Eagles studs n duds

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron Jones came up clutch with that run. He's been kinda quiet lately, but man that was a game breaker.
Stud to the guy he had to step around to get into the endzone. Way to hustle Bahk for some downfield blocking 70 yards away from the line. Glad to see your wallet hasn't turned into an anchor.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Petals is now 22-6 through 28 games with the Packers, good for a 79% win rate.

I know he has Rodgers, and Rodgers is playing amazing, but it's not that simple.

In his last two full seasons with Rodgers (2016 and 2018), McCarthy was 16-15-1, so basically .500.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been extremely disappointed with JK Scott.
He'll be our punter the rest of the year, but he'll certainly have some competition this offseason.

Kid was amazing through the first 5 or so games last year, and he's sucked since.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Scott had the #1 hangtime in the NFL (I think) his Rookie year (2018) and has slowly seemed to be less effective. Most of his stats aren't that far off of 2018, except the key one, net ave. So is that more of a sign of the other 10 guys not doing their jobs or his punting?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main concern about this game was the scenario where Hurts comes in, gives them a spark, and they rally. Seemed like that script was playing out, but the defense and Jones put a stop to it. Good for them!

Gary is playing better all the time. Nice week for Keke. The DL in general looked strong.

Scrambling QBs like him can give us fits. We weren't prepared for him but stopped him with a big hit and INT in the end.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting to a point when every time we have a giant 4th quarter lead the defense gives up 2 tds. Wish we'd step on opponents throats and not let them cruise to the end zone so easily.

Seriously may want to make JK Scott do one day on the tacking sled. Or have Aaron ask Pat McAfee on Tuesday if he can give JK a few pointers on hitting people as a punter.

I mean the defense gave up 10 points all game so im not sure the point you're trying to make about the D makes sense regarding today.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main concern about this game was the scenario where Hurts comes in, gives them a spark, and they rally. Seemed like that script was playing out, but the defense and Jones put a stop to it. Good for them!

Gary is playing better all the time. Nice week for Keke. The DL in general looked strong.

Was bummed when Winn went out but you're right, trench guys had a SOLID game and Gary is a guy that I swear keeps showing signs of progression every snap.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Petals is now 22-6 through 28 games with the Packers, good for a 79% win rate.

I know he has Rodgers, and Rodgers is playing amazing, but it's not that simple.

In his last two full seasons with Rodgers (2016 and 2018), McCarthy was 16-15-1, so basically .500.

How could you state that and not mention the Wide Receivers McCarthy had in those two years for him too!!! I mean as this board has taught us - there is no more valuable position. LOL

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the defense gave up 10 points all game so im not sure the point you're trying to make about the D makes sense regarding today.

As I said in the next sentence, step on their throats when we got a nice lead because it's happened too often we've just let teams make things a little interesting at the end. @Minnesotta they gave up 24 in the 4th, and in the last 2 weeks we've made it much more interesting than it should have been. Last week people were critical of AR staying in the game but they were only up 2 scores with 3:00 left. There's a lot worse things that a fan could be upset about their team about than this but I notice a little trend.

With that said I should have included special teams because that return was the reason why it was interesting at the end. Just generally speaking the Packers as a team (ST including) giving up a lot of late points.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Entire Special Teams unit. Where do they find these special teams coaches that come through Green Bay? Like seriously? ST Has been an Achilles heel since like 2011. Jk Scott has fallen off a cliff and Mason Crosby makes me nervous. The coverage units are bad...terrible angles and tackling on another punt return TD in 3 weeks.

I’m ready to see MVS gone. I’ve never seen a “professional” wr let so many passes bounce off his chest than this guy. Rodgers clearly gets annoyed with him, but he has to keep going to him for his confidence. I’m just waiting on him to drop a game winning TD.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Just to put into perspective how bad the Packers punt team has been:

There have been 4 punt returns for touchdowns in the entire NFL this year. The packers have given up 2 of them.

JK Scott is averaging 43 yards per punts (25th in the NFL).
JK Scott only has 11 punts within the 20 (tied for 26th in the NFL).

Real bad. Very bad.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Entire Special Teams unit. Where do they find these special teams coaches that come through Green Bay? Like seriously? ST Has been an Achilles heel since like 2011. Jk Scott has fallen off a cliff and Mason Crosby makes me nervous. The coverage units are bad...terrible angles and tackling on another punt return TD in 3 weeks.

I’m ready to see MVS gone. I’ve never seen a “professional” wr let so many passes bounce off his chest than this guy. Rodgers clearly gets annoyed with him, but he has to keep going to him for his confidence. I’m just waiting on him to drop a game winning TD.

Someone on another forum I post on suggested Scott might have a hip issue. I don't think Mason is 100% either. On that TD return I wonder if Reagor muffing it screwed up our coverage?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to put into perspective how bad the Packers punt team has been:

There have been 4 punt returns for touchdowns in the entire NFL this year. The packers have given up 2 of them.

JK Scott is averaging 43 yards per punts (25th in the NFL).
JK Scott only has 11 punts within the 20 (tied for 26th in the NFL).

Real bad. Very bad.
I have to wonder if Menanga has been part of Scott's problem. And he does have a problem. Coaches, when they think they are better than they are, are better off staying away.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on another forum I post on suggested Scott might have a hip issue. I don't think Mason is 100% either. On that TD return I wonder if Reagor muffing it screwed up our coverage?
a muffed punt shouldn't result in it going for a TD. A good unit buries that return man, instead we left an entire side of the field wide flippin' open. Was pretty a pretty disgusting display of coverage there.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a muffed punt shouldn't result in it going for a TD. A good unit buries that return man, instead we left an entire side of the field wide flippin' open. Was pretty a pretty disgusting display of coverage there.

It wasn't pretty but a lot of times when a returner muffs it like that they get big returns. ST might be a bigger issue for us going forward than our defense. :unsure:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With special teams, somebody's got to lose sometimes. I would prefer if it wasn't us. And with our track record; luck has nothing to do with it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur's offense is beautiful. I love the way he builds wrinkle after wrinkle on top of a single formation. He gives the defense the same look over and over, allows them to think they know what's coming, and then zigs time and again. I love it. And Rodgers is executing it so perfectly. His accuracy is off the charts right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Yup and that is on coaching. I think it was the other punt return for a TD that I watched an analysis by Leroy Butler on the play. The Packers players literally were stacked in vertical line coming down the field, giving up lanes to both sides of them. Was absolutely jaw dropping to see how poorly they set themselves up to make a tackle.

Also, if I hear anyone use the excuse "Well its hard for a Special Teams coach when you have injuries and players going in and out of the lineup due to COVID". Oh yeah? Well other teams seem to do a better job at it then Shawn Enigma.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't pretty but a lot of times when a returner muffs it like that they get big returns. ST might be a bigger issue for us going forward than our defense. :unsure:
sure, it happens, but it's more likely a muffed punt results in something bad for the return team if you have a decent coverage team.

This was bad, we NOBODY in position. that TD was easy and all he had to do was pick it up and run.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
DUD: Crosby for missing another XP. He is perfect on FG's but for some reason has missed 3 XP's.

STUD: Once again Crosby's missed XP didn't cost us a game and have Captain in here seeking blood.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUD: Crosby for missing another XP. He is perfect on FG's but for some reason has missed 3 XP's.

STUD: Once again Crosby's missed XP didn't cost us a game and have Captain in here seeking blood.
I couldn’t believe how many PATs were missed in the 3 games I watched yesterday... Bears/Lions, Vikings/Jags... and Packer/Eagles. Something was really off.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's hard not to get excited with the way Gary's playing of late. That combination of length power and speed on the edge is just nasty and you can tell that he's too much for likely most OTs to handle. Even against mobile quarterbacks he should be effective with his Reggie White JJ Watt style of direct routes to the quarterback, followed by a move either right or left to the quarterback.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage is that guy who could be a real defensive keystone for us. An FS who can actually play deep centerfield shrinks the field for everybody since you can bring up your SS. He keeps playing like the player that we all hoped he would be and everyone else will look better. That pick first against Chicago Savage was playing what looked like single high safety, an alignment that should be beatable on the sidelines but Savage's range allowed him to get up and over and make a play, and beat the receiver to the spot, on an overthrown ball. When you have a safety who can do that offenses are going to have to throw flatter long balls and wait longer to release.

Yes some of these picks are the result of bad throws, a batted throwing arm. But that's football and those things will happen. What separates defenses are often whether or not a unit can take advantage of those mistakes punish offenses.

His pick last night was positively Collinsesque. That athletic move and leap for the grab. Hes the kind of guy that Quarterbacks are really going to have to look for and then probably go to a different read if he's in the vicinity.

Last edited:

Members online