Exactly the reason we all Love Brett

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a little side note to dd80forever. As far as I know, Favre never said Thompson told him he wasn't wanted back. He said he didn't "feel" wanted back. Huuuuuge difference.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
So Brett said,..."they told me I couldn't come back." And THAT makes it 100% true? Guess I'd like a bit more proof before I accept that at face value.

Brett has always been a straight shooter before and why not now? I guess some tend to believe who they want to believe thats fine. I for one am on Brett's side here, I have never in my life heard him lie, he has always been who he is why again should he change that now? I believe his story 100%. I do not believe they wanted him back IMO...and I am NOT 15 years old.

I agree with that. As far as I know Brett is as honest as the next guy.
I think everyones story is always how they saw things. Everyone is also
always a bit bias towards themselves. I like the guy a lot.

I just happen to be more loyal to the Packers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
So Brett said,..."they told me I couldn't come back." And THAT makes it 100% true? Guess I'd like a bit more proof before I accept that at face value.

Brett has always been a straight shooter before and why not now? I guess some tend to believe who they want to believe thats fine. I for one am on Brett's side here, I have never in my life heard him lie, he has always been who he is why again should he change that now? I believe his story 100%. I do not believe they wanted him back IMO...and I am NOT 15 years old.

and I believe at the end of all this you will end up one very unhappy person feeling very let down.

Hear what the man said Heather, "I'm THINKING about it, have a plan." He was asking the Packers to have a plan even though he was hedging at that time and he would not committ to ANYTHING himself.

How the hell can I ask someone to formulate a plan for me when I don't know what the hell I'm doing or what I want. I think that request right there speaks volumes of how far Brett's ego has gotten in front of EVERYTHING ELSE.

I have to say I have never heard of anyone, anywhere, be it an athlete or whatever, ask for an open ticket with no date on it. THEN, after he waits FOREVER, he doesn't like the sounds coming back?

He wants his HELMET back. Yeah right. Make that a size 22 please.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
4packgirl said:
ok, maybe this is a stupid question but i'm a chick so i can ask it...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU FORCE A PLAYER WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT TO RETIRE WHEN YOU "WANT" HIM TO RETIRE, & GIVE HIM A TIMELINE UNDER WHICH HE HAS TO DO IT??????????????????????????????

couldn't brett just have said go fork yourselves, i'll decide when i want to, i will not do it in march, i will wait until training camp! or maybe i'm missin somethin.

its just brett extending professional courtesy. See, being nice can hurt you. Better to be ruthless like everyone else.

NO, my dear - better to make up your mind, state your intentions, & stick with it!!!!!!!

Speaking of that, are you sticking with this comment you made?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

High five

jdoggpredetor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we all forget he gave 16 years of blood sweat and tears for this franchise thats 16 years of a human life dedacated to our team of course he has a right to change his mind everyone does it especialy when it comes to giving up something you have done your whole life something your dad taught you from an early age something thats inside of you and maybe after he said he wanted to retire he thought you only live one life and you should still play while you can because in 10 years or so you may think back and say i should have came back i had more to give to the game not just for the fans or the team but for himself as a person. I for one have been a packer fan for around 19 years now and i would never turn my back on a player who has givin that much time and effort into my team , franchise and the fans he is epitamy of a quarterback hes never missed a game hes always tryed his best and we always ask him for another year every year now he wants to chage his mind before training camp starts to come back another year and we dont want him to whats goin on here. That just my opinion i know the interviews and the news is bad but i still got his back because hes had my teams back for more then half my life and i hope everything works out so he can come be our quaterback again he deserves it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we all forget he gave 16 years of blood sweat and tears for this franchise thats 16 years of a human life dedacated to our team of course he has a right to change his mind everyone does it especialy when it comes to giving up something you have done your whole life something your dad taught you from an early age something thats inside of you and maybe after he said he wanted to retire he thought you only live one life and you should still play while you can because in 10 years or so you may think back and say i should have came back i had more to give to the game not just for the fans or the team but for himself as a person. I for one have been a packer fan for around 19 years now and i would never turn my back on a player who has givin that much time and effort into my team , franchise and the fans he is epitamy of a quarterback hes never missed a game hes always tryed his best and we always ask him for another year every year now he wants to chage his mind before training camp starts to come back another year and we dont want him to whats goin on here. That just my opinion i know the interviews and the news is bad but i still got his back because hes had my teams back for more then half my life and i hope everything works out so he can come be our quaterback again he deserves it.

did you forget we have paid him WELL over 50 million dollars for that 16 years of blood sweat and tears he gave. We also gave him adoration, respect and honor unlike many football players ever see. We named streets after him. Made clothes and posters with his likeness on them. We bought his jersey in record numbers. We cried when he retired.

Brett Favre is a legend and always will be. and he deserves tons. but what about us. what about the Packers.

My dad taught me something from an early age too... to love the Green Bay Packers.
I dont begrudge Favre for wanting to come back, just the way in which he chooses to go about it.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett for what he has done for us for the last 15 years, but I'm in my 52nd year of being a Packer fan.
I love the Green Bay Packers more than any single player who has ever played for them.
Nobody was holding a gun to Brett's head when he announced his retirement and I think he is 100% wrong doing what he is doing to the Green Bay Packers.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdoggpredetor said:

did you forget we have paid him WELL over 50 million dollars for that 16 years of blood sweat and tears he gave. We also gave him adoration, respect and honor unlike many football players ever see. We named streets after him. Made clothes and posters with his likeness on them. We bought his jersey in record numbers. We cried when he retired.

Brett Favre is a legend and always will be. and he deserves tons. but what about us. what about the Packers.

My dad taught me something from an early age too... to love the Green Bay Packers.
I dont begrudge Favre for wanting to come back, just the way in which he chooses to go about it.

Well said. I love the guy to death and wish him the best in whatever he ends up doing. It would have been awesome to know that he wanted to come back and start as a Packer...... 4 months ago. The garbage going on right now is just ridiculous. I'm not sure why everyone can't just sit down together and bang this out over the course of a 2 hour meeting instead of doing this multi-week game of telephone via the media.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
4packgirl said:

HOW THE HELL DO YOU FORCE A PLAYER WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT TO RETIRE WHEN YOU "WANT" HIM TO RETIRE, & GIVE HIM A TIMELINE UNDER WHICH HE HAS TO DO IT??????????????????????????????

couldn't brett just have said go fork yourselves, i'll decide when i want to, i will not do it in march, i will wait until training camp! or maybe i'm missin somethin.

its just brett extending professional courtesy. See, being nice can hurt you. Better to be ruthless like everyone else.

NO, my dear - better to make up your mind, state your intentions, & stick with it!!!!!!!

if i didn't mean it, i wouldn't have written it. it was meant to be sarcastic but apparently that was lost on you. sorry about that, next time i'll make myself crystal clear...deal? :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow he gets into it with everyone, doesn't he? Arrow has his back. It's his one kind act of the year. :)

And Favre's actions this last week, well none of them are the reasons we love brett favre. They're the opposite.

And now he's bordering stalker territory. So sad. Let it go, Brett.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
We need a Mr. Wolf (Pulp Fiction reference) in Green Bay to make this fixed.

The Wolf: You must be Ted, which would make you Brett. Let's get down to brass tacks, gentlemen. If I was informed correctly, the clock is ticking, is that right, Mike?
Mike McCarthy: Uh, one hundred percent.
The Wolf: Training... camp opens on July 28 in the AM, is that right?
Mike McCarthy: Uh-huh.
The Wolf: I was led to believe that if that happens and the media finds Brett here, the team wouldn't appreciate it none too much?
Mike McCarthy: [laughing] They wouldn't.
The Wolf: That gives us exactly... thirteen days to get the **** out of Dodge. Which, if you do what I say when I say it, should be plenty.

I nominate this for post of the decade.
Haha... this is golden. I skipped over it the first time. Funny stuff bigfog.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
4packgirl said:
de_real_deal said:
4packgirl said:

if i didn't mean it, i wouldn't have written it. it was meant to be sarcastic but apparently that was lost on you. sorry about that, next time i'll make myself crystal clear...deal? :p

sarcastic? What does that mean?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett for what he has done for us for the last 15 years, but I'm in my 52nd year of being a Packer fan.
I love the Green Bay Packers more than any single player who has ever played for them.
Nobody was holding a gun to Brett's head when he announced his retirement and I think he is 100% wrong doing what he is doing to the Green Bay Packers.
Ditto Yoop.....ditto.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts