1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Exactly the reason we all Love Brett

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dd80forever, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a little side note to dd80forever. As far as I know, Favre never said Thompson told him he wasn't wanted back. He said he didn't "feel" wanted back. Huuuuuge difference.

2. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with that. As far as I know Brett is as honest as the next guy.
    I think everyones story is always how they saw things. Everyone is also
    always a bit bias towards themselves. I like the guy a lot.

I just happen to be more loyal to the Packers.

3. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    and I believe at the end of all this you will end up one very unhappy person feeling very let down.

Hear what the man said Heather, "I'm THINKING about it, have a plan." He was asking the Packers to have a plan even though he was hedging at that time and he would not committ to ANYTHING himself.

How the hell can I ask someone to formulate a plan for me when I don't know what the hell I'm doing or what I want. I think that request right there speaks volumes of how far Brett's ego has gotten in front of EVERYTHING ELSE.

I have to say I have never heard of anyone, anywhere, be it an athlete or whatever, ask for an open ticket with no date on it. THEN, after he waits FOREVER, he doesn't like the sounds coming back?

He wants his HELMET back. Yeah right. Make that a size 22 please.

4. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of that, are you sticking with this comment you made?

5. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    High five

6. jdoggpredetor

jdoggpredetor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Did we all forget he gave 16 years of blood sweat and tears for this franchise thats 16 years of a human life dedacated to our team of course he has a right to change his mind everyone does it especialy when it comes to giving up something you have done your whole life something your dad taught you from an early age something thats inside of you and maybe after he said he wanted to retire he thought you only live one life and you should still play while you can because in 10 years or so you may think back and say i should have came back i had more to give to the game not just for the fans or the team but for himself as a person. I for one have been a packer fan for around 19 years now and i would never turn my back on a player who has givin that much time and effort into my team , franchise and the fans he is epitamy of a quarterback hes never missed a game hes always tryed his best and we always ask him for another year every year now he wants to chage his mind before training camp starts to come back another year and we dont want him to whats goin on here. That just my opinion i know the interviews and the news is bad but i still got his back because hes had my teams back for more then half my life and i hope everything works out so he can come be our quaterback again he deserves it.

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

did you forget we have paid him WELL over 50 million dollars for that 16 years of blood sweat and tears he gave. We also gave him adoration, respect and honor unlike many football players ever see. We named streets after him. Made clothes and posters with his likeness on them. We bought his jersey in record numbers. We cried when he retired.

Brett Favre is a legend and always will be. and he deserves tons. but what about us. what about the Packers.

My dad taught me something from an early age too... to love the Green Bay Packers.
    I dont begrudge Favre for wanting to come back, just the way in which he chooses to go about it.

8. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love Brett for what he has done for us for the last 15 years, but I'm in my 52nd year of being a Packer fan.
    I love the Green Bay Packers more than any single player who has ever played for them.
    Nobody was holding a gun to Brett's head when he announced his retirement and I think he is 100% wrong doing what he is doing to the Green Bay Packers.

9. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said. I love the guy to death and wish him the best in whatever he ends up doing. It would have been awesome to know that he wanted to come back and start as a Packer...... 4 months ago. The garbage going on right now is just ridiculous. I'm not sure why everyone can't just sit down together and bang this out over the course of a 2 hour meeting instead of doing this multi-week game of telephone via the media.

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if i didn't mean it, i wouldn't have written it. it was meant to be sarcastic but apparently that was lost on you. sorry about that, next time i'll make myself crystal clear...deal? :p

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow he gets into it with everyone, doesn't he? Arrow has his back. It's his one kind act of the year. :)

And Favre's actions this last week, well none of them are the reasons we love brett favre. They're the opposite.

And now he's bordering stalker territory. So sad. Let it go, Brett.

12. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha... this is golden. I skipped over it the first time. Funny stuff bigfog.

13. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sarcastic? What does that mean?

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ditto Yoop.....ditto.

15. Brooks87

Brooks87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bah..Sick of all this drama.Let the Aaron Rodgers era begin.