Exactly the reason we all Love Brett

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure a few will hate on him, like they've done long before this but Brett just set the record straight.

Was Brett 100% Commited in March, no, but the Packers wanted a decision, so Brett gave it to them based on he felt at the time. He then felt he might want to play again, so he communicated with MM, and was told he was not wanted. Then was told they also wouldn't release him.

Brett shoots just about as straight as anyone I've ever seen, sorry. He admitted he is guilty of Retiring Early and UNDERSTANDS the Pack may have moved on. He, and I, do not get the reason why they don't want him playing elsewhere.

The answer lies in Ted's bullcrap Brass talk. Unless Brett is lying he said he was told he was not wanted. So why is Ted out issuing press releases stating he is welcome back as a backup? From what Brett says he was told they moved on. Ted is truly a snake with his agenda fully set toward damage control. Brett sat down and addressed the situation straight up, while taking some responsibility. The interview was 12 minutes long thus far. In those 12 minutes I found out 100x more than reading numerous hours of statements, press conferences, Q & A sessions etc by Mr. Thompson. Ted's not being truthful here and is trying to straddle a fence, which Brett Favre may just push him off of.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sure some will disagree. You just can't walk away after watching Brett speak and not feel like the record has been set straight.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure a few will hate on him, like they've done long before this but Brett just set the record straight.

Was Brett 100% Commited in March, no, but the Packers wanted a decision, so Brett gave it to them based on he felt at the time. He then felt he might want to play again, so he communicated with MM, and was told he was not wanted. Then was told they also wouldn't release him.

Brett shoots just about as straight as anyone I've ever seen, sorry. He admitted he is guilty of Retiring Early and UNDERSTANDS the Pack may have moved on. He, and I, do not get the reason why they don't want him playing elsewhere.

The answer lies in Ted's bullcrap Brass talk. Unless Brett is lying he said he was told he was not wanted. So why is Ted out issuing press releases stating he is welcome back as a backup? From what Brett says he was told they moved on. Ted is truly a snake with his agenda fully set toward damage control. Brett sat down and addressed the situation straight up, while taking some responsibility. The interview was 12 minutes long thus far. In those 12 minutes I found out 100x more than reading numerous hours of statements, press conferences, Q & A sessions etc by Mr. Thompson. Ted's not be truthful here and is trying to straddle a fence, which Brett Favre may just push him off of.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sure some will disagree. You just can't walk away after watching Brett speak and not feel like the record has been set straight.

The record has been set straight? No. I felt like I heard one side of the story. Of course that one side is all YOU need and care to hear, so what does it matter.

Favre wasn't wanted back?

* March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy decide they would be fine with Favre returning even though Aaron Rodgers is set to begin off-season workouts as the starter, and they inform Favre. "Mike said, ‘Ted and I talked and we said, fine.' But we'd like to come see you, and Brett was kind of excited that we were coming to see him." In preparation to leave for the owners meetings in West Palm Beach, March 30-April 3, they arrange to meet with Favre and wife, Deanna.

* March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg on April 1 to make plans for Favre's return. McCarthy is leaving for evening Mass when Favre calls to inform him he has changed his mind. "We were all set for them, but Brett called back and that he and Deanna had a long talk about it and they were going to stick with their original decision."

Why don't they want him playing elsewhere? Really? You don't understand that? 1. Protecting his legacy(he can easily flip flop...AGAIN and look foolish). 2. Being a threat on another team when they can avoid it(that's the team's decision there). That's just 2 simple reasons why.

Now you'll say "who the hell do the packers think they are 'protecting his legacy.' He's a grown man and can make his own decisions!" Well, other than being a flip flopper, he isn't making a decision.

Why hasn't he demanded a trade or release? He showed in that interview that being a backup wasn't something he is down with. Demand a trade then. Don't do that "aww shucks, i just wanna play but they wont let me" crap. They won't have a choice to do it if you demand a trade. You're Brett Favre and so far have shown you do things that you want to do(retire, unretire, wait until draft weekend to make a decision, and even get a chance to come back in late march, 20 days after you retired and the team has moved on. They did it for YOU, brett. FOR YOU.)

Why hasn't Ted done an interview on fox news or sat down for an interview? He's a GM. He's not a celebrity or player. He's management. He's a dude in a suit(or ugly polo shirt). He works with the door closed in an office. And let me tell you something, right now, behind those doors, things are being talked about. I don't know what they are, but it's moving this thing forward, something Brett didn't do. Brett was the one doing damage control tonight. How many times did he say "I'm guilty of ONE thing"? Limit that damage, Brett.

This was a perfect time for Favre to make a decision, and make it public. "Green Bay has moved on, and that's fine with me. But I want to play, and if it can't be with the Packers, because Ted Thompson is a son of a *****, I Guess I want it to be elsewhere, somewhere where I can actually step foot on a football field. I guess I'm saying I want to be traded. I want to be traded :tears: ."

Not hard. But no, we get fluff. We get "aw shucks, im just a competitive guy who was forced to make a decision too early." because apparently March is too early. Really? Are you kidding me, Brett? C'mon.

Now I predict a simple statement soon, that will say absolutely nothing controversial from the Packers, but in a few days, the ball will be moving bigtime. A trade before the end of the week is my guess.

Straight shooter, my ***. That was selfish manipulative control damage that probably received a standing ovation from Niccolò Machiavelli who's been dead for over 400 years.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The answer lies in Ted's bullcrap Brass talk. Unless Brett is lying he said he was told he was not wanted. So why is Ted out issuing press releases stating he is welcome back as a backup? From what Brett says he was told they moved on. Ted is truly a snake with his agenda fully set toward damage control. Brett sat down and addressed the situation straight up, while taking some responsibility. The interview was 12 minutes long thus far. In those 12 minutes I found out 100x more than reading numerous hours of statements, press conferences, Q & A sessions etc by Mr. Thompson. Ted's not being truthful here and is trying to straddle a fence, which Brett Favre may just push him off of.

Absolutely!!!! Regardless of whatever people say and how they want to twist his words, the record is set straight, right from the mouth of the man himself. TT is doing damage control, trying to play a political game "Sure, we welcome you back Brett", right after he tells Brett they're moving on.

Stop lying TT. You must have known Brett would speak one day and you would be found to be full of shyt. Now take your plane and go visit Brett right now and get the guy back in uniform NOW. Or at least have the decency to release him and let him move on and let the Packers move on.

This CAN NOT go on for 2 months before the season starts. You must do something NOW!!! Look what has transpired in just one week. And training camp has not even started. Save your job TT and listen to me. :p

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

The answer lies in Ted's bullcrap Brass talk. Unless Brett is lying he said he was told he was not wanted. So why is Ted out issuing press releases stating he is welcome back as a backup? From what Brett says he was told they moved on. Ted is truly a snake with his agenda fully set toward damage control. Brett sat down and addressed the situation straight up, while taking some responsibility. The interview was 12 minutes long thus far. In those 12 minutes I found out 100x more than reading numerous hours of statements, press conferences, Q & A sessions etc by Mr. Thompson. Ted's not be truthful here and is trying to straddle a fence, which Brett Favre may just push him off of.

The record has been set straight? No. I felt like I heard one side of the story. Of course that one side is all YOU need and care to hear, so what does it matter.

* March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy decide they would be fine with Favre returning even though Aaron Rodgers is set to begin off-season workouts as the starter, and they inform Favre. "Mike said, ‘Ted and I talked and we said, fine.' But we'd like to come see you, and Brett was kind of excited that we were coming to see him." In preparation to leave for the owners meetings in West Palm Beach, March 30-April 3, they arrange to meet with Favre and wife, Deanna.

* March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg on April 1 to make plans for Favre's return. McCarthy is leaving for evening Mass when Favre calls to inform him he has changed his mind. "We were all set for them, but Brett called back and that he and Deanna had a long talk about it and they were going to stick with their original decision."

Why don't they want him playing elsewhere? Really? You don't understand that? 1. Protecting his legacy(he can easily flip flop...AGAIN and look foolish). 2. Being a threat on another team when they can avoid it(that's the team's decision there). That's just 2 simple reasons why.

Now you'll say "who the hell do the packers think they are 'protecting his legacy.' He's a grown man and can make his own decisions!" Well, other than being a flip flopper, he isn't making a decision.

Why hasn't he demanded a trade or release? He showed in that interview that being a backup wasn't something he is down with. Demand a trade then. Don't do that "aww shucks, i just wanna play but they wont let me" crap. They won't have a choice to do it if you demand a trade. You're Brett Favre and so far have shown you do things that you want to do(retire, unretire, wait until draft weekend to make a decision, and even get a chance to come back in late march, 20 days after you retired and the team has moved on. They did it for YOU, brett. FOR YOU.)

Why hasn't Ted done an interview on fox news or sat down for an interview? He's a GM. He's not a celebrity or player. He's management. He's a dude in a suit(or ugly polo shirt). He works with the door closed in an office. And let me tell you something, right now, behind those doors, things are being talked about. I don't know what they are, but it's moving this thing forward, something Brett didn't do. Brett was the one doing damage control tonight. How many times did he say "I'm guilty of ONE thing"? Limit that damage, Brett.

This was a perfect time for Favre to make a decision, and make it public. "Green Bay has moved on, and that's fine with me. But I want to play, and if it can't be with the Packers, because Ted Thompson is a son of a *****, I Guess I want it to be elsewhere, somewhere where I can actually step foot on a football field. I guess I'm saying I want to be traded. I want to be traded :tears: ."

Not hard. But no, we get fluff. We get "aw shucks, im just a competitive guy who was forced to make a decision too early." because apparently March is too early. Really? Are you kidding me, Brett? C'mon.

Now I predict a simple statement soon, that will say absolutely nothing controversial from the Packers, but in a few days, the ball will be moving bigtime. A trade before the end of the week is my guess.

Straight shooter, my ***. That was selfish manipulative control damage that probably received a standing ovation from Niccolò Machiavelli who's been dead for over 400 years.

Enough with the timelines already. Grow up kid.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I ask this at the risk of seeming like a jerk... but oh well: are you like 15 years old, dd80forever?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

lol. Enough with the facts. How dare I!

Didn't they say something similar to Galileo Galilei before they imprisoned him for stating the earth wasn't the center of the solar system.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
dd80forever said:

Yeah. Enough with any idea that Brett might not be this "straight shooter" people think he is. What in the world were you thinking, Trom?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett said,..."they told me I couldn't come back." And THAT makes it 100% true? Guess I'd like a bit more proof before I accept that at face value.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Ok where do I begin.

Ok so You've only heard one side of the story? Really the where did this come from?

March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy decide they would be fine with Favre returning even though Aaron Rodgers is set to begin off-season workouts as the starter, and they inform Favre. "Mike said, ‘Ted and I talked and we said, fine.' But we'd like to come see you, and Brett was kind of excited that we were coming to see him." In preparation to leave for the owners meetings in West Palm Beach, March 30-April 3, they arrange to meet with Favre and wife, Deanna.

* March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg on April 1 to make plans for Favre's return. McCarthy is leaving for evening Mass when Favre calls to inform him he has changed his mind. "We were all set for them, but Brett called back and that he and Deanna had a long talk about it and they were going to stick with their original decision."[/i]

So, to a logical person, You are saying I only need 1 side of the story, yet you are using this timeline from what side? I guess all you need is NO side of a story to run with, which I knew along time ago.

Protect his legacy, ummm, Brett can do that if he cares to. Ted can't control Brett's legacy but he knows he can control his, and by Trading Brett to a division team and having Brett possibly stomp him twice a year, while A-Rod falls flat on his face scares the Shiiit out of him.

Ummm, I can't understand what you are saying hear. His decisions are included in his legacy, which again is Brett's problem if he cares to be bothered by it, Not TT.

He hasn't demanded a release? Uhhhh, Ok. He's said If you don't want me release me. That's where we are at here. Have you been hiding under a rock?

I don't expect a Fox News interview but I want to hear TT say Brett is lying, just like Brett did tonight. All this Upper management talk is like politics, full of lies and spins. Brett, on the other hand just layed down the gauntlet.

Again, does it need to be said. Brett wants to play, GB doesn't want him, so he wants to go somewhere where has has a chance to win football games. It's funny that you mock Brett for wanting to play football. What's your biggest life's decision? Is it really fair for me to tell you what YOU should do?

LOL, You know about competitive football and retirement how? Oh yeah, Al Gore created the internet and gave tons of average joes voices, that noone cares about besides other average joes.

Ok, thanks for the PREDICTION.

Ok, nice OPINION, But what is "control damage?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Couldn't agree with you more. They left Favre with NO alternative. What the hell is he supposed to do with that? Is he supposed to end his career, because he made his decision prematurely?

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

Couldn't agree with you more. They left Favre with NO alternative. What the hell is he supposed to do with that? Is he supposed to end his career, because he made his decision prematurely?

I guess

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:

Ok so You've only heard one side of the story? Really the where did this come from?

March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy decide they would be fine with Favre returning even though Aaron Rodgers is set to begin off-season workouts as the starter, and they inform Favre. "Mike said, ‘Ted and I talked and we said, fine.' But we'd like to come see you, and Brett was kind of excited that we were coming to see him." In preparation to leave for the owners meetings in West Palm Beach, March 30-April 3, they arrange to meet with Favre and wife, Deanna.

* March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg on April 1 to make plans for Favre's return. McCarthy is leaving for evening Mass when Favre calls to inform him he has changed his mind. "We were all set for them, but Brett called back and that he and Deanna had a long talk about it and they were going to stick with their original decision."[/i]

So, to a logical person, You are saying I only need 1 side of the story, yet you are using this timeline from what side? I guess all you need is NO side of a story to run with, which I knew along time ago.

Protect his legacy, ummm, Brett can do that if he cares to. Ted can't control Brett's legacy but he knows he can control his, and by Trading Brett to a division team and having Brett possibly stomp him twice a year, while A-Rod falls flat on his face scares the Shiiit out of him.

Ummm, I can't understand what you are saying hear. His decisions are included in his legacy, which again is Brett's problem if he cares to be bothered by it, Not TT.

He hasn't demanded a release? Uhhhh, Ok. He's said If you don't want me release me. That's where we are at here. Have you been hiding under a rock?

I don't expect a Fox News interview but I want to hear TT say Brett is lying, just like Brett did tonight. All this Upper management talk is like politics, full of lies and spins. Brett, on the other hand just layed down the gauntlet.

Again, does it need to be said. Brett wants to play, GB doesn't want him, so he wants to go somewhere where has has a chance to win football games. It's funny that you mock Brett for wanting to play football. What's your biggest life's decision? Is it really fair for me to tell you what YOU should do?

LOL, You know about competitive football and retirement how? Oh yeah, Al Gore created the internet and gave tons of average joes voices, that noone cares about besides other average joes.

You really think that's a rebuttal, don't you. First off, thanks for bringing attention to me switching the words "damage control" considering your post is riddled with spelling and grammar errors. I thought that was cute.

Second, 'Thanks for the prediction' is the best response ever. I made a prediction, you thanked me for it. Awesome.

Third, this is one side of the story. All we've had so far were tidbits here, tidbits there, done through third parties. Now we have a big chunk of the story, as told by Brett Favre. How...how is that hard to understand?

Fourth, I haven't been living under a rock in regards to demanding a trade. But he hasn't demanded it, not vocally or through the required paperwork the league needs. He's HINTED at it(with his aww shucks routine) that he only has a couple options left. But he hasn't demanded anything yet.

"that means either you give me my helmet, welcome back, or release me, or attempt to trade me. We all know that's a possibility."

Does that sound like a DEMAND to you? A man lists off his options and it's a demand? Did he demand all three then? According to you, apparently he did. Good logic there.

"You know, the bottom line is, I may not play anywhere," Favre said.

That sounds like a man demanding his release so he can play elsewhere. LOL. Wow.

Fifth, you want to hear a Thompson response? You will.

Sixth, Al Gore created the internet? I hope you were kidding.

Just stop.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

tromadz said:

You really think that's a rebuttal, don't you. First off, thanks for bringing attention to me switching the words "damage control" considering your post is riddled with spelling and grammar errors. I thought that was cute.

Second, 'Thanks for the prediction' is the best response ever. I made a prediction, you thanked me for it. Awesome.

Third, this is one side of the story. All we've had so far were tidbits here, tidbits there, done through third parties. Now we have a big chunk of the story, as told by Brett Favre. How...how is that hard to understand?

Fourth, I haven't been living under a rock in regards to demanding a trade. But he hasn't demanded it, not vocally or through the required paperwork the league needs. He's HINTED at it(with his aww shucks routine) that he only has a couple options left. But he hasn't demanded anything yet.

"that means either you give me my helmet, welcome back, or release me, or attempt to trade me. We all know that's a possibility."

Does that sound like a DEMAND to you? A man lists off his options and it's a demand? Did he demand all three then? According to you, apparently he did. Good logic there.

That sounds like a man demanding his release so he can play elsewhere. LOL. Wow.

Just stop.

Ummm OK, Thanks for your reply. Carry on

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

tromadz said:

Just stop.

By the way, Nice Sig. What exactly is the point of it? I'm just trying to understand, Thanks

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm OK, Thanks for your reply. Carry on

I knew that wouldn't last long. Nobody goes round for round with Tromadz and lives to tell the tale!

(I'm kidding. relax)

By the way, Nice Sig. What exactly is the point of it? I'm just trying to understand, Thanks

The one that has nothing to do with you(and is very much off topic)? It shows while Arrow is an arrogant jerk, he has a heart of gold.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can tell you that sure as hell isn't why I love Brett Favre. I love the way he approaches the game, his childish love for football, his not-perfect-but-could-pull-anything-out-of-a-hat determination and competitive drive.

I don't like the way Brett Favre handles the media and the team. Remember it's the same Brett that considered being traded just because the Packers didn't get Moss. Team loyalty?

Also, Al Gore didn't create the internet. Tim Berners Lee had an arguably greater contribution but most people have never heard of him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"TT is a snake".....is that so? Why? Because he looks out for the Packers organization #1? Isn't that what a GM is supposed to do?
Favre admitted no one, not even TT forced him out. He himself decided to retire. And he admitted he was wrong to do so.
So.....who's fault ultimately is it?
If it was anyone else, i bet you wouldn't be siding with the player.
I loved what Favre did on the field for us, but this whole mess has soured me as far as how he has handled it.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not a fan of this ddforever guy.. However I do like DD

Interesting you say that. He is one of my favorite members and he's pretty new. You on the other hand have apparently been here for a while unbeknown st to me but after your "Favre is a pile of S*%T thread", are one of my least favorite members. I realize this might hurt your feelings a lot. Seek out counseling which can help you through it.

hosemeoff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from cheesey and agree that Favre made his own bed. However, what is Brett's required penance for atonement. 40 lashes with a cat o' nine tails? Getting 10,000 signatures on a petition? 200 hours of community service?

How much has Brett damaged others by making his decision with too much haste (ironically giving everyone what they wanted - an early decision). Do you think this public embarrassment is enough? I do. Do you think that he, who has given 16 years of rare success, should be forced to languish on the bench for 1 or 2 years as punishment for an early decision?

Without Favre, Green Bay has a seventh rounder and two formerly projected 1st overall picks (at one point) who fell like stones for one reason or another on draft day. Rodgers is servicable, but there is no assurance against injury. While he didn't miss any playing time with his two injuries the past two years, he missed a good bit of potential playing time by recovering from the injuries when he could have gotten mop up duty (especially last year). Playing rookie quarterbacks seems to usually do more damage (both to player and team) than good.

It would suck for Rodgers if Favre comes back, but don't you think another year of development, an excellent bargaining position heading into next year (the old guy can't play forever, can he?), and another year's salary are pretty good consolation prizes for being the mop up guy? Brett didn't commit a crime against humanity, he simply changed his mind and created a bit of an uncomfortable situation, but I know if I had that gift, I would want to use every bit of it before it was gone. If he's traded or released, then so be it; both sides will move on successfully, but I would love to see him shuffle around in Green and Gold for AT LEAST 1 more year.

And Trom, of course you would like to see Brett demand a trade. That would place Brett one steel chair from the top rope away from the perfect transition to a bad guy wrestler.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Trom, of course you would like to see Brett demand a trade. That would place Brett one steel chair from the top rope away from the perfect transition to a bad guy wrestler.

No, I want to see him make a decision. Him demanding a release won't happen and since I've been hoping for and predicting a trade...that's what I want him to go with.

If he demands a trade, things will only get uglier as GB says "no way, jose" due to the NFC North teams possibly getting him.

Trade! Ask for it already, #4.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Im not a fan of this ddforever guy.. However I do like DD

Interesting you say that. He is one of my favorite members and he's pretty new. You on the other hand have apparently been here for a while unbeknown st to me but after your "Favre is a pile of S*%T thread", are one of my least favorite members. I realize this might hurt your feelings a lot. Seek out counseling which can help you through it.

And your snide comments makes you endearing to the other members of packerforum? You're free to argue your points, but I for one would like you, and everyone else who's getting worked up and are starting to throw petty insults around, to refrain and maintain their tact.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your screen name has for than one letter 'd' in it I disagree with you and find the whole thing mildly amusing at best.

Members online

Latest posts