Driver espn article about Rodgers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers advanced the NFL's safety concerns about head injuries when he persuaded Aaron Rodgers not to play - ESPN

On Dec. 12 against Detroit, in a game vital to the Packers' playoff hopes, Driver walked behind his team's bench after Rodgers had taken hard shots on consecutive plays, and leaned down to tell his quarterback, "This is just a game. Your life is more important than a game."Rodgers stayed out. The Packers lost.

"SNIP"

What Rodgers saw -- legitimate concern from a respected veteran who cares about him -- was enough to make him realize Driver was right.

"SNIP"

Driver changed all that. He created the break that makes it possible for players to save face and themselves. He did more for concussion awareness than any autopsy or congressional hearing ever could.

"It's not about being tough anymore," Driver said.

One TY DD, you did the right thing..

Two no one better EVER say Rodgers doesnt listen to anyone and only cares about stats

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All my biases aside, that is a really good article.

And exactly why Driver is my favorite Packer of all time..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All my biases aside, that is a really good article.

And exactly why Driver is my favorite Packer of all time..
Me too.
Oh, and seeing Donald at my church here in Texas didn't hurt my love for the little guy either!

His chicken legs are no bigger than my chicken legs!

I love that little guy, and I remember his rookie year training camp, trying to beat the odds and make the team in 1999.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver is a great, great man. We bought his book "Quickie Makes the Team" for all our grandchildren last Christmas. Check out his website :: Donald Driver Official Website :: if you're still shopping. (no, I don't have anything to do with the website or DD)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DD is one hell of a classy guy!

He is not only a first class person, being a Packer comes in first for him.

Brett and his wife had Donald over to their home for dinner a number of times. They were good friends.

After Brett left Green Bay, Driver said " Brett was my friend, but (Aaron) Rodgers is my QB."

Have to like that.

Members online

Latest posts