Comparison, Saints and Packers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone watched New Orleans today, just so you know, they gave up ZERO sacks to the Vikings. The Vikings, with Jared Allen, the team that gave Rodgers so much hell with their pass rush. And on top of comparing O-lines, look how banged up ours is now. I may take some heat for saying this, but the Saints have a far better O-line than the Packers. Go ahead and call me names, but today proved it for me, just like they gave up zero sacks to the Giants and the Giants were all over us the entire game. I seriously, do not, do not, DO NOT want them in the playoffs.

The Packers offensive line is absolutely awful right now, Rodgers has literally no time to find an open receiver.

The Saints are peaking at the right moment and are probably going to face the Packers in the NFCG. I just really hope the Packers can get red hot like last year also...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Packers offensive line is absolutely awful right now, Rodgers has literally no time to find an open receiver.

The Saints are peaking at the right moment and are probably going to face the Packers in the NFCG. I just really hope the Packers can get red hot like last year also...

Yeah it's out there, but they also have another advantage on us besides the O-line, and that is running the ball. Regardless what anyone thinks, we ran the ball very well at the end of the season last year, and it helped greatly. It may be a quarterback league, but when you run the ball and have a good QB, it makes a world of difference besides telling your QB to put it in the air so many times.

MikeBrownPunkedMe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the Saints live yesterday. Scary good. O Line was terrific, Brees was outstanding, Receiver Corps is solid, outstanding TE play, Defense looked good with a great pass rush, touchback every time from their kicker, poor punter never got a chance, running game is average, but here is what makes them great right now: their screen game is fantastic. Super fast backs, you have to respect the WR's and TE so you drop into coverage, and then they run that screen at you.

My prediction: The Super Bowl Champion will be decided at Lambeau Field in the NFC Championship game between the Pack and the Saints.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it's out there, but they also have another advantage on us besides the O-line, and that is running the ball. Regardless what anyone thinks, we ran the ball very well at the end of the season last year, and it helped greatly. It may be a quarterback league, but when you run the ball and have a good QB, it makes a world of difference besides telling your QB to put it in the air so many times.

vs Oakland and KC, how was Grant? Better then anything we had all year I think

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees still has not proven he can win in the cold in January. 28 degrees Chicago in 2006 27/49 passing. 40 degrees Seattle last year 39/60 passing. He went 31/43 in 2004 with San Diego but that was a home game in 55 degree weather. Lambeau will not be 55 in late January. I'm not saying he sucks but for some reason he's not the same away from the dome

Reaction score
Let's not get it twisted. We looked great and our defense actually looked like it belonged in the NFL against Minnesota as well. Brees is a great QB, that's for sure but I think the New Orleans love is a bit much. This is the same team that got beaten by the Rams and the Bucs and had Tennessee had a veteran QB at the helm towards the end of that game, they would have lost that one too. Don't think the Packers don't hear the talk that the Saints are the team to beat in the NFC.