Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay possible juggling of actives. My thoughts follow in next comment/post @Pokerbrat2000 here you go

1Aaron Rodgers24Kenny Clark
2Jordan Love25Kingsley Keke
3Aaron Jones26Tyler Lancaster
4AJ Dillon27Dean Lowry
5Patrick Taylor28TJ Slaton
6Davante Adams29Rashan Gary
7Randall Cobb30Preston Smith
8Allen Lazard31Zadarius Smith
9Marquez Valdez-S…32Whitney Mercilus
10EQSB33Jonathan Garvin
11Mercedes Lewis34Krys Barnes
12Josiah Deguara35Devondre Campbell
13Tyler Davis36Oren Burks
14Bakhtiari37Isaiah McDuffie
15Runyan38Alexander
16Myers39Stokes
17Patrick40King
18Newman41Douglas
19Turner42Sullivan
20Yosh43Amos
21Wirtel44Savage
22Bojo45Scott
23Crosby46Black
KellyYiadom - 3rd most ST snaps
Moore - returner on ST?Heflin
Dafney - 19th snaps STSJC - 6th most ST Snaps
Amari - returner on ST?Galeai
Summers (IR) - 4th most ST snaps
don't forget that the new rules say that you can have 48 active as long as 8 of them are ol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming the walking wounded all return as hoped:
Unless they are ST stalwarts I don't recall hearing about, sit Mcduffie and Taylor and possibly Black. I don't think you need a 9th LB. Gamble with the 3rd RB not being needed.
Roll with Kelly as a security blanket for 1 of the 3 wounded OL reinjuring or lack of stamina. As the 8th OL, isn't that spot "free" for the game day roster?"
Use Moore as #6 WR and returner.
Dafney has seen more than a few offensive snaps IIRC.
Roll with one of Black, Yiadom, SJC, or if healthy Summers for the last spot.

I concur if all that might be healthy are in (Mercilus and such) the most likely spot to be pulled are a Safety, McDuffie and even that 3rd RB

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most recent story I can find that mentions what you did @realitybytez was a 2020 Spring article by SB Nation. Can anyone link to NFL rules ( I am not sure where it would listed).

That would solve the Kelly hurdle and probably mean Braden or even Hanson is there as well for safe measure.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should put Moore back to return punts.
I agree but I could see an NFL coach saying something like he hasn’t proven himself enough as a returner even though our current returner hasn’t proven himsel
How far did Rodgers carry them in 2017 and 18? When we replaced McCarthy with LaFleur, we went from 7-9 and 6-9-1 to 3 straight years of 13-3. I'm not saying that's all LaFleur, but I'm not buying it's all Rodgers either. I think they both deserve a lot of credit.

I posted that in a different thread. Rodgers carried those teams as well because they were completely talentless teams. You had Rodgers, Adams, and Bak on offense and defense basically had Clark. The rest were just really bad players. So many Packers fans are scared to say it but TT towards the end really screwed up this team. Almost any direction he took the team was the wrong one. So many compound mistakes. Drafting Rollins and and Randall led to the departure of Hayward and Hyde. Both Randall and Rollins stunk which led to the drafting of King. Signing an often injured Nick Perry to a long term deal after just one productive season led to us not leaning more into drafting Watt. The fact those 2017 and 18 teams finished outside the bottom 10 is a wonder in itself.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not expecting him to get fired or anything but by warm I mean the fanbase may start to side eye him if he finds a way to get out coached on Saturday.
It could go the opposite direction. If we beat up on SF, there shouldn’t be any questioning the abilities of the Green Bay Packers led by LaFleur
SF is top 10 in points allowed AND points scored. As Dantés pointed out they are on a pretty stellar steamroll. If we play them good and get a W? There’s no team that we can’t beat.

This game is our litmus test

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
personally, i'd rather face garofolo

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Why? Lance is 41/71 for a 57.7% completion rate. 5 TD's, 2 INT's. 38 rushes for 168 yds. for 4.4 yds/run. Is the thought that he'll possibly kill us like Kaepernick did? Keep contain & force him to throw or be sacked... I'm a LOT less worried about Lance than Jimmy.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Lance is 41/71 for a 57.7% completion rate. 5 TD's, 2 INT's. 38 rushes for 168 yds. for 4.4 yds/run. Is the thought that he'll possibly kill us like Kaepernick did? Keep contain & force him to throw or be sacked... I'm a LOT less worried about Lance than Jimmy.
me too. but i'm a lot less worried about janeane than jimmy or lance.

Reaction score
One thing MLF has over MM is Matt's teams do not kill themselves with stupid penalties.
What I want to know is why in the world did Dallas hurry to get a play in with 2:10 and clock running left in the game as it was clearly no one was prepared hustling to the line and it wasted a down.
Dallas caught up and was down by 6 points to Win. They were already in SF territory and had all 3 Timeouts plus a 2 minute warning.
That was an opportunity to game plan the next series and burn a minute off the clock getting near the Redzone with a couple timeouts. I thought Dak was going to spike the ball for a second. Total waste of a play on an ultra critical drive and lack of ability to formulate a plan.
2 minutes and 4 Timeouts (2min) from the 49ers 47 yard line is more than enough time it’s an eternity. Normally you’d save a FG timeout but that wasn’t the case.
It was 2nd and 11 after Dak just got sacked (-1) Regroup and use the 2min warning. You ideally want to score with under :30 sec to not leave SF with a FG drive to take back the lead anyway. Why the hurry that was more a burn the clock drive.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because there is a fear of the unknown coupled with a running QB that will have people concerned. For whatever reason, peoples concerns double whenever the backup is inserted. I figure if the 49ers were starting a 5th string QB, some people would collapse in fear and would probably combust like a vampire in sunlight.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At home, extra week of rest to get healthy. There’s no excuse to not win this game decisively if “we’re for real”

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez..if you listen to any sports talk you would think the Packers were 7-10 this season. I think people are too stuck on what happened in the NFC Championship Game 2 years ago. Both teams are different from then. There is a reason why they are favored by 5.5 points..playing a dinged up team..on a shorter week while returning 8 starter quality players. Anything could happen.but. I think Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder..he knows it could be his last hurrah.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers committing the massive amount of mental gaffes that the Cowboys did (14 penalties) and general 'What the hell was that' play calling.
I know they committed a lot of penalties but those officials were flag happy. What happened to let them play? I sure hope they are not our officials.

Latest posts