Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll this is gonna sound insane but does anyone else feel like if MLF somehow finds a way to lose this game on Saturday that his seat should start getting warm? He has to atleast make the SB this year. Shanny & McVay have already been there.

Clearly logic and soberness is not a prerequisite to posting....

Reaction score
I just hope this playoff game MLF and Rodges can decide between them to either pass the ball or run it in 4th. down,
so Rodgers doesn't leave Lambeau Field again with a big huff this off season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have been ejected. First he rips the guy's helmet off, then takes a couple of swings. I guess he gets the superstar treatment.

Equally egregious was Cam Akers taunting Budda Baker after he was laid out. No penalty called either.

If we get past the 49ers, I'd like to see the Rams come to Lambeau so we can beat their ***e$ again.
I thought the same thing. I don't know who I want to beat more, the Bucs or the bush league Rams. Both deserve a pounding. It's one thing to jump up and be a bit pumped, but when you see a guy having obvious spastic reactions in his upper extremity from the collision you back the **** off. It's not normal for that to happen and is the result of a pretty severe trauma and disrupted signals from the brain.

I get that he might not know it in that instant he pops up, but within a second a person with 2 eyeballs could tell Baker was in some trouble. he decided to take some steps over him and tell him to stay down. As if his neurologically impaired body had a choice at that moment. Would not have cared had someone pulled his helmet off and gave him a little head trauma as well. I'm getting sick of these ****ing punks playing football. it's football, you've never run anyone over before? BFD.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wonder (and worry) about which Packer defense is going to show up. They really need to take charge of this game from the outset. If the defense attacks, dictates play, and contains Samuel and Kittle, the offense ought to be able to take care of the rest. If those guys get loose and the Packers are chasing them all over the field like keystone cops, all bets are off. Pressure Garopollo enough, and he'll make mistakes. I'd love to see some power, possession football with Dillon pounding the ball and an air attack that picks apart that secondary. Tire that defense out and make them feel the tundra cold.
If we can keep them from running wild I think our pass rush with the return of Z and Mercilus will be enough to force Garopollo to screw up.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there was no taunting,,why would you say that?
If you watched the replay, after Akers got up, he walked past Budda and did a downward pushing motion three times as if to say 'stay down'. The referee on the broadcast said taunting should have been called. Akers claimed after the game that he didn't realize Budda was hurt, but Budda was spread eagled on the ground when Akers walked past him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
@Dantés is it bad I'm kinda mad we were right about liking Elijah Mitchell so much and both of us believing he was a Day 3 draft priority? He has killed it for the Niners this year in the 10 games he has played...containing him could be tough for a team that has struggled mightedly at times with gap integrity.

I'm not too mad about it. I liked Kylin Hill a lot and he looked great before getting hurt.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually prefer to defer to second half...but wouldn't it be something special to pound them in the face with like a 20 play long time wasted drive right off the bat with our Quadfather? Set the tone early.
I can’t tell you how much I like your post. I don’t think we should ever defer against teams with a decent or better offense because we give up so many early scores. Playing from ahead versus playing from behind early can have considerable impact in the outcome of any game, let alone one as important as this one, and even more so if weather adds a potentially negative component as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay possible juggling of actives. My thoughts follow in next comment/post @Pokerbrat2000 here you go

1Aaron Rodgers24Kenny Clark
2Jordan Love25Kingsley Keke
3Aaron Jones26Tyler Lancaster
4AJ Dillon27Dean Lowry
5Patrick Taylor28TJ Slaton
6Davante Adams29Rashan Gary
7Randall Cobb30Preston Smith
8Allen Lazard31Zadarius Smith
9Marquez Valdez-S…32Whitney Mercilus
10EQSB33Jonathan Garvin
11Mercedes Lewis34Krys Barnes
12Josiah Deguara35Devondre Campbell
13Tyler Davis36Oren Burks
14Bakhtiari37Isaiah McDuffie
15Runyan38Alexander
16Myers39Stokes
17Patrick40King
18Newman41Douglas
19Turner42Sullivan
20Yosh43Amos
21Wirtel44Savage
22Bojo45Scott
23Crosby46Black
KellyYiadom - 3rd most ST snaps
Moore - returner on ST?Heflin
Dafney - 19th snaps STSJC - 6th most ST Snaps
Amari - returner on ST?Galeai
Summers (IR) - 4th most ST snaps

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still fine taking the ball in the 2nd half to start. Yes it would be nice to come out with a 20 play pounding drive. I do not see that as our identity at all. We're slow starters on both sides. We just are, we aren't changing our spots this time of year. Could it happen? sure, we have a good offense, but i wouldn't count on it.

We're best after we've settled and get the flow of the game. I expect to have to withstand a very juiced up and pumped team in the 49er's. I expect that will make some fans panic. I expect we'll withstand that and then pour it on in the middle of the game and get the ball to start the 2nd half when our offense will be running efficiently and prepared and we'll put the game away.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one I see as most likely not on the 46 that is listed as such is Mercilus and/or Zadarius...I struggle to think both are active this week....so that is a spot and depend on Berry and staff deciding does that mean we roll with ST priority and Yiadom or Moore get the nod instead of him?

Another likely option is we roll with only 3 safeties instead of 4.

Getting that 3rd OL reserve (Kelly) with a just recently returned Bakh and Myers also may be a priority which could mean something gives elsewhere.

Do we risk it and enter with just Jones and Dillon at RB with packages with Deguara lined up beside Rodgers....

Is it too much to even assume Jaire dresses? Slaton could also be a healthy scratch but with the Niners run offense I think Berry will fight for DL depth.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that we are the only team with perfect home record this season!

Correct and oddly enough after being one of the most dinged up teams all year are the healthiest playoff team, if the report was right (I didn't research much so take it as you will).

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers fan here. Let me start off by saying I'm impressed with most of you. Packers fans seem mostly respectful and they tone down the trash talking. I've been to Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks and Cowboys forums the last few months and those sites are unbearable (especially the Seahawks site, the most delusional fanbase I've ever seen).

As for Saturday, it's going to be an interesting game. Early in the year, the 49ers were a mess. The low point was losing to the Arizona Cardinals JV team led by Colt McCoy and we were sitting at a disappointing 3-5 record. Since then though, the 49ers have been on a roll, going 7-2 in the last 9 and just knocked off Dallas. What makes the 49ers so good is that the pass rush is outstanding, which helps mask our terrible secondary. We also have a very good rush D. On offense, we have an outstanding run game because we rely on so much misdirection. Deebo is a do-it-all player that is explosive and frankly fun to player to watch. As you all know, Jimmy g is our weak spot. Friggin guy drives us nuts with his WTF passes. We were in firm control for 3 quarters against Dallas and Jimmy G decided to start playing like an idiot. But other than him, our offense is clicking. The 49ers are very physical and match up well with non physical teams like the Rams and Cowboys. If we don't have Bosa and Warner though, it could be a long day with no pass rush on Saturday.

With that said, this is the first time in a long time that the 49ers travel to Green Bay. I think 2013 playoffs was the last time? If this was in SF I'd be more confident, but I agree with you all, that this might be the best Packers team you've had in a while. Great D and obviously great offense. I think it'll be competitive because the 49ers barely ever get blown out. But our weak link (QB) is clearly your strength.

I have the Packers in a close game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, @eldapeeze ! What's your take on why Kittle hasn't been a focal point lately? Also, Aiyuk was severely in "the doghouse" early in the season but has become a 4-6 target guy since the revitalization... is he for real or Jimmy's best friend?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, @eldapeeze ! What's your take on why Kittle hasn't been a focal point lately? Also, Aiyuk was severely in "the doghouse" early in the season but has become a 4-6 target guy since the revitalization... is he for real or Jimmy's best friend?

Kittle is an excellent TE, but Deebo and the offensive system Kyle runs doesn't run through Kittle nor should. They are at their absolute deadliest when Kittle plays as a strong decoy and makes room for the more dangerous with the ball Mitchell and Samuel.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good question on Kittle. I've been surprised at his lack of targets. I think Deebo and Aiyuk are getting most of the looks because they've been playing so well.

As for Aiyuk in the doghouse early in the season, not totally sure. He did have drops in consecutive preseason games but I think Shanahan mismanages players at times. Once you get in his doghouse, it's hard to get out of it. Aiyuk has really rebounded though and it was a nice surprise.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kittle is an excellent TE, but Deebo and the offensive system Kyle runs doesn't run through Kittle nor should. They are at their absolute deadliest when Kittle plays as a strong decoy and makes room for the more dangerous with the ball Mitchell and Samuel.

Kittle is also a great blocker, so even if he's not catching the ball, he's making way for other players.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers fan here. Let me start off by saying I'm impressed with most of you. Packers fans seem mostly respectful and they tone down the trash talking. I've been to Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks and Cowboys forums the last few months and those sites are unbearable (especially the Seahawks site, the most delusional fanbase I've ever seen).

As for Saturday, it's going to be an interesting game. Early in the year, the 49ers were a mess. The low point was losing to the Arizona Cardinals JV team led by Colt McCoy and we were sitting at a disappointing 3-5 record. Since then though, the 49ers have been on a roll, going 7-2 in the last 9 and just knocked off Dallas. What makes the 49ers so good is that the pass rush is outstanding, which helps mask our terrible secondary. We also have a very good rush D. On offense, we have an outstanding run game because we rely on so much misdirection. Deebo is a do-it-all player that is explosive and frankly fun to player to watch. As you all know, Jimmy g is our weak spot. Friggin guy drives us nuts with his WTF passes. We were in firm control for 3 quarters against Dallas and Jimmy G decided to start playing like an idiot. But other than him, our offense is clicking. The 49ers are very physical and match up well with non physical teams like the Rams and Cowboys. If we don't have Bosa and Warner though, it could be a long day with no pass rush on Saturday.

With that said, this is the first time in a long time that the 49ers travel to Green Bay. I think 2013 playoffs was the last time? If this was in SF I'd be more confident, but I agree with you all, that this might be the best Packers team you've had in a while. Great D and obviously great offense. I think it'll be competitive because the 49ers barely ever get blown out. But our weak link (QB) is clearly your strength.

I have the Packers in a close game.
Well said. Everyone on here knows i'm very honest with my scores and don't show any favoritism. I really believe this will be a lopsided game in favor of Packers. All they have to do is stop your great running game like we did Ari. and it's all Packers O from there.

With that said....Packers 13 49ers 2

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay possible juggling of actives. My thoughts follow in next comment/post @Pokerbrat2000 here you go

1Aaron Rodgers24Kenny Clark
2Jordan Love25Kingsley Keke
3Aaron Jones26Tyler Lancaster
4AJ Dillon27Dean Lowry
5Patrick Taylor28TJ Slaton
6Davante Adams29Rashan Gary
7Randall Cobb30Preston Smith
8Allen Lazard31Zadarius Smith
9Marquez Valdez-S…32Whitney Mercilus
10EQSB33Jonathan Garvin
11Mercedes Lewis34Krys Barnes
12Josiah Deguara35Devondre Campbell
13Tyler Davis36Oren Burks
14Bakhtiari37Isaiah McDuffie
15Runyan38Alexander
16Myers39Stokes
17Patrick40King
18Newman41Douglas
19Turner42Sullivan
20Yosh43Amos
21Wirtel44Savage
22Bojo45Scott
23Crosby46Black
KellyYiadom - 3rd most ST snaps
Moore - returner on ST?Heflin
Dafney - 19th snaps STSJC - 6th most ST Snaps
Amari - returner on ST?Galeai
Summers (IR) - 4th most ST snaps
Assuming the walking wounded all return as hoped:
Unless they are ST stalwarts I don't recall hearing about, sit Mcduffie and Taylor and possibly Black. I don't think you need a 9th LB. Gamble with the 3rd RB not being needed.
Roll with Kelly as a security blanket for 1 of the 3 wounded OL reinjuring or lack of stamina. As the 8th OL, isn't that spot "free" for the game day roster?"
Use Moore as #6 WR and returner.
Dafney has seen more than a few offensive snaps IIRC.
Roll with one of Black, Yiadom, SJC, or if healthy Summers for the last spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts