Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lol Brandon Staley is acceptable but not Wink Martindale…

I think that Staley is young/innovative to the extent that he’s more likely to bounce back. But neither would be my preference.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Anyone who is a fan of bringing in Martindale, could you explain to me what about his track record over the last three seasons makes him an attractive option?

Reaction score
Anyone who is a fan of bringing in Martindale, could you explain to me what about his track record over the last three seasons makes him an attractive option?
I think they like his movie-star like name? They’d probably lobby for the **** Van Dyke Show.. if he had coached Defenses :laugh:

Reaction score
I’d consider Tony Oden, who is currently with the NY Jets. He replaced Joe Woods, who was the former DC of Cleveland and is now with the Saints
He also knows how to win and was promoted under Sean Payton and was stolen away by Robert Saleh from the 49ers staff 3 years ago. He possesses extensive experience and knowledge after previously being with multiple NFC teams as a Coach with Tampa Bay, NO, SF and Detroit.

Oden is a DB’s coaching version of Tom Clements to QB’s. His specific trademark has been taking a group of young players and making them formidable.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Staley is young/innovative to the extent that he’s more likely to bounce back. But neither would be my preference.

Fair enough. I completely disagree, but I understand the argument for Staley’s potential to grow as a coach.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me your case for Wink.

Um...he's not Joe Barry...but seriously I'll throw my hat in for Al Harris...he's young, has direct connection to a successful defensive unit, with ties to the organization. A former player and a successful one will command respect in the locker room.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly hope MLF has at least recently contacted Jim Leonhard to gauge his football future plans. This Yardbarker writer just floated Leonhard as a dark-horse Seahawks DC candidate. I'd like him to stay in-state, please.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honest question. Now that the New England HC job is out of the picture what about Vrabel. I'm not sure he'll get another HC offer right away. He may want to back down a notch and build his rep up again. He was only DC in Tennessee for 1 year and it seems like the titans were middle of the pack in most stats.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Honest question. Now that the New England HC job is out of the picture what about Vrabel. I'm not sure he'll get another HC offer right away. He may want to back down a notch and build his rep up again. He was only DC in Tennessee for 1 year and it seems like the titans were middle of the pack in most stats.
The longer we play, the fewer options we'll have for DC. Bringing home the Lombardi will basically empty the "good" DC pool and we'll end up with what we got or we'll just be shuffling the deck chairs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The longer we play, the fewer options we'll have for DC. Bringing home the Lombardi will basically empty the "good" DC pool and we'll end up with what we got or we'll just be shuffling the deck chairs.
I'd be OK with a deeper playoff run, as it would mean Barry's head is no longer in his descending colon. Play mistake-free, aggressive game & leave Dallas with a win is a great start.

Reaction score
I'd be OK with a deeper playoff run, as it would mean Barry's head is no longer in his descending colon. Play mistake-free, aggressive game & leave Dallas with a win is a great start.
Players and Coaches do go through phases like athletes do. Here’s to hoping our DC was just going through a phase and he has a Coaching resurgence through piggybacking on the wake of Chicago. He made Fields look bordering on silly.

Get me <21 pts/game in the playoffs and a couple W’s and we’ll revisit the DC topic. Conversely, allowing >30pts/GM and I’ll have security drag him out! :coffee:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly hope MLF has at least recently contacted Jim Leonhard to gauge his football future plans. This Yardbarker writer just floated Leonhard as a dark-horse Seahawks DC candidate. I'd like him to stay in-state, please.
Wisconsin isnt exactly lighting it up lately. At least not against The Cougs LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry will be the DC this coming season. That is not going to change. The majority of the stats put up by the Cowboys yesterday was when the Packers went into their prevent defense which only helps a little to burn clock. I think LeFleur tells him when it's time to do it. If that's what people are using to suggest he should be dumped, it's a bogus theory.

After next year, all best are off. But I'd bet a shiny nickel they get him some real help on defense in the upcoming draft, and they will be a much better unit.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Barry will be the DC this coming season. That is not going to change. The majority of the stats put up by the Cowboys yesterday was when the Packers went into their prevent defense which only helps a little to burn clock. I think LeFleur tells him when it's time to do it. If that's what people are using to suggest he should be dumped, it's a bogus theory.

After next year, all best are off. But I'd bet a shiny nickel they get him some real help on defense in the upcoming draft, and they will be a much better unit.

It would take an epic beating at the hands of the 49ers to get him fired at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.