Do you guys have division pride?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Intrarivalry aside, how bout' our division fellas? Pack dubbed "the team no one wants to face in the playoffs," Bears 11-4 and 2nd seed, and DET on a 3 game winning streak and most likely future division rivals, and MIN who gave it to Vick and his Eagles.

I'm feelin' a little NFC North pride and believe we are the toughest division in the NFC and arguably the toughest in the entire league!

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel no division pride. Ever.

In my perfect world, the NFC North's standings end like this every year:
Packers: 16-0
Lions: 4-12 (Wins over Chicago twice and Minnesota twice)
Bears: 2-14 (Beat Minny twice)
Vikings: 0-16

That's a lot of hate flowin' through your veins there aye?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always thought the divisions were as hokie as the NHL divisions. Conference titles are meaningful and I feel closer to the NFC than the AFC.

I'm never proud of the Bears, Queens or Lions and it never bothers me to see anyone beat them. In fact, I like the Giants, Browns and Steelers more than the other teams in our division.

Bears suck and how can you like a Dome team?

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed, you don't beat your division no playoffs. Can not root for the enemy.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well I have an AFC team I root for unless they are playing the Packers. I'm kind of doubling down on the fun of NFL football. But I would rather see all the other NFC North teams suck year in and year out.
Hateful? Maybe, but I can't get my mind around rooting for them on any day of the year.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
way to double down dan!! triple d! lol...

See your reasoning... awesome concept, altought I can't wrap my head around "rooting' for any other team.
why is that?? I swear something is wrong here,.. I mean I can hope another team loses , rather than...
"Oh...I hope they win".

I fear that's not a good trait and something I need to work on....:blink: or maybe not... :tongue:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
way to double down dan!! triple d! lol...

See your reasoning... awesome concept, altought I can't wrap my head around "rooting' for any other team.
why is that?? I swear something is wrong here,.. I mean I can hope another team loses , rather than...
"Oh...I hope they win".

I fear that's not a good trait and something I need to work on....:blink: or maybe not... :tongue:
I didn't ask you to embrace it. I've been jammed on before for just this thing. that's okay, maybe it's novel or maybe not. But I don't think for one second it takes away from my being a fan of the Green and Gold.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I find I pay attention to the AFC much more if I have an interest in it. When I was a young lad, I only watched Packer stuff and didn't know squat about the AFC. Since I've adopted my "red headed stepchild" I find I enjoy the entire NFL more.
Do what you want, but I'd like to have one person explain to me why this is in any way lessening my fan degree for the Pack. I'm not a closed minded person, if one person can give me one single explanation I'll concede.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit it, when I was 8 the '85 Bears were the team to beat. When it got to playoff time I rooted for them. Then again I was 8, and when they went again just recently, I cheered like hell for the Colts.

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am into the NFC love... my basic feeling is if my Bears don't make the playoffs, I would like whoever beats us to do good since it is a reflection of us. When the division winner is one and done it doesn't really speak much for any of us.

Also, I have a lot of family in Milwaukee and friends in Detroit / Minny so its hard to hold too much of a grudge.

In terms of Geography, the NFC North is probably the closest together aside from maybe the AFC North. I think this results in a general level of cross pollination between our fan bases that keeps it interesting.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan who feels sorry for the Lions, except when "we" play them and that's about it.
Bears and Vikings, they can fall off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

I was very very pleased to see the downfall of the Vikings and Burnt Fail this year.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely never will root for the Bears or Vikings unless it helps the Packers in the standings and playoff seedings. I will root for a non-division team if an ex-packer player like Aaron Kampman or Al Harris is with them, but no matter what the Packers come first

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't ask you to embrace it. I've been jammed on before for just this thing. that's okay, maybe it's novel or maybe not. But I don't think for one second it takes away from my being a fan of the Green and Gold.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I find I pay attention to the AFC much more if I have an interest in it. When I was a young lad, I only watched Packer stuff and didn't know squat about the AFC. Since I've adopted my "red headed stepchild" I find I enjoy the entire NFL more.
Do what you want, but I'd like to have one person explain to me why this is in any way lessening my fan degree for the Pack. I'm not a closed minded person, if one person can give me one single explanation I'll concede.

This is exactly what think when I started this thread. If anyone can show me where in this thread I ever said I rooted for the other NFC north teams, please quote me. I'm just saying that intrarivalry aside, the division has been kicking *** and is arguably the toughest. Now would someone illiterate please quote me and say "I will never root for the bears/Vikings so I can get a good laugh? Thanks.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly what think when I started this thread. If anyone can show me where in this thread I ever said I rooted for the other NFC north teams, please quote me. I'm just saying that intrarivalry aside, the division has been kicking *** and is arguably the toughest. Now would someone illiterate please quote me and say "I will never root for the bears/Vikings so I can get a good laugh? Thanks.

Besides my "root for the Vikings because it benefited us" thread.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

Wow DD... I was agreeing with you, and just saying that I myself had a hard time to root for any other team... even think I gave you an "awesome post" or whatever! eesh!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wow DD... I was agreeing with you, and just saying that I myself had a hard time to root for any other team... even think I gave you an "awesome post" or whatever! eesh!
Yep, sorry about that, you know, sometimes you can read something that was intended one way and you read it yourself completely another.
Sorry if I was a bit sensitive, I've been jammed on for that before. If we were talking I'd have never misunderstood you. Either way, sorry and thanks for the props.

Number1joker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I completely agree except I'd switch Minny and Chicago. Infact for Bears/Viqueens games I just hope the stadium caves in.

Members online

Latest posts