What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm absolutely convinced that any team trading for Rodgers wants to him to be there for the start of training camp at the latest. Therefore I don't expect it will take until August or September for the trade to be completed.

Rodgers has a higher passer rating than Brady in every single round of the playoffs.

Rodgers:
Wild Card: 111.7
Divisional: 101.4
Conference Championship: 83.7
Super Bowl: 111.5

Brady:
Wild Card: 85.1
Divisional: 92.3
Conference Championship: 82.7
Super Bowl: 97.7

I'm well aware the sample size is small for Rodgers in Super Bowls. My point is that Brady wouldn't have made it to as many Super Bowls as he did by being surrounded with the same talent as Rodgers. In my opinion the numbers clearly support that.

Just for the record, Brady has played in 10x as many Super Bowls as Rodgers.
Yes I know in a macro sense that is true. Following the entire context of that post, I was speaking on a basis applied to their “individual total Postseason games” to level the playing field for Rodgers. Brady has played in more contests altogether and so using a metric of success with what Rodgers was dealt seems more fair. Rodgers has a good enough sample size to apply a %
My point is that Brady wouldn't have made it to as many Super Bowls as he did by being surrounded with the same talent as Rodgers. In my opinion the numbers clearly support that.
That I 100% agree with. I never contested that point if that’s what you were driving at. To that point, I was one of (if not the) 1st to post the team comparison in Defensive ratings years ago and I’ve done it since. I saw it eluded to in an article I read like5 years ago and did the math.
Your post, while maybe not intentional came across as “Brady is inferior to Rodgers in the Postseason” so I’m sticking up for him because that really isn’t the case.

I’m quite sure if you flipped the script (switched teams) on those 2 QB’s you’d probably get almost exact opposite results. Although Brady seems to beat Rodgers when it matters most, so if I had my choice in a SB contests I’d take Brady. He’s proven not to dismiss his X factor in the pressure cooker. Look no further than a head to head game example with the 2020 NFC game at Lambeau btw. Who’s normally favored at home??
We’ve got 1st and 8 for a TD and we went Inc-Inc-Inc in that pressure cooker situation.
On the ensuing drive, what did Brady do in his pressure cooker? He sent Rodgers Home that’s what he did. Advantage >Brady

Aarons a better Golfer though :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dudes and Damsels! We’re getting close to the Draft! 7 days to go!:)

I have a draft scenario (where I find for myself anyway) that would be feasible and I’d actually be content. Part of it is my desire to get NY draft capital now while they are selecting earlier in order (roughly 13th in each round).

Jets get: Aaron Rodgers+
#15+#78

Packers get: #13+

#42 + #45

That scenario does several positive things:

1. NY still gets a Starting caliber player earlier on Day 1 and does not lose that high grade player.

2. NY doesn’t lose all stabs and go empty into Day 2. They’d have a chance at a very good player at #78 (Round 3) where they currently have no selections. In a Win Now mode, this can be crucial in not going “empty” in Day 2.

3. It gives The Packers an immediate point value of around #20-23.5 [#21.75] overall draft selection for Rodgers services (calculated using 2 separate draft calculators).

4. Referring to bullet point 2 above This gives GB the ability to ask for a recoup of the remaining Mid-Round Day 1 in the 2024 draft. As one reasonable example; 80-90 points would be the carry over from asking for a #13 straight up (NY would essentially owe us just equivalent of a 4th Rounder today)
The Packers could therefore ask for a
3rd Rounder in 2024 to make us whole. It would have absolutely zero bearing on Rodgers future or on the Jets level of success.
This scenario is a relatively “clean break” from Rodgers. It takes away most of the unknowns for both sides.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dudes and Damsels! We’re getting close to the Draft! 7 days to go!:)

I have a draft scenario (where I find for myself anyway) that would be feasible and I’d actually be content. Part of it is my desire to get NY draft capital now while they are selecting earlier in order (roughly 13th in each round).

Jets get: Aaron Rodgers+
#15+#78

Packers get: #13+

#42 + #45

That scenario does several positive things:

1. NY still gets a Starting caliber player earlier on Day 1 and does not lose that high grade player.

2. NY doesn’t lose all stabs and go empty into Day 2. They’d have a chance at a very good player at #78 (Round 3) where they currently have no selections. In a Win Now mode, this can be crucial in not going “empty” in Day 2.

3. It gives The Packers an immediate point value of around #20-23.5 [#21.75] overall draft selection for Rodgers services (calculated using 2 separate draft calculators).

4. Referring to bullet point 2 above This gives GB the ability to ask for a recoup of the remaining Mid-Round Day 1 in the 2024 draft. 80-90 points would be the carry over from asking for a #13 straight up (NY would essentially owe us just equivalent of a 4th Rounder today)
The Packers could therefore ask for a
3rd Rounder in 2024 to make us whole. It would have absolutely zero bearing on Rodgers future or on the Jets level of success. If that selection is a major hold up, then swap a round next season and put this trade to bed

This is a relatively “clean break” from Rodgers. It takes away most of the unknowns for both sides.
That has been my hope all along (swap 1st round picks and get both 2nd rounders), I didn't include the #78 pick going to the Jets.

If somehow that happens, the Packers have a better chance of finding a top 5-10 guy (non QB) at #13, than they do at #15. If there isn't, it might allow them to trade back with a team that might be eying a QB that is still on the board and willing to pay a kings ransom for it. Of course, that can happen with the #15 pick as well, but NE might be interested in Levis or Richardson if they are still there.

Having 3 or maybe even 4 picks in round 2, would be an ideal scenario.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More rumors that Bakh wants to be a Jet but wont be traded until next offseason. At which time his cap hit becomes about 40.5 million and his dead cap number is only about 19 million. A savings of about 21.5 million is there to be had as well as so.e nice draft capital

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More rumors that Bakh wants to be a Jet but wont be traded until next offseason. At which time his cap hit becomes about 40.5 million and his dead cap number is only about 19 million. A savings of about 21.5 million is there to be had as well as so.e nice draft capital
I guess that means he figures Rodgers will be there. Hopefully Bakh continues to play well. And maybe the Jets don't need a 1st round tackle. But we do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starting to feel like West Side Story around here.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers tried recruiting Calais Campbell and he turned him down
The "fun news", Campbell signed with the Falcons. The Jets and Falcons play each other this season. So if Rodgers actually becomes a Jet, he may be able to rekindle his friendship with Calais in the Jets backfield.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even if the Packers defense had allowed only 21.6 points per game, the Packers offense only scored 20.6 points per game in those 5 conference championships.

The Packers scored more than 21.6 points in two of the NFCCGs they lost with Rodgers starting. That would already have made a significant difference.

As a side note, they actually scored 22.0 points in those five conference championships.

Your post, while maybe not intentional came across as “Brady is inferior to Rodgers in the Postseason” so I’m sticking up for him because that really isn’t the case.

Actually, it's a fact that Rodgers has significantly better numbers than Brady in the postseason.

Look no further than a head to head game example with the 2020 NFC game at Lambeau btw. Who’s normally favored at home??
We’ve got 1st and 8 for a TD and we went Inc-Inc-Inc in that pressure cooker situation.
On the ensuing drive, what did Brady do in his pressure cooker? He sent Rodgers Home that’s what he did. Advantage >Brady

While the Bucs ended up winning that game Rodgers put up significantly better numbers than Brady in it. The Packers ended up losing the game because they gave up a touchdown on a hail mary at the end of the first half and Jones fumbling deep into their own zone though.

I guess that means he figures Rodgers will be there. Hopefully Bakh continues to play well. And maybe the Jets don't need a 1st round tackle. But we do.

The Packers can't afford to trade Bakhtiari this offseason.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can't afford to trade Bakhtiari this offseason.
Obviously I was talking about next year. And that if Bakh wants to go to the Jets after this season; he must think Rodgers will at least play a second year in New York.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COMBINED 4th quarter performance of Rodgers in his last 3 season ending losses - all home games. 10 of 23 for 89 yards one interception zero touchdowns 54 Quarterback rating.

I won’t say choke - but on 3 occasions with the game on the line - that was his combined performance.

You can’t say Rodgers outplayed Brady and then point to a Brady touchdown pass as a key factor in the loss.

You also can’t blame it all in Jones and ignore Rodgers pathetic deep red zone failures

He simply is not a big game QB

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it's a fact that Rodgers has significantly better numbers than Brady in the postseason.
Try this number Brady - 7 rings
Head to head post season Brady 1-0
Rodgers 0-1
People trying to elevate Rodgers anywhere CLOSE to Brady just look silly
I stopped somewhere around Brady’s 4th or 5th ring.
Brady does what he needs to do to win big games. Rodgers does not.

54 QBR in the 4th quarter of his last 3 season ending home losses. That ain’t good. That aint MVP production.

Reaction score
Yes Rodgers has played better against lesser postseason competition. Rodgers played 1 Super Bowl level Defense in all those postseason contests. Brady played 9 Superbowls.
Let’s go ahead and throw out the high and low ok? ;)

Also take a peak at their regular season. Brady beats him there also.

Brady 28.06 average points per season
Rodgers 26.5 average points per season

So it’s not only the Defense that factored in those Wins. New England’s Offenses we’re better with Brady under center than the Packers with Rodgers under center.

Brady’s career average points for Offense
#5.68 ranked
Rodgers average points for Offense
#8.48 ranked
The average SB WINNING Defense rated to the nearest Whole # is 7 rated
The average SB WINNING Offense rated to the nearest Whole number? #8 rated
What is the probability when applied to Brady and Rodgers above? Just a Wee little bit off there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The 2 things that matter most in the NFL are Wins and Points. The Ultimate goal is to WIN, even if it means you slide at the 2 yard line short of scoring to burn the clock. Even if it means you ground a pass to avoid a Sack or Turnover. Even if it means Kneeling down or running backwards for a Big Loss

The second most crucial thing is to SCORE points. The team that scores the most Wins.

Let’s forget about Defenses for a second.
Fact: Brady’s Offenses Have Won more games than Rodgers Offenses
Brady’s Offenses Have Scored more points than Rodgers Offenses
This has been and will always be a TEAM sport. TEAMS win and lose.
Notice I said QB’s Offense.

The QB can’t win games by himself. The QB has to bring out the best in his team to achieve the best results. Rodgers has not been as consistent a leader as Brady and this idea of our FO relying on the concept or expecting “Rodgers” to Win these games is what got us in this horrific mess. It took us crashing and burning and to make a change.

All that said. I’ve loved watching Aaron Rodgers. Im still a fan
In a weird way I’m excited ti see how he does in NY. I wish him the absolute best and as long as we don’t play the Jets I’ll always root for him. For a long time he did play his heart out for the city of Green Bay and I do recognize that we have had a treat to watch on many a Sunday.
I think this move could be good for all parties. God never wastes a hurt

Last edited:

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far Jets have not taken him yet for now. But that and anything can and will change possibly.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was talking about the Packers offense. You are including BJ Raji's defensive TD return.

Ok, but you would have to do that for every other team in the league if you want to compare them though.

Obviously I was talking about next year. And that if Bakh wants to go to the Jets after this season; he must think Rodgers will at least play a second year in New York.

It wasn't obvious to me, especially as some posters have suggested there's a chance Bakhtiari will be traded this offseason.

You can’t say Rodgers outplayed Brady and then point to a Brady touchdown pass as a key factor in the loss.

Rodgers threw as many touchdowns as Brady in that game. But he had only one interceptions compared to Brady's three.

Passer rating:
Rodgers 101.6
Brady 73.8

Hence Rodgers outplayed Brady.

You also can’t blame it all in Jones and ignore Rodgers pathetic deep red zone failures

I'm not putting all of the blame on Jones but his fumble was a major reason the Packers ended up losing that game. Rodgers is partly to blame for it as well for not being able to score a touchdown on their final possession as well.

Try this number Brady - 7 rings
Head to head post season Brady 1-0
Rodgers 0-1
People trying to elevate Rodgers anywhere CLOSE to Brady just look silly
I stopped somewhere around Brady’s 4th or 5th ring.
Brady does what he needs to do to win big games. Rodgers does not.

It's a fact Rodgers has put up better numbers in the playoffs than Brady. Unfortunately TB's teams had more success because he was surrounded by significantly more talent.

Yes Rodgers has played better against lesser postseason competition. Rodgers played 1 Super Bowl level Defense in all those postseason contests. Brady played 9 Superbowls.

For the record, Brady has played in 10 Super Bowls. But once again, Rodgers has a better passer rating in every single round of the playoffs, therefore level of competition isn't a valid explanation for his numbers to be superior.

Also take a peak at their regular season. Brady beats him there also.

Brady 28.06 average points per season
Rodgers 26.5 average points per season

So it’s not only the Defense that factored in those Wins. New England’s Offenses we’re better with Brady under center than the Packers with Rodgers under center.

Brady’s career average points for Offense
#5.68 ranked
Rodgers average points for Offense
#8.48 ranked
The average SB WINNING Defense rated to the nearest Whole # is 7 rated
The average SB WINNING Offense rated to the nearest Whole number? #8 rated
What is the probability when applied to Brady and Rodgers above? Just a Wee little bit off there.

Once again, Rodgers has put up better numbers in the regular season than Brady. Quarterbacks need 10 other players to perform well to have success and it seems Brady was surrounded with better talent on that side of the ball as well.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible GB and the Jets already have a trade worked out and are keeping it under wraps as part of the annual Draft Deception Plan?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way things are dragging out I doubt we are going to get a first. I guess the best I can hope for is an extra 2.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, but you would have to do that for every other team in the league if you want to compare them though.

I wasn't comparing the Packers offense to any other offense.

Rodgers threw as many touchdowns as Brady in that game. But he had only one interceptions compared to Brady's three.

Although you have said multiple times that Brady's 3 INTs were no different than punts.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As time lingers on here is my latest answer to the topic. There will be some sort of 2024 conditional pick. The glass half full guys believe it go as high as a 1st rounder. I am in the glass half empty group and believe it will be at best a 3rd rounder. Here is my 100% guaranteed to be 0% correct thoughts.
There are 2 trade scenarios agreed upon.
1. Jets get AR, pick #45 & GBs last 7th rounder (256 I believe). GB gets picks #42,43 & Jets 6th rounder (207 I believe) + the above mentioned 2024 conditional pick.
2. Jets get AR, pick #15 & GBs 2nd 7th rounder (235 I believe). GB get picks #13, 43 & Jets 6th rounder plus the 2024 conditional pick.
The decision which trade happens will be made after the 12th pick is in by the team with the most leverage. The half full guys believe that is GB & the half empty fellas believe it is NYJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.