CBA extension a good sign?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
imo, it's a bad sign, cause the true deadline has passed and they were unable to come to an agreement. Although I think all this is just a (possible) publicity stunt to keep ESPN talking about nfl in the offseason.

And didn't they extend it one day, and now their extending it 7 days? If they haven't been able to come to an agreement in the last 2 months, I don't see how 7 more days will help :\

Hopefully however, Rodger Goodell will dismount off his high horse and get this solved, it would be his first good move as Commish.

edit: I guess it's better news than "Rodger Goodell and Demaurice Smith had to be pulled off of each other at a local holiday inn, No reports yet if Goodell's injuries are serious"

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they have made more head way in the last 2 days than they have had made in two months. So hopefully it's a good sign. Unless it's just agreeing to have the happy hour at the hotel bar extended an hour.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it's a good sign. The owners got caught committing fraud and had their golden goose taken from them by the judge. Now they have to get a deal done. 90% chance we have 18 games

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL actually has a reason to fear another Reggie white lawsuit now

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owners are worried now because they don't get the 4 billion guaranteed TV money. Also, if there is no deal the union will decertify and players can sue owners and then they will be in even bigger doodoo!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Owners are worried now because they don't get the 4 billion guaranteed TV money. Also, if there is no deal the union will decertify and players can sue owners and then they will be in even bigger doodoo!

If they decertify they leave negotiations up to the courts and the players dont want that..

At least Derrick Brooks said that on 1st and 10 this morning

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they decertify they leave negotiations up to the courts and the players dont want that..

At least Derrick Brooks said that on 1st and 10 this morning

Actually players do want it since each individual player can then take his employer basically the owners to court and sue them!

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decertification would mean the end of any hope for a 2011 season. See ya all in 2012.

Judge David Doty is the one who would hear any player vs owner cases and he's already frozen 4 billion the owners were going to use in case of a lock out. So they don't want to be arguing in his court again.

In an extreme scenario this could devastate small city franchises like Green Bay. If the REAL owners feel like they are losing to much money and tighten up the shared revenue, like television rights, teams like Green Bay would get hurt the most.

Things have changed so much since I became a fan in the 1960s. Hell I still consider the AFC an expansion league. So maybe thats where we're headed. The smaller teams become extinct. Just big city markets have teams, or multiple teams and all games are either on the NFL channel or pay per view packages. Maybe that's what this is all about.

I think I'm going to go hide on the grassy knoll for awhile.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The owners dont want the union to de-certify, the players dont wanna be locked out. If the league takes the 2+ games off the table and the union agrees to the nfl's money dispursement they would have a deal. DO fans even want 2 more games? I hate pre-season but I'm not sure about two more games. I see 2 more games.. with no starters playing as soon as they dont have to lol

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I think it's actually a bad thing. It just takes away a sense of urgency that they need to get something done now. Just gives them seven more days to not give an inch on their side.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts