What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Jets trade isn't going down until after the draft, then bring the Niners back into play, or ANY team that wants in, since 2023 draft capital would then no longer be relevant. Now you'd be dealing w/ 2024 picks and/or players.
Honestly, I would bring the 49'ers and anyone else in on the discussion that is interested, right now. I think most of it is probably just rumors. I can't imagine Gute saying to the 9'ers or any other team, "Nahhh, don't bother making us an offer, we kind of promised the guy to the Jets."

If the Jets are trying to pay as little as possible for Rodgers and they get wind of another deal being on the table, I can see them upping their anti. The Packers aren't in a great negotiating spot if that doesn't happen. If it does happen, the Jets have all but promised their fans that Rodgers is their QB, so it would get interesting. After typing this and rereading it, hell, if I was Gute, I might be tempted to tell the Jets "You know, your offer just isn't what we are looking for, lets talk after the draft."

While I prefer getting THIS years picks, since you know its value, common sense tells you that a "2024 1st round pick" is more valuable than a 2023 42nd or 43rd pick. Obviously, you get the player a year later, but that unknown 2024 1st rounder could suddenly become a top 5 pick (see Seattle Seahawks).

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Once again, the Jets were aware that it's possible Rodgers retires after playing only one season for them from the get-go. They didn't need him to tell them there's a chance of that happening. All they need to do to realize that is take a look at his birth certificate.
Do you know if he has one ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Jets trade isn't going down until after the draft, then bring the Niners back into play, or ANY team that wants in, since 2023 draft capital would then no longer be relevant. Now you'd be dealing w/ 2024 picks and/or players.
was just talking about that this morning. Someone asked if this was ever going to get done, and I said, if it's not done by the time we pick next Thursday it will be sometime in August or September and then some other teams come into play like the 9er's. I think the Jets want Rodgers more than GB needs picks to be in this draft. While the picks this year would be nice isn't nearly as nice as having the QB you want.

So, if the draft doesn't spur them into action, things could get interesting with another team or 2.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
PS. Can you imagine Rodgers having 2 hands filled with SB rings??! Brady handled it really well imo. Rodgers head would absolutely explode into a galaxy of Debris!
Just guessing, but AR covets his 4 MVP's, so I doubt he is feeling too outplayed by Brady. Brady only has 3 (if you don't count SB MVP's).

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just guessing, but AR covets his 4 MVP's, so I doubt he is feeling too outplayed by Brady. Brady only has 3 (if you don't count SB MVP's).
But what do the organisation get from the MVP awards ? Nothing, unless I`m missing something.

Reaction score
I’m sure Aaron Covets those I guess I would also. While I don’t love Cowturd. He was surmising that Brady has gotten under Rodgers skin over the yeaRs. Mentioning a shift in Rodgers personality after that second series of SB’s Brady got. He just separated himself as the true GOAT. He reminded me of how Aaron really changed in the second half of his career, as he was never this loose he went almost the opposite of Brady. He thinks Rodgers kinda compares himself to Brady and it’s why he’s gotten less structured and less team oriented as a way to try to distinguish himself as being cool or cutting edge or whatever. His next mark will be to say he made more $$ than Brady because he’s that egotistical. Which will be true after this season I believe?

For me? Superbowl MVP’s are counted Weightier over regular season accolades. It’s like a 1st Team All-Pro is to Probowl selections. Both are great, but 1st All-Pro is elite. It’s fun to beat up on lower competition in the North, but it’s another thing to Beat all 31 opponents.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One thing that happened on the Pat M show this offseason, well before any talks of trading Rodgers, that was very telling about him and will forever stick with me, was his MVP comment. In his desire to throw shade on Gute, he probably cast more on himself. He mentioned his 2 MVP's following the drafting of Jordan Love and that he could win another one, in the right situation. Failing to mention what is important to the team, Super Bowl wins.

Meanwhile, a guy like Patrick Mahomes shrugged off MVP talk and said that a Super Bowl win was far more important.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deflate gate! A child out of wedlock! A divorce! Huh, typing that did not make me feel any better about myself. What did I do wrong? What is your secret guys?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like every other person working in the United States of America"

I also assume that you know that only Free agents or players with no trade agreements have the right to choose where they work within the NFL? Even some Free Agents can be subject to waiver wire claims and not have that freedom of choice.

Finally, is Rodgers a free agent or does he have a no trade clause in his contract?

Now you are trying to back up what you started to say was a right of every American to add exceptions to your rule, by saying this:

"And that is how it works for every other person working in the USA. If youre really good at a job you can pretty much choose where you wanna work...if youre not so good at something youre going to be much more limited in your options."

I can name 30 pretty darn good football players, do you think they should all have the right to choose which team they play for? You know, because they are really good at their job.

Like every other American was in reference to avg hows not other nfl players.

Not true that only free agents and players with no trade clauses get to choose where they play. Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Lamar Jackson to name few very recent ones, all got to choose.

No Rodgers is not free and he does not have a no trade clause but weve already gone over the fact that plenty of players have gotten to choose their team and not met your imaginary conditions of the ability to choose

As far as my quote...yes everything is a spectrum, for the best at things they get more, while the worst at things get less. Most of the time, thats just the way capitalism works for the most part. Thats not walking anything back, thats attempting to explain it to you in a different way

Do i think they should have the right to choose? Yes of course but tgars not why they have the ability to choose. They have the ability to choose becas of my quote, you included in your post. And becas of what you said, if they are 30 of the best players, that means more than a few teams would love to be able to aquire/pay them. Lamar Jackson, given permission to seek a trade partner, found out nobody wanted to pay him

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Like every other American was in reference to avg hows not other nfl players.

Not true that only free agents and players with no trade clauses get to choose where they play. Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Lamar Jackson to name few very recent ones, all got to choose.

No Rodgers is not free and he does not have a no trade clause but weve already gone over the fact that plenty of players have gotten to choose their team and not met your imaginary conditions of the ability to choose

As far as my quote...yes everything is a spectrum, for the best at things they get more, while the worst at things get less. Most of the time, thats just the way capitalism works for the most part. Thats not walking anything back, thats attempting to explain it to you in a different way

Do i think they should have the right to choose? Yes of course but tgars not why they have the ability to choose. They have the ability to choose becas of my quote, you included in your post. And becas of what you said, if they are 30 of the best players, that means more than a few teams would love to be able to aquire/pay them. Lamar Jackson, given permission to seek a trade partner, found out nobody wanted to pay him
Again, your original premise was that like every other person living in the US, a football player should have the right to choose where he works, as well as dictate the details that allow for it to happen. For the most part, this isn't how it works in the NFL. Pointing out a few players that ended up having some choice, due to decisions made by others, doesn't add up to making your premise correct. Did Rodgers pick the Jets or did the Jets pick him? Did Davante Adams help dictate the terms of the trade? Where did Lemar Jackson choose to play?

You may wish for all those freedoms of choice, but I'll say it again, in the NFL, that isn't how it works, nor should it be.

D

Deleted member 6794

For me, it was Jets or Miami. even if we add in some of the more unlikely like Raiders, 49ers who would be an excellent destination, but have no capital to offer, that's what 4 teams? 2 of which were never serious contenders to me, so 2 teams?

In my opinion the Dolphins never were a realistic option either. As I have mentioned some weeks ago the Niners might end up becoming one if the Packers and Jets don't agree on a trade before the draft though.

i just hope we can get a deal done. Hopefully the Jets don’t wake up and have a WTF are we doing moment? Or watch the collective 4th quarters of his last 3 season ending losses. 10 of 23 for 89 yards one interception zero touchdowns 54 QBR

How did Rodgers gain another six passing yards since compared to the last 1,000 times you posted those numbers? :sneaky:

Funny when I see that because How many Championship level games has Brady Competed at the Conference level or Super Bowl level?? Honestly Too many to count it goes past all toes and fingers

How many Conference or SB level opponents has Rodgers competed against?? 6

Both Brady (82.7 passer rating in 14 games) and Rodgers (83.7 in five) have actually struggled in conference championships over their career. The huge difference being that Brady went 10-4 in those games because his defense gave up an average of 21.6 points while the Packers allowed 30.8 points per game. It's getting even worse when solely taking a look at Green Bay's losses as the defense allowed 35 points per game in those games.

Allowing more than nine points less per game makes a huge difference.

I’d also argue -+ 1% in Passer rating is splitting hairs close. As with anything there’s probably a margin of error around +-3% across a 100 units measurement (use polling as an example)
So therefore it’s not a tough conclusion to say that Brady played the same level as Rodgers… but against higher level competition

Dude, Rodgers has a better passer rating in playoff losses than Brady has in all playoff games. Overall, his passer rating is more than 11 points better than Brady's in the playoffs.

was just talking about that this morning. Someone asked if this was ever going to get done, and I said, if it's not done by the time we pick next Thursday it will be sometime in August or September and then some other teams come into play like the 9er's.

I highly doubt that it would take until August or September for Rodgers to get traded if it doesn't happen before the draft. It's probable the move would be agreed to after June 1 though.

One thing that happened on the Pat M show this offseason, well before any talks of trading Rodgers, that was very telling about him and will forever stick with me, was his MVP comment. In his desire to throw shade on Gute, he probably cast more on himself.

Actually that's only true for fans trying to spin everything Rodgers says publicly in a negative way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
deadlines produce action. I don't see either team get too anxious right now until draft day. After that, I don't see either team getting too anxious until training camps start and if that doesn't do it, another QB will have to go down and a new team jumps into the mix. Or GB gets close to paying Rodgers' bonus. June 1 could also be the target because of the cap implications, for all we know this has always been the date and the JEts, packers and Rodgers are all in on it to help create clicks for the NFL until then LOL

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deflate gate! A child out of wedlock! A divorce! Huh, typing that did not make me feel any better about myself. What did I do wrong? What is your secret guys?
It's good to see someone else get's it

Reaction score
I agree that it takes 3 phases to be successful. That Rodgers has absolutely lacked in other phases. Not even a doubt in my mind.
However you are still avoiding high profile games. Let’s exclude any early exits in Wildcard (total of just 3 games)

Rodgers has a 99.3% Passer when excluding his Lone Wilcard Loss
(2009)
6 total Conference or SB’s
29% of his postseason games “Elite”
4.6% Super Bowl level (1)

Brady has a 91.1% Passer when excluding his wildcard losses (2009/2019)
22 total Conference or SB’s
46% of his games were “Elite”
18.8% Super Bowl level (9)

Its an absolute fact that Brady played in both more and a higher % profile (Elite) contests. Yet you are grading them on the same scale. We make an adjustment for the 8 additional Conference level and 8 additional Superbowls Brady played in. It’s probably fair to argue 91.1 against a SB Defense is very comparable to 99.3 after factoring an unusual number of elite competition.

Brady had nearly Double the % of elite contests. It’s no different than what you said about Christian Watson playing inferior competition. It’s true, although he tore their heads off at 50 points per. Brady played in 4X as many Superbowls as Rodgers (see % above).

Any difference (~8.2% Passer) between these 2 QB’s is washed by a combination of level of competition and final results W or L in Postseason play. Which is the ultimate goal.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points. That really tells you how bad the GB defenses were and how good the NE defenses were since NE gave up less avg. points when playing against superior competition all of those times. The discrepancy between the defenses each QB played with is even greater than I thought. Thanks for doing the leg work and pointing that out. You are both a gentleman and a scholar.

D

Deleted member 6794

deadlines produce action. I don't see either team get too anxious right now until draft day. After that, I don't see either team getting too anxious until training camps start and if that doesn't do it, another QB will have to go down and a new team jumps into the mix. Or GB gets close to paying Rodgers' bonus. June 1 could also be the target because of the cap implications, for all we know this has always been the date and the JEts, packers and Rodgers are all in on it to help create clicks for the NFL until then LOL

I'm absolutely convinced that any team trading for Rodgers wants to him to be there for the start of training camp at the latest. Therefore I don't expect it will take until August or September for the trade to be completed.

However you are still avoiding high profile games. Let’s exclude any early exits in Wildcard (total of just 3 games)

Rodgers has a 99.3% Passer when excluding his Lone Wilcard Loss
(2009)
6 total Conference or SB’s
29% of his postseason games “Elite”
4.6% Super Bowl level (1)

Brady has a 91.1% Passer when excluding his wildcard losses (2009/2019)
22 total Conference or SB’s
46% of his games were “Elite”
18.8% Super Bowl level (9)

Its an absolute fact that Brady played in both more and a higher % profile (Elite) contests. Yet you are grading them on the same scale. We make an adjustment for the 8 additional Conference level and 8 additional Superbowls Brady played in. It’s probably fair to argue 91.1 against a SB Defense is very comparable to 99.3 after factoring an unusual number of elite competition.

Rodgers has a higher passer rating than Brady in every single round of the playoffs.

Rodgers:
Wild Card: 111.7
Divisional: 101.4
Conference Championship: 83.7
Super Bowl: 111.5

Brady:
Wild Card: 85.1
Divisional: 92.3
Conference Championship: 82.7
Super Bowl: 97.7

I'm well aware the sample size is small for Rodgers in Super Bowls. My point is that Brady wouldn't have made it to as many Super Bowls as he did by being surrounded with the same talent as Rodgers. In my opinion the numbers clearly support that.

Brady played in 4X as many Superbowls as Rodgers (see % above).

Just for the record, Brady has played in 10x as many Super Bowls as Rodgers.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The huge difference being that Brady went 10-4 in those games because his defense gave up an average of 21.6 points while the Packers allowed 30.8 points per game. It's getting even worse when solely taking a look at Green Bay's losses as the defense allowed 35 points per game in those games.

Even if the Packers defense had allowed only 21.6 points per game, the Packers offense only scored 20.6 points per game in those 5 conference championships.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As my main man oldschool would say. That is splitting hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts