Fackrell the NEXT Aaron Kampman

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I share your optimism, but I think he's just been the best of a rotten bunch this year. Need to see some semblance of consistency out of him first.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

Anyone who is hyping any of our players not named Devante Adams hasn't been watching this team this season. Fackrell is hardly a building block.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
He is best of the worst on this defensive crew this season. Hope he can build on this season and isnt just making a run to get a lump of money and go missing like Nick Perry.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 10 and half sacks as a olb he is suppose to rush the qb and fat Aaron Donald has 19 1/2 as a dt he would be a serviceable back up but if he is our best starting lb...he had multiple sack games against the bills and dolphins... sawwwwwweeeeeeettttttt! His best game was against Seattle and even then Seattle’s line sucks...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampmann had an unparalleled work ethic and was a relatively late bloomer. I see the similarity, I don't know how well Fakrell is in the workout room or with tape but he's shown enough that we should keep Fakrell around.

Reaction score
I think he’s somewhere in between. He’s better than a ST player, but he’s a solid 3rd OLB for a rotation.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fackrell is probably the worst player to ever reach double digit sacks in a season for the Packers. I don't expect him to get anywhere close to that number next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Time to give Fackrell a 6 year, $141,000,000 contract, including a $34,000,000 signing bonus, $90,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000.

*nudges Kyler....hey dude....wake up, you were dreaming.....*

All kidding aside, at least Fackrell has another year on his rookie contract to see just how "legit" he is. Personally, I don't think he is much more than a rotational backup. I hope I am wrong.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to give Fackrell a 6 year, $141,000,000 contract, including a $34,000,000 signing bonus, $90,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000.

*nudges Kyler....hey dude....wake up, you were dreaming.....*

All kidding aside, at least Fackrell has another year on his rookie contract to see just how "legit" he is. Personally, I don't think he is much more than a rotational backup. I hope I am wrong.
Have you forgotten that Ted Thompson is gone?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 10 and half sacks as a olb he is suppose to rush the qb and fat Aaron Donald has 19 1/2 as a dt he would be a serviceable back up but if he is our best starting lb...he had multiple sack games against the bills and dolphins... sawwwwwweeeeeeettttttt! His best game was against Seattle and even then Seattle’s line sucks...

First OLBs and DEs tend to get their sacks in bunches, which then forces opposing OCs to roll more protection towards them and so they get quiet for a bit before exploding again. Fackrell had a good year, if we had another OLB like him we'd be more than fine at the position. Is he an All Pro, probably not. But his emergence does give us some flexibility moving forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First OLBs and DEs tend to get their sacks in bunches, which then forces opposing OCs to roll more protection towards them and so they get quiet for a bit before exploding again. Fackrell had a good year, if we had another OLB like him we'd be more than fine at the position. Is he an All Pro, probably not. But his emergence does give us some flexibility moving forward.

I agree with some of this, but it’s not much flexibility. We have nobody else. Gilbert disappointed me in a big way this year. Run game, pass coverage he was an extreme liability and barely marginal as a pass rusher.

Fackrell did well in all phases. He’s good to have, but we need better and another 1 just like him and that leaves us still in a situation where nobody can be hurt all year in terms of depth.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Have you forgotten that Ted Thompson is gone?

Careful, TT was the one who drafted Fackrell. If the guy turns into a Hall of Famer, some of us are going to have to back track a bit on our evaluation of TT's last 4 drafts all being busts. :coffee:

His 2016 draft seems to have actually worked out, except the 3 picks for Spriggs fiasco. :coffee: :whistling:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful, TT was the one who drafted Fackrell. If the guy turns into a Hall of Famer, some of us are going to have to back track a bit on our evaluation of TT's last 4 drafts all being busts. :coffee:

His 2016 draft seems to have actually worked out, except the 3 picks for Spriggs fiasco. :coffee: :whistling:

I remember really being excited about Spriggs because he looked like a real LT. Watch him go somewhere else and become a pro bowler.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I remember really being excited about Spriggs because he looked like a real LT. Watch him go somewhere else and become a pro bowler.
I will admit to liking Spriggs as well, although I remember the knocks on him were bad feet and pad level and that he used his size more than technique to overpower smaller (than NFL) guys. That seems to have turned out to be true. I have also never liked giving up multiple picks for one guy. Prefer the odds of hitting on 3 players VS 1.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No.

Anyone who is hyping any of our players not named Devante Adams hasn't been watching this team this season. Fackrell is hardly a building block.

Bakhtiari, Linsley, Jones, Clark, Alexander..

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit to liking Spriggs as well, although I remember the knocks on him were bad feet and pad level and that he used his size more than technique to overpower smaller (than NFL) guys. That seems to have turned out to be true. I have also never liked giving up multiple picks for one guy. Prefer the odds of hitting on 3 players VS 1.
The trade down and collect extra draft picks philosophy has been the strategy of this organization under Teddy's entire career here. It has not worked. Maybe that could change under Gute if he becomes a better GM than Teddy, which should be a slam dunk, but I think we need to change that philosophy. Playing it safe and being afraid of risk is not how you should play it when you have a franchise quarterback. It's time to be aggressive and trade up and get an elite, Hall of Fame type player like Bosa.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The trade down and collect extra draft picks philosophy has been the strategy of this organization under Teddy's entire career here. It has not worked. Maybe that could change under Gute if he becomes a better GM than Teddy, which should be a slam dunk, but I think we need to change that philosophy. Playing it safe and being afraid of risk is not how you should play it when you have a franchise quarterback. It's time to be aggressive and trade up and get an elite, Hall of Fame type player like Bosa.

That can work or backfire as well, I don't think either way is a guaranteed and it all comes down to having good scouts. I have a feeling the whole scouting department is being evaluated right now and some may be losing their jobs as well.

I remember just dropping my jaw at what Atlanta gave up to get Julio Jones, but that seemed to have worked out for them. Not sure I want to see Gute give up that much to move up for Bosa, but hey, might be a career move for him if Bosa is the stud many think he is.

Also, with as many holes as the Packers seem to currently have, I would probably favor the "more is better approach". Now 3-5 years ago, maybe TT should have seen we just needed a few solid players and made Julio Jones like moves in the draft.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Generally speaking sure, however lets be honest you can generally trade down for more picks. We traded up to grab a kind of player who generally isnt available where we found him in Spriggs. We also stayed put and drafted a Tedford Quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. Sometimes you have to take risks on flawed but high upside players.

Truth be told some of his struggles might come from pass blocking for Aaron Rodgers, I wager a lot of NFL OTs would look like crap in our offense.

Members online