David Bakhtiari signs 4-year extension

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again though, are those numbers set or are they estimates.
All cap numbers are estimates until the Super Bowl happens, iirc. The majority of the numbers from the TV deal (which is going up) but other revenues fluctuate (ticket sales.)

I believe the official number is announced just before the start of the league year and then applies once the year starts.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All cap numbers are estimates until the Super Bowl happens, iirc. The majority of the numbers from the TV deal (which is going up) but other revenues fluctuate (ticket sales.)

I believe the official number is announced just before the start of the league year and then applies once the year starts.
Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Question for anybody who has paid attention. Other than the last couple of years obviously has the cap ever gone up less than expected. It seems that most years we would hear numbers bandied about for a while but when it got closer and the number was actually set it almost always ended up being higher than predicted. Ha sit ever been lower than predicted?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Question for anybody who has paid attention. Other than the last couple of years obviously has the cap ever gone up less than expected. It seems that most years we would hear numbers bandied about for a while but when it got closer and the number was actually set it almost always ended up being higher than predicted. Ha sit ever been lower than predicted?

Yeah, we got bit by covid attendance issues, which lowered revenue, which lowered the cap, etc. And the league and union agreed to re-pay the shortages over multiple years vs. having 2021 be 75% (or whatever it was scheduled to be) that 2020.

The cap is a percentage of revenue, so until the books close and whatever accounting firm audits and confirms everything (or whatever process the NFL uses) they don't know the starting number.

In normal years, I don't think the estimates have been off significantly. Sometimes the worst "higher than we thought" was in the 2M range. We've been pleasantly surprised up to the 12M range....I think.

Members online

Latest posts