2023 53 Man Roster Speculation...

Reaction score
The key here is the word "good." I don't think he is. It's not the money I'm concerned about. Going against starters he is a liability imho.
Yeah he’s been up n down some. I’m going off my gut though and we just put a 2nd Round Tender on him and paid him $4.3 guaranteed $$ about 4 months ago. That doesn’t speak to me as someone our Staff is disappointed.
However sure if they think he’s become a liability since then maybe who knows and I’ll admit anything goes I’ve had crazier ideas that happened afterwards (I once married a Girl from NY and I can’t even stand the NY accent!)
Curious. Is there something Yosh did or didn’t do in camp or PS that made you question him? because I haven’t been focused on him at all

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious. Is there something Yosh did or didn’t do in camp or PS that made you question him? because I haven’t been focused on him at all
No. Just my overall opinion of him. Didn't he start for us in those playoff games we lost? We did not give Rodgers time. Never been a fan. I think you are wrong about the money being guaranteed.

Reaction score
No. Just my overall opinion of him. Didn't he start for us in those playoff games we lost? We did not give Rodgers time. Never been a fan. I think you are wrong about the money being guaranteed.
I read that on ACME Packing but yeah you’re right it’s not guaranteed. In any event they still tendered him for $4mil so I’m not sure why they’d protect him with a 2nd Round tender if he’s so bad? He did play in 8 contests in 2021 (53%) but I didn’t see him as being that bad? It was his first season on the field (outside ST) so either way he would’ve been pretty raw in 2021

You just don’t like him which is fine, but you don’t find cheap Swing Tackles under $4mil growing on bushes like wild Raspberries.
I haven’t seen compelling evidence so I’m ruling in favor of Yosh. :pInnocent until proven otherwise! Go Yosh go Go Yosh go!
I mean.. stay Yosh Stay? Stay Yosh Stay!

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To something on topic of our Roster players?

How about something like

“Far Too Early 53 Man Roster Speculation… MINUS Yosh Nijman”
I was referring to the 'far too early' part, since cuts are today, but whatever floats your boat. :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My stab at next Tuesday night's roster.

Offense - 24

QB (2) - Love and Clifford.

RB (3) - Jones / Dillon/Taylor ... Taylor takes Davis' ST role
Tyler Goodson to IR. He's tweeted his shoulder could be a season long rehab.

TE (3) - Musgrave / Kraft / Deguara I believe they roll with three to start. Use an OL or WR to fill the hole. Maybe get some position use out of the long snapper.

WR (7) - Watson / Doubs / Reed / Wicks / Heath / Toure / DuBose

OL (9) - Bakh / Jenkins / Myers / Runyan / Tom / Walker / Rhyan / Jones..moving on from Yosh. $4m to your 4th tackle is a bit pricey. Paycut, trade, or just release. No paycut? then Newman gets 9th spot.

Defense - 26

DL (6) - Clark / Wyatt / Slaton / Wooden / Brooks / Ford.

LBs (10) - Walker / Campbell / McDuffie / P Smith / Gary / Enagbare / Van Ness / Hollins / Wilson / Carpenter .... I think they roll the dice on getting Cox to the PS if a trade for Hollins / Carpenter does not develop

CB (6) - Alexander / Douglas / Nixon / Valentine / Thomas / Gaines

S (4) - Savage / Ford / Moore/ Johnson Jr .. Moore then gets IR'd so he can return in a few weeks and Levitt comes back Wednesday. No seeing Simone Biles-Owens wandering through Target this season.

ST - 3
K - Anders
P - Whelan saves a million on cap to pay Gary next year.
LS - Orzech

Stokes on PUP
Close on the defense. Swap Moore for Owens -- coin toss to me. Swap Leavitt (I had cut for the IR game anyway) and Cox in for Gaines and Thomas. They used Orzech instead for the IR thing.
Right numbers on RB, just wrong one.