Disturbing lack of young talent.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I long for the Wolf/Holmgren years when the players we cut were better than some that start now. Special team play is a fairly good barometer of how much young talent and overall team depth. It does not look very good right now. Most of the blame for this goes back to giving Sherman the GM job..........BIG MISTAKE.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...hes not the GM anymore. Collins is good...rodgers coulda been a #1 pick....let the new era grow and then judge. i dont like shermans decisions either..but...nothing we can do, complaining about it, especially since he aint the GM anymore...is pointless.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if there was a trend of preseason stats
ecords to regular season..id definitely agree...but..its not. its..just..not.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
I long for the Wolf/Holmgren years when the players we cut were better than some that start now. Special team play is a fairly good barometer of how much young talent and overall team depth. It does not look very good right now. Most of the blame for this goes back to giving Sherman the GM job..........BIG MISTAKE.

I tried to tell you that the Packers future was not very good. They are a team in decline and it is going to be a fast and ugly fall.
Favre is the heart and soul of that team and with out him being able to carry them like he has done for the last decade they are no better than a .500 team at best. I have seen a lot of football in my time, I understand the game, I have seen a great team slip into mediocrity myself and the signs are all there.
Not only are things going to be down hill from here but there is no real reason to be optimistic for the immediate future either. They have no defense what so ever and the offense is in decline big time.
I made this statement back in June and I will stand by it.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well...hes not the GM anymore.
What's your point? The damage is done. You can't solve several years of GOD AWFUL management in one preseason.

Collins is good...rodgers coulda been a #1 pick....
Rodgers WAS a number one pick. Not quiet following you here...

Let the new era grow and then judge. i dont like shermans decisions either..but...nothing we can do, complaining about it, especially since he aint the GM anymore...is pointless.
How exactly are you defining a "new era"?? What, Sherman no longer being the GM? Well, that's a start, but it doesn't exactly define New Era. It has much less to do wth "complaining about it" than it does with being pissed off that a franchise headed in the right direction was driven into the ground. I have every right to be pissed off.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think you like me. You always argue with me. lol

1. my point on sherman not being the GM anymore, is he can no longer bury us into the ground any mroe with getting guys like hunt...and drafting punters in the 3rd round. wipe your forehead, and go "phew." Those days are over.

2. Rodgers wasnt a #1 pick, he was a...26? what number did we have? My point is, he coulda gone 1st in the draft, but we got him. I like a GM who doesnt ignore that. Sherm woulda got...ugh..i dont even wanna think about it.

3. yes, new era, is new regime. new GM. Just because sherm got the guys he got, doesnt mean they will be staying now. Sherm shoulda sad hunt a lot earlier last year for Jenkins before he did it. But he did not do it cuz it woulda made him look like he made a bad move. Now, sherm can only work with what he has, and if a guy is bad...ill hope he wont be on the team too much longer. You think guys like Hunt and carroll will be spending the next 2-4 years in GB? if sherm was GM, probably, but hes not. And they wont. We are heading in the right direction now. Collins,KGB,Kampman,Jenkins,Barnett,Diggs,Harris...its a good base...and TT has a tough job to do, but it shouldnt get any worse.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yes, new era, is new regime. new GM. We are heading in the right direction now. Collins,KGB,Kampman,Jenkins,Barnett,Diggs,Harris...its a good base...and TT has a tough job to do, but it shouldnt get any worse.

Harris is 30, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila 27, Diggs 27, Navies 28, Hunt 29 and Jackson is 32 going on 50.
This is not a young up and coming defense and not one of them would be starting for the Bears.
Here are the ages of the Bears best defensive players:
Urlacher 27, Tillman 23, Briggs 25, A. Brown 26, Harris 22, Haynes 25, Hillenmeyer 25, Johnson 24, Ogunleye 27, Scott 23, Vasher 24, M. Brown 27.
Not only are they a very good defese but should be one for years to come.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
yes, new era, is new regime. new GM. We are heading in the right direction now. Collins,KGB,Kampman,Jenkins,Barnett,Diggs,Harris...its a good base...and TT has a tough job to do, but it shouldnt get any worse.

Harris is 30, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila 27, Diggs 27, Navies 28, Hunt 29 and Jackson is 32 going on 50.
This is not a young up and coming defense and not one of them would be starting for the Bears.
Urlacher 27, Tillman 23, Briggs 25, A. Brown 26, Harris 22, Haynes 25, Hillenmeyer 25, Johnson 24, Ogunleye 27, Scott 23, Vasher 24, M. Brown 27.

Yeah, a bunch of players that are used to losing year in and year out, getting high draft picks year in and year out and never amounting to much of anything. By the way, has Urlacher EVER made it a full season without getting injured? The guy is great, don't get me wrong, but injury-prone to say the least. The Bears are right now in the exact opposite mode as GB - decent defense, no offense. The Bears won't win simply b/c they can't hold teams to under 17 points and their offense can't score.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

Yeah, a bunch of players that are used to losing year in and year out, getting high draft picks year in and year out and never amounting to much of anything. By the way, has Urlacher EVER made it a full season without getting injured? The guy is great, don't get me wrong, but injury-prone to say the least. The Bears are right now in the exact opposite mode as GB - decent defense, no offense. The Bears won't win simply b/c they can't hold teams to under 17 points and their offense can't score.

Injury prone? You had better go back and check on that one.
Urlacher had not missed a start in every year of his carrer and had never been injured untill last year.
They have this little thing called "Goggle" on the internet. Do a quick search before talking about something that you know nothing about. :stop:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

Urlacher had not missed a start in every year of his carrer and had never been injured untill last year.
They have this little thing called "Goggle" on the internet. Do a quick search before talking about something that you know nothing about. :stop:

goggle.coml sent me to a website advertising spy bouncer. You make it too easy for me, Phil.

PS- good luck with Orton

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

goggle.coml sent me to a website advertising spy bouncer. You make it too easy for me, Phil.

PS- good luck with Orton

Orton is going to make rookie mistakes but Hutcinson was doing that and worse. He is not an NFL QB and Orton should have never been in this situation so soon. Jerry Angelo is a complete moron.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Phil...Got Moose in my fantasy team...

You guys are going to find a way to get him the ball, right?

I can't see that $$$$$$$ going to waste.

I shouldn't believe all the: "It's the bears...He'll be horrible," stuff. :lol:

As for us...well, there is a mess to clean up...Prob make this year a tough one...Vikes will prob bumble their way to it...Special teams...wow, even worse...But that can be addressed also....

I don't see an extended period of horror, we have smart people working for the Pack...TT, Sherm, and Bates will straighten things out ASAP...And get Brett his shot at one more Super Bowl run. Unfortunatly...This D is going to take a year or two. Tough pill to swallow...But not the end of the world.

Plus...Not sure if I'm crazy about A.Green anymore :roll: When was the last time we saw a long dash to glory? I wouldn't sign him this off-season...

Use the money on that D stud that would be the next step to getting our D mess straight.

Move some money around.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:

As for us...well, there is a mess to clean up...Prob make this year a tough one...Vikes will prob bumble their way to it...Special teams...wow, even worse...But that can be addressed also....

I don't see an extended period of horror, we have smart people working for the Pack...TT, Sherm, and Bates will straighten things out ASAP...And get Brett his shot at one more Super Bowl run. Unfortunatly...This D is going to take a year or two. Tough pill to swallow...But not the end of the world.

Plus...Not sure if I'm crazy about A.Green anymore :roll: When was the last time we saw a long dash to glory? I wouldn't sign him this off-season...

Use the money on that D stud that would be the next step to getting our D mess straight.

Move some money around.

I really do not say the Packers are falling just to upset people. It's just my opinion and all that matters are the games played on the field right?
The trick to rebuilding is to not let it turn into a 10 year deal. Some teams rebound quickly but you need a good nucleus in place and smart football people making the decisions. This is why the Bears have struggled for so long. They have a clueless owner and GM and the decisions made by Dave Wannstedt were brutal and have taken years to recover from.
Orton will start before he should have thanks to Angelo but they had little choice. I know that he is not a savior and I just hope that the kid does not get killed.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
MajicMan said:

Move some money around.

I really do not say the Packers are falling just to upset people. It's just my opinion and all that matters are the games played on the field right?
The trick to rebuilding is to not let it turn into a 10 year deal. Some teams rebound quickly but you need a good nucleus in place and smart football people making the decisions. This is why the Bears have struggled for so long. They have a clueless owner and GM and the decisions made by Dave Wannstedt were brutal and have taken years to recover from.
Orton will start before he should have thanks to Angelo but they had little choice. I know that he is not a savior and I just hope that the kid does not get killed.

Okay...So maybe Moose WAS a bad choice. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts