What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rodgers threw as many touchdowns as Brady in that game. But he had only one interceptions compared to Brady's three.

Passer rating:
Rodgers 101.6
Brady 73.8

Hence Rodgers outplayed Brady.
He actually did as a whole in that game, but not to close the game out he did not. Rodgers' performance dipped off when he was needed most (again) and Brady got stronger when needed the most (again)
How old was Brady in that game? 43 years old and at the end of his 21st season.
It was clear and obvious he had lost some arm strength. I seriously wonder if Rodgers could even make it another 4 years? I doubt it, but if he does? we will 90% chance see a notable decline in arm strength. He certainly won't be tossing the ball like Mahomes or someone in their mid 30's. You can't hide from Father Time but so long, just ask Big Ben
Once again, Rodgers has put up better numbers in the regular season than Brady. Quarterbacks need 10 other players to perform well to have success and it seems Brady was surrounded with better talent on that side of the ball as well.
I agree with that to a degree. We went more Defense in Draft resources and to just over a 2:1 ratio from my finding. That said Rodgers has had some pretty good players on his side.
Jennings (THREE 1,000+) seasons
Jordy (FOUR 1,200 yards)
Cobb (1,200+) season
Driver had multiple (TWO 1,000+) seasons playing with Rodgers.
Rodgers really wasn't deficient until 8 years into his starting at QB, since 2015 Davante exploded onto the scene.
Davante (TWO 1,500+; TWO 1,200; TWO 997) seasons.
I'm not getting into those good WR2 types like:
Jones (650 yards per season average)
I think we are all guilty of saying Rodgers had no weapons, but it's really an embellishment of the truth also. Across 15 seasons he had WR's who surpassed 1,000 plus fourteen times. That doesn't include Adams 997 X 2

It would be interesting to know, if you can find out? How many seasons with 1,000 yards WR that each of the more recent QB's have had. Rodgers has one 93.4% of the time, I'm omitting the double 997 Davante put up. I would think a 1:1 ratio (1,000+ : 1 season) is not abnormal? idk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rodgers is worth a #22 overall pick imo

The fairest deal would be 2023 capital only

Jets: # Rodgers + #149 (2023 GB 4th)
Packers: #42 + #43 (2023 NY 2nds)

Screw this future evaluation it's a ruse to make us doubt Rodgers value. If we want a future selection we can use our #45 and trade out into the future. I'm content as long as we are in that general range. I would be very slightly negotiable, if they have a reasonable scenario where it's #26 value etc.. let's roll and get this behind us. Anything past current Day1 value and I'd pull out and wait until later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im hoping for 2 seconds but its probably gonna be a 2023 second and a conditional 2024 first
This is my guess but it sounds like piecing it together it’s a Day 1 value. NY Doesn’t want to part with #13 though because I think they truly know that selection gets them a bonafide playmaker now.

Here’s where it gets weird. They want their cake and they want to eat it too. I 90% think they have no problem with a #42, but they don’t want to go empty on Day 2 (they recently traded their 3rd rounder away). So they’d give us a future pick. However we all know that a #43 now is probably like a #20 overall later.

Now that we’re into 2024 draft capital, then NY is pulling the excuse that he might not play past 2023, which is true. However it’s irrelevant because they made us wait for that #43 overall remember?

I believe they are backsliding on an original agreement and using Rodgers retirement comment as proof. However 99% I think that NY would’ve made up an excuse about how he might retire or they may have even mentioned this under the table and Rodgers played along.

Either way? It’s completely irrelevant because that future Day 1 was to cover the #43 remember? It’s essentially a ruse and it’s very possible it was even a quietly concerted effort in their side.

I’d tell NY we don’t want future picks, period. They don’t want to let 13 go and we don’t want future games so call it a truce. I’d be very direct and tell the Jets we will concede #13 but we need 42/43 or were entertaining other offers inside 48 hours prior to the start of the draft. I’d maybe offer them #78 for next years 3rd Rounder as an olive branch last resort IF they are ready to walk away (they won’t)

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
"the Packers and Jets reportedly are revisiting their talks in regard to an expected blockbuster deal for quarterback Aaron Rodgers "
A blockbuster deal isn't a 2nd this year and next. There would need to be a lot more to consider it "a blockbuster."
Very true.

My guesses have moved all over the map. I’m more recently (but cautiously) optimistic that we could get that pair of 2nds.

A low estimate now is a #42 now and Round 1 or 2, 2024 selection.

A higher estimate is trading Day 1’s + 42, 43 + a Day 2 next year.
Or #13 straight up (+ misc future)

A middle estimate (likely) is a 42,43 and swap upgrade of 2024 selections (their 2nd for our 3rd etc..)

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"the Packers and Jets reportedly are revisiting their talks in regard to an expected blockbuster deal for quarterback Aaron Rodgers "
A blockbuster deal isn't a 2nd this year and next. There would need to be a lot more to consider it "a blockbuster."
IMO I wouldn't put it past the author using the word blockbuster to get more clicks. The fact that AR is being traded IMO makes it a blockbuster trade no matter what GB receives. IMO. I do hope you guys are correct.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wasn't comparing the Packers offense to any other offense.

You need to compare them to other teams to fairly evaluate their performance though.

Although you have said multiple times that Brady's 3 INTs were no different than punts.

While that's true Brady turned the ball over nevertheless.

He actually did as a whole in that game, but not to close the game out he did not. Rodgers' performance dipped off when he was needed most (again) and Brady got stronger when needed the most (again)

While I understand fans are disappointed the Packers weren't able to score a touchdown after getting a first down on the Bucs 8-yard line it's tough to score in the red zone against defenses like that. And don't forget that Rodgers going 3-4 for 49 yards on the drive was the reason they had the ball deep in their territory in the first place.

Brady didn't get stronger when needed the most. After his third touchdown pass of the game put the Bucs ahead 28-10 he went 6-13 for 60 yards and three interceptions the rest of the way. That's a passer rating of 23.4. Kevin King holding one of his receivers on a bad throw and the refs calling pass interference while they didn't all game long tremendously helped him out to close out the game.

I agree with that to a degree. We went more Defense in Draft resources and to just over a 2:1 ratio from my finding. That said Rodgers has had some pretty good players on his side.
Jennings (THREE 1,000+) seasons
Jordy (FOUR 1,200 yards)
Cobb (1,200+) season
Driver had multiple (TWO 1,000+) seasons playing with Rodgers.
Rodgers really wasn't deficient until 8 years into his starting at QB, since 2015 Davante exploded onto the scene.
Davante (TWO 1,500+; TWO 1,200; TWO 997) seasons.
I'm not getting into those good WR2 types like:
Jones (650 yards per season average)
I think we are all guilty of saying Rodgers had no weapons, but it's really an embellishment of the truth also. Across 15 seasons he had WR's who surpassed 1,000 plus fourteen times. That doesn't include Adams 997 X 2

I'm definitely not suggesting Rodgers hasn't had any weapons during his career. But unfortunately the Packers weren't able to surround him with enough talent over the past few seasons.

It would be interesting to know, if you can find out? How many seasons with 1,000 yards WR that each of the more recent QB's have had. Rodgers has one 93.4% of the time, I'm omitting the double 997 Davante put up. I would think a 1:1 ratio (1,000+ : 1 season) is not abnormal? idk

Rodgers has had a total of 13 receivers that had more than 1,000 receiving yards in 15 seasons (0.87 per season). Compared to that Brady has had 20 in 21 (0.95) and Mahomes eight in five (1.6).

I’d tell NY we don’t want future picks, period. They don’t want to let 13 go and we don’t want future games so call it a truce.

I would definitely want the Packers to receive future picks from the Jets if they don't want to give up their first rounder this year.

Reaction score
I would definitely want the Packers to receive future picks from the Jets if they don't want to give up their first rounder this year.
Oh ok. So you’d walk the Jets over a swap of #13 for #15 and giving us a 42 and 43 overall, plus a 5th or 6th?

Nothing personal but this is exactly why we want Brian negotiating and not you guys!:laugh:

You’ve got to fully know the options and programs before you say stuff like this. The extra scary part is someone agreed with you to walk the Jets over that :eek:

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Compensation is what's been rumored before today. Two second round draft picks. One in 2023 and one in 2024 that goes to a first round pick if Rodgers plays greater than 65% of the snaps in 2023. There were also some minor aspects to the trade but its basically two second round draft picks or a second and first. Its not chicken feed. I think both sides got what they wanted.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's 100 points would be like asking for their 4th and 5th instead.

That was just a 'do something and move on trade'. Trust me, I'd love to get their 1st straight up, but starting to think it is going to be more of something like the 2nd, swapping 1sts, something conditional in 2024 and maybe something else in the 4-7 range.

Could have done this a month ago if they just listened to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Sounds like Rodgers will be wearing #8

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just glad it's done. They did get more than what I thought they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts