life (after Jackie helped break the stallion) and McCoy because I got to know the man - married to my family priest's niece and gave game tickets to a kid whose family really couldn't afford such luxury items often...Bear game tix no less.

12. AzPackerfan

AzPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I couldn't agree with your picks more. This team needs it's unstoppable Coffman, and the only thing keeping us close is our very talented Woodson.

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Charles Woodson. Game after Game, the dude just makes plays and lays the wood. Out with the Old (Favre Jersey) in with the new (Woodson Jersey).

Favorite Packer of Old. Bart Starr with .900 winning percentage in the playoffs. Can't say enough about winning 90% of your playoff games. Beat Dallas in the Ice Bowl. It's not like I know any players from back then so I can only go by their mystique and record. Guess his only detraction is he was not successful as a head coach.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I reeeeeeeeally Love DD.

Old packer? Don Hutson because he doesnt get the national love and its easy to see what fan knows his or her stuff when you bring his name up. Also Reggie. Loved Reggie.

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I have more than one current favorite Packer: At the top of the list, a toss up: Matthews and Rodgers, then comes Woodson, Starks (I'm a big proponent of him), and DD. Chillar and Barnett are technically no longer Packers but I felt I should give them a mention for I loved them in their time.

Tramon is going to make it onto my list sometime this season, I'm sure of it.

My favorite Packer of all time, in case you couldn't already guess from my siggy line, is Reggie White.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Rodgers will be my fav when DD retires. Mostly bc of his sense of humor and the facial hair.

17. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    My current favorite is a tie between Driver and Rodgers.

My all-time favorite is Nitschke.

18. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Current is Mr. Woodson because he is pure class for an aging and always uber talented player who never let it be about him. DD is a close second. The young guys will get my vote later.
    Past is Chuck Cecil. There have been a zillion former Packers that I've loved to watch over the years, but when the Packers weren't always competitive, they were tough and Chuck was the billboard for that toughness.

19. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Rodgers - The guy came into one of the most controversial issues, kept his mouth shut and let his work do the talking. Sure he made snide remarks but nothing too arrogant exempt his taunt. Had a sense of humor when he was on the bench getting into captain photos and his facial hair, (Last years mutton chops worked btw). And I like how he handles himself.

Of past would be Johnny Blood, such a character, glad that the 1929 uniform picture features him.

20. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    NOW: Woodson, He's a class act on and off the field. So glad to have him on our team! Plus...dude is a ballhawk!

Then: #92 Reggie White. Another one of those players that made you proud, that they were on your team! Another emotional and spiritual leader. rip 92

BACK in the day: 66 Ray Nitschke..... That dude could play today no problem!

my favorite packer t-shirt says: Nitschke never wore an earring..lol

21. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    Current Raji or Nelson, I feel like Raji never gets the credit he deserves for being the every down anchor on the D-line. Nelson not really sure why just always liked him seemed like a tough worker and a good guy.

Jennings has jumped up a lot on my list as well (always liked him but never a favorite) after my cousin worked with him on royal pains, she said he was such a down to earth and cool guy always happy and very well spoken. He signed autographs for everyone who asked and never complained. My family who are all huge vikings fans all like him now as well.

Past probably Antonio Freeman, after watching that catch against the Vikings as a kid I always loved to watch him.

22. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    My favorite player on the Packers today? That's a very tough question. Donald Driver was always my favorite behind he-who-must-not-be-named until that horrific event unfolded. Who can't love Donald? I'm sure even some Viking and Bear fans secretly admire him! I love Jennings too.. He's a great football player and even better person... He was one of my favorites since week one of his rookie year. I still remember his first touchdown catch and knew he would be a great descendant of Driver..Who can't love the play making ability of Woodson? His charitable work shows his true character and his work ethic to try to get a Super Bowl ring is like no other. Aaron Rodgers used to be a guy I thought wouldn't succeed in the NFL.. I think everyone can say the first couple years were not promising, yet despite what everyone thought of him, he strived to become the starting quarterback. I love the way Rodgers plays and the way he keeps plays alive... kinda like you know who.. he's another one of those classy guys that is fully content with his private life... I just loved how he handled the situation with Bert.

My Favorite old player would have to be Bart Starr... He was always a bit underrated in the modern era and he was such a classy guy. (I love classy guys)

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Matt Flynn sees his favorite player every time he looks in the mirror.

The dos equis guy considered himself the most interesting man in the world. Then he met matt Flynn.

• Like Like x 2
  24. MadtownEric

MadtownEric Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Current - BJ Raji...love the big fellas dance.

Past - LeRoy Butler

25. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    Now- Clay Matthews...cause he's Clay Matthews.

Old- Chuck Cecil...cause he knocked the crap out of people.