Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Donald is a bush league punk. I’m 2 games I’ve seen him take repeated swings at people, take others helmets off and grab throats.

Check his juice levels too
He should have been ejected. First he rips the guy's helmet off, then takes a couple of swings. I guess he gets the superstar treatment.

Equally egregious was Cam Akers taunting Budda Baker after he was laid out. No penalty called either.

If we get past the 49ers, I'd like to see the Rams come to Lambeau so we can beat their ***e$ again.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers committing the massive amount of mental gaffes that the Cowboys did (14 penalties) and general 'What the hell was that' play calling.
Anybody miss Mike McCarthy? Decent coach, until game day. His decisions continue to be baffling.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah any team can lose if they don’t play with maximum effort, but MLF isn’t going anywhere. While there are cases where either team had the ball “bounce” the wrong way multiple times. I don’t see that here. This is a home game and we’ve got to capitalize on our turf. SF is a good team, but let’s be honest they really are not the best representative in the NFC. We owe to the Bucs to have a rematch.
May the best team win
The way the Rams dismantled AZ I think they'd handily whoop-*** on the Bucs this weekend.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until we see a different QB under center for the Packers for an entire year there is no reason to believe Rodgers hasn’t carried the Packers.

We already got a glimpse at what happens with Love in there. He’s an awful QB for sure but LaFleur didn’t do him any favors either. They had a terrible game plan for him in that Chiefs game really abandoning the run and panicking despite the game being still in reach.

I do think LaFleur is a good coach and runs a solid offense but Rodgers is absolutely carrying this team right now much like he has since taking over.
How far did Rodgers carry them in 2017 and 18? When we replaced McCarthy with LaFleur, we went from 7-9 and 6-9-1 to 3 straight years of 13-3. I'm not saying that's all LaFleur, but I'm not buying it's all Rodgers either. I think they both deserve a lot of credit.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way the Rams dismantled AZ I think they'd handily whoop-*** on the Bucs this weekend.

That's gonna be one hell of a game. I've been worried about the Bucs, but maybe I'm scared of the wrong team. It's not that often you see a team pile up 34 points while only throwing for 200 yards; they just played a completely dominant game in almost every single aspect.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I can find reasons why I wouldn't want to play all the remaining playoff teams, but I don't need to. I think this is one of the best teams that the Packers have had in a long time and given they are at home, they should have a clear path to the Super Bowl. Go out, play good (I didn't say great) defense, run your offense and you beat any and all of these teams. Packers could beat themselves with turnovers and penalties, but I don't see them doing that either. The atmosphere on Saturday is going to be nuts at Lambeau and the home team is going to be poised and ready to go.

Yeah, there is no reason Green Bay can't or shouldn't win this game. Like you, I think this is one of the best Packer teams we've had since the last Super Bowl, and this is our game to win or lose. San Francisco is obviously a very good team, but I don't think they're a great team, and if we can't beat them then we're not getting past the Bucs/Rams/Chiefs anyway. If you want to win a Lombardi, you have to be able to beat very good teams, because by the middle of January, that's pretty much the only kind of team left.

Unless we beat ourselves with turnovers or mistakes, I don't think the Niners can beat us without playing their very best game. And I believe our best game is definitely better than theirs, so our destiny is in our own hands. It's just up to the players to get out there and show that they truly are a championship team.

To be honest, I was hoping for the Cowboys, because I think we all know that playing Mike McCarthy in the post-season is like getting a half a bye. So OK, we gotta work a little harder, but we have every single tool we need to make it happen - including a coach with 4 playoff games under his belt, who is not likely to get outcoached the way he was a few times in his first two postseasons. Like everybody else on that sideline, LaFleur is ready for this run, and I think this is our year.

So bring 'em. I'm nervous about this game just like I am every other playoff game, but I'm not worried. I have faith in my team.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll this is gonna sound insane but does anyone else feel like if MLF somehow finds a way to lose this game on Saturday that his seat should start getting warm? He has to atleast make the SB this year. Shanny & McVay have already been there.
I don't think so.

However, if they fail to make the Super Bowl, I think he will be right next to Kyle Shanahan at the top of the list of "Coaches Who Can't Win The Big Game".

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Andy Reid make the NFCCG 4 years running without a win there?
Yeah, and he couldn't win the big game until 15 years later when he had a GOAT-level QB AND he was facing ANOTHER "coach who can't win the big game". :laugh:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dantés is it bad I'm kinda mad we were right about liking Elijah Mitchell so much and both of us believing he was a Day 3 draft priority? He has killed it for the Niners this year in the 10 games he has played...containing him could be tough for a team that has struggled mightedly at times with gap integrity.

Ettiedam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy to say but think if we can nullify Deebo and their decent pass rushing game we can pick apart their below par backfield pretty easily. they allow a ton of deep completions. Protect AR and he'll play 3 qtrs in this one.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy to say but think if we can nullify Deebo and their decent pass rushing game we can pick apart their below par backfield pretty easily. they allow a ton of deep completions. Protect AR and he'll play 3 qtrs in this one.

Honestly, and this could be foolish of me, I'm not worried a bit about us scoring on them - I'm concerned about us slowing their run game down and limiting long drives.

One aspect of all this "getting healthy" positions for us that could be an interesting factor to watch play out is the effect of it on special teams. Say we dress Mercilus and Zadarius. Neither of those guys will see more than 10-12 snaps most likely, IF that. Those are two crucial roster spots for guys that are not going to be out there on special teams. Cobb healthy....do we not make Amari gameday active instead of EQ, for EQ's ST role? Or lose EQ and go back to having Amari return....does Alexander taking a spot trickle into special teams?

Their offensive run game and our special teams are my only two worries honestly.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wonder (and worry) about which Packer defense is going to show up. They really need to take charge of this game from the outset. If the defense attacks, dictates play, and contains Samuel and Kittle, the offense ought to be able to take care of the rest. If those guys get loose and the Packers are chasing them all over the field like keystone cops, all bets are off. Pressure Garopollo enough, and he'll make mistakes. I'd love to see some power, possession football with Dillon pounding the ball and an air attack that picks apart that secondary. Tire that defense out and make them feel the tundra cold.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I expect SF to be over aggressive the first couple of drives. Lots of loaded boxes and sending extra rushers all in trying to create disruption early to get some momentum and quiet the crowd. That’s what worked in Dallas, SF literally hushed the crowd for 3.5 quarters.
I’d get the ball out quicker and decisively for some 5 yard chunks and keep their D on the field with a slow methodical bleeding. At some juncture we will need to test our Run game. If Dillon can rush for 6 yards a carry against Tampa last season, he should be good for 4-5 yards a carry in bulk. Wear them down early with a humiliating 75 yard, 7 minute drive.

Dillon only rushed the ball three times vs. the Bucs in last year's NFCCG. That's a way too small sample size to make any conclusions based on it.

And we were reminiscing about that game against Barry Sanders years ago where he was held to a negative yards in the first half. The guy repeatedly had 100+ rushing games so that was an incredible feat.

If we can shut down a dangerous Barry Sanders with a mediocre Run Defense? It’s proof that with determination and a solid counter attack, this D can imitate that performance.

Just for the record, Sanders finished the 1994 playoff game vs. the Packers with 13 carries for minus-1 yard. Unfortunately that won't mean anything come Saturday against the Niners.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wonder (and worry) about which Packer defense is going to show up. They really need to take charge of this game form the outset. If the defense attacks, dictates play, and contains Samuel and Kittle, the offense ought to be able to take care of the rest. If those guys get loose and the Packers are chasing them all over the field like keystone cops, all bets are off. Pressure Garopollo enough, and he'll make mistakes. I'd love to see some power, possession football with Dillon pounding the ball and an air attack that picks apart that secondary. Tire that defense out and make them feel the tundra cold.

I usually prefer to defer to second half...but wouldn't it be something special to pound them in the face with like a 20 play long time wasted drive right off the bat with our Quadfather? Set the tone early.

Ettiedam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeh run D has been an issue for a while and still got PTSD from vikings game. there is no way an average run game should take us down like that, cant happen in the playoffs! Deebo so unpredictable its defo a unique challenge. sportsbetting3.com has interesting odds on 1st half 9ers 2nd half GB which makes sense, maybe a bit of rust but ultimately take over in 3rd...

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly, and this could be foolish of me, I'm not worried a bit about us scoring on them - I'm concerned about us slowing their run game down and limiting long drives.

One aspect of all this "getting healthy" positions for us that could be an interesting factor to watch play out is the effect of it on special teams. Say we dress Mercilus and Zadarius. Neither of those guys will see more than 10-12 snaps most likely, IF that. Those are two crucial roster spots for guys that are not going to be out there on special teams. Cobb healthy....do we not make Amari gameday active instead of EQ, for EQ's ST role? Or lose EQ and go back to having Amari return....does Alexander taking a spot trickle into special teams?

Their offensive run game and our special teams are my only two worries honestly.
Well, the good news is that SF Special teams seem to suck too.

I heard some talk on this on a FB podcast. The Packers definitely have some juggling to do with the now healthy starters that may only get spot play and how that effects the active roster and special teams.

I think Amari will be a healthy scratch and Moore takes his spot. Moore plays WR. So no change.

Cobb is back and that probably bumps Winfree or ESB out and that depends on MVS's status. I think ESB has been doing more on ST's, so Winfree probably sits.

OL players (Bahk, Myers, maybe Turner). I think this gets a bit tricky with rotating fresh bodies. If Patrick moves to RG, you keep Newman and Yosh active for sure and maybe Kelly?

As far as Merc, Z, and Alexander on D. The spots are easy enough to swap out with Galeai, Garvin and SJC, but as you point out, special teams might be a problem.

I would say its a good "problem" to have, but I think some starters might have to rotate into a few of the special teams spots that guys like SJC, Galeai and Garvin were playing. Both Barns and Campbell are good candidates for that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that SF Special teams seem to suck too.

I heard some talk on this on a FB podcast. The Packers definitely have some juggling to do with the now healthy starters that may only get spot play and how that effects the active roster and special teams.

I think Amari will be a healthy scratch and Moore takes his spot. Moore plays WR. So no change.

Cobb is back and that probably bumps Winfree or ESB out and that depends on MVS's status. I think ESB has been doing more on ST's, so Winfree probably sits.

OL players (Bahk, Myers, maybe Turner). I think this gets a bit tricky with rotating fresh bodies. If Patrick moves to RG, you keep Newman and Yosh active for sure and maybe Kelly?

As far as Merc, Z, and Alexander on D. The spots are easy enough to swap out with Galeai, Garvin and SJC, but as you point out, special teams might be a problem.

I would say its a good "problem" to have, but I think some starters might have to rotate into a few of the special teams spots that guys like SJC, Galeai and Garvin were playing. Both Barns and Campbell are good candidates for that.

I concur with thoughts on WR room, I'm keep ESB active if able solely for STs - while we have lacked on coverage teams he seems to have the best "okay" to close to "good" games there. I don't expect he, Amari, winfree or moore to see more than 6 snaps total altogether offensively so no worry there from me as part of it.

You have to keep Yosh and Newman active without question...I also worry about Kelly spot - man this sucks....

SJC for sure is going to be a healthy scratch and I wonder if that means we see all but Alexander more on ST snaps?

It for sure is a good problem to have and way better than not having it. If lunch allows I may sit down and list out each group and see how quickly 46 hits....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It for sure is a good problem to have and way better than not having it. If lunch allows I may sit down and list out each group and see how quickly 46 hits....
I'm taking advantage of a beautiful day and hitting the ski slopes. So I will be interested to see what you come up with. The OL on punts and FG/XP attempts will be interesting as well. This is why you hire a really good ST coach, so maybe we find out if Drayton is THAT guy this Saturday.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have been ejected. First he rips the guy's helmet off, then takes a couple of swings. I guess he gets the superstar treatment.

Equally egregious was Cam Akers taunting Budda Baker after he was laid out. No penalty called either.

If we get past the 49ers, I'd like to see the Rams come to Lambeau so we can beat their ***e$ again.
there was no taunting,,why would you say that?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm taking advantage of a beautiful day and hitting the ski slopes. So I will be interested to see what you come up with. The OL on punts and FG/XP attempts will be interesting as well. This is why you hire a really good ST coach, so maybe we find out if Drayton is THAT guy this Saturday.

He isn't. I just hope he doesn't prove me right by A LOT

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll this is gonna sound insane but does anyone else feel like if MLF somehow finds a way to lose this game on Saturday that his seat should start getting warm? He has to atleast make the SB this year. Shanny & McVay have already been there.
comments like yours are uncalled for, is this so you can say, "I told you"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts