Cowboys sign WR coach

OP
OP
GWheels

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really can't teach concentration. Except for Nelson and Jones we have pretty sure handed receivers. Just hope Kevin Greene sticks around a while.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** the cowboys. more fuel for the hatred of them.

i bet jaworski's ******* still predicts them to win the superbowl.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really can't teach concentration. Except for Nelson and Jones we have pretty sure handed receivers. Just hope Kevin Greene sticks around a while.

but you can teach them how to keep their eyes on the ball and not to start looking up field before the ball gets there. I've seen ALL the WR's do that, even Driver who should know better. Probably just time for Robinson to move on and and it's why MM let him walk away

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only question is why would he make a lateral move? Have fun working with the D-bag 2nd year player. He is supposedly more than a handful to deal with.

OP
OP
GWheels

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but you can teach them how to keep their eyes on the ball and not to start looking up field before the ball gets there. I've seen ALL the WR's do that, even Driver who should know better. Probably just time for Robinson to move on and and it's why MM let him walk away
they teach you to keep your eyes on the ball before you run in Pop Warner and at every level. Some players just can't seem to concentrate on a consistent basis with it. You can coach a player and go through dozens of drills but ultimately it's either you have it or you don't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
they teach you to keep your eyes on the ball before you run in Pop Warner and at every level. Some players just can't seem to concentrate on a consistent basis with it. You can coach a player and go through dozens of drills but ultimately it's either you have it or you don't.

yup

its like teaching a player not to fumble.. You can teach him the proper technique, and he may apply it, but if he still fumbles not the coaches fault

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garrett is creeping me out. This is the 2nd story of a coach going to the cowboys who has ties to him......WHEN HE WAS A QB on the active roster and the respective coach was a coach of that team. That just doesn't sound right. (I'm going to make a lateral move from a team where I just won a super bowl to a team where the old backup qb I used to coach has now surpassed me by 2 levels on the coaching food chain and is now my boss????) Sounds like some scientology cult **** goin on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe its close to "home" maybe cant stand the cold, maybe he cant stand MM or Ted

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would pay 5 times the going rate right now for the bears special teams coach. That guy is the only good coach they have. It would be worth it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they suffer from ADD, focus is something teachable. So is catching the ball properly.

I'm not saying Robinson didn't know how to teach, he probably did.

But there's a chance the players simply didn't respond well to his method of teaching.

Where there any notable improvements from any WRs since Robinson has been here? Maybe Jennings, who attends the Fitzgerald minicamp early on, but I don't think any of our receivers are better than they were the time they were drafted...

Maybe on route running, something I can't properly see with the TV feed.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Only thing I can say in James Jones defense is that some of his drops were when a defender had a chance to make a play on the ball... when a football is coming towards you and someone gets their hands in front of it and either tries to knock it down or pick it, it really throws off your conentration and depth perception because of that defenders hands... one slip up of the eyes and it is a for sure drop... I have been guilty of this in my football playing days... although some of his drops have been throws that were right in his hands with no distractions... He will need to work on that in the offseason... Concentration is the key... I dont think he has bad hands... he just need to focus on the ball and not objects that might be in front of it... Just like Baseball catchers... I dont know how they focus on the ball when someone is swinging a bat at it... maybe we should hire a Catchers coach from the MLB... just my .02

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I can say in James Jones defense is that some of his drops were when a defender had a chance to make a play on the ball... when a football is coming towards you and someone gets their hands in front of it and either tries to knock it down or pick it, it really throws off your conentration and depth perception because of that defenders hands... one slip up of the eyes and it is a for sure drop... I have been guilty of this in my football playing days... although some of his drops have been throws that were right in his hands with no distractions... He will need to work on that in the offseason... Concentration is the key... I dont think he has bad hands... he just need to focus on the ball and not objects that might be in front of it... Just like Baseball catchers... I dont know how they focus on the ball when someone is swinging a bat at it... maybe we should hire a Catchers coach from the MLB... just my .02

I kinda caught that also. In the SB, most of the drops came after the defender's hands were in Jones and Nelson's vision. I think they lose focus then.

Members online

Latest posts