More Suitors for Rodgers?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Greg Arias, who covers the Titans for SI, put out an article about a recent rumor in league circles: that Titans are interested in Rodgers. That doesn't make sense to me personally, but maybe it's true.

Meanwhile, rumors have been floating for a while that the 49ers could have interest, and now talk of them trading Trey Lance is heating up. Given that there's a good chance Brock Purdy won't be ready to play until well into the season, that leaves them with a definitive need at QB.

This is exactly what the Packers need to have materialize. Once competition kicks in, the returns get a lot more valuable. And for all the arguments about leverage all off-season, if there genuinely are 2-3 teams in on Rodgers, the Jets definitively have zero leverage. None.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a better scenario. I'm not sure how much there is to any of this, but if the Jets don't finalize a trade with GB by Thursday night before the 13th pick, suddenly all those other teams become more intriguing trade partners

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were the Patriots, I would give Aaron a call. Bring him out to NE. Have Kraft fly out to visit him. Not to sign him, but to make the NYJs think they might. Thus drive up the cost of dragt capitol their division rivals must give up. Win win (Packers and patriots) lose (NYJ)

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If I were the Patriots, I would give Aaron a call. Bring him out to NE. Have Kraft fly out to visit him. Not to sign him, but to make the NYJs think they might. Thus drive up the cost of dragt capitol their division rivals must give up. Win win (Packers and patriots) lose (NYJ)

And maybe, if they were to trade Mac Jones, they could end up being genuinely interested.

There has been some smoke around that this off-season too.

Reaction score
It is a better scenario. I'm not sure how much there is to any of this, but if the Jets don't finalize a trade with GB by Thursday night before the 13th pick, suddenly all those other teams become more intriguing trade partners
I agree. Also if GB doesn’t get any 2023 draft picks for Rodgers from NY? His cost in 2025-2024 will increase extensively for NY. My guess is if GB didn’t get something like 2024-1st, 2nd combined. Keep in mind these are all very likely later in order and losing value as we cross the future drafts barrier. I’d rather we risk losing a 2nd Rounder before dealing him away for nothing. Some team will make us whole for Aarons’ services.
My guess is in a NY trade, we won’t take less than an earlier 2nd rounder this year (42) + a 2nd Rounder next year floor value before pulling out from NY and looking elsewhere. Thats really valued like a 42,95 this year. That’s bordering disappointing but doable, although we’ll get below Rodgers value.

I feel very confident that the Packers can get another team to get us significantly more than a lone 42 for Aaron. It’s even worth risking retirement imo.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The strong speculation is the Jets are interested.
The new moderate speculation is the Titans are interested.
The new low to moderate speculation is the Patriots and 49ers are interested.
Any other team? Lets make up one - who needs a 1 year qb? Colts? Panthers? Texans? Falcons? Commanders?

To me - this has been handled poorly by the Jets. Pressure will increase until someone handles it correctly and gives up a 1st and a 2nd and pays Rodgers..or not. lol

Reaction score
I think at the last second we’ll see the Jets bend. They are seeing how long our resistance is going to last and if we stick to our guns.

We’ll either get a swap 15/13
A #43 overall
A 2024 2nd rounder with a 1 round escalator either direction (likely on how the Jets finish)

OR
(+ Future Day 3 or future swap)

OR
#13 for Packers #78 etc. possibly a conditional future

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. Also if GB doesn’t get any 2023 draft picks for Rodgers from NY? His cost in 2025-2024 will increase extensively for NY. My guess is if GB didn’t get something like 2024-1st, 2nd combined. Keep in mind these are all very likely later in order and losing value as we cross the future drafts barrier. I’d rather we risk losing a 2nd Rounder before dealing him away for nothing. Some team will make us whole for Aarons’ services.
My guess is in a NY trade, we won’t take less than an earlier 2nd rounder this year (42) + a 2nd Rounder next year floor value before pulling out from NY and looking elsewhere. Thats really valued like a 42,95 this year. That’s bordering disappointing but doable, although we’ll get below Rodgers value.

I feel very confident that the Packers can get another team to get us significantly more than a lone 42 for Aaron. It’s even worth risking retirement imo.
Colts and Titans can both easily find room for AR12's cap hit. Both are positioned for a one year rental already at QB. Colts can draft a QB this year but the Titans may have to move up or get lucky to draft one in the first round. Both teams' 2nd round picks are better than the Jets'. Maybe a 3 team trade with AR12 going to SF for their 1st next year. They send 2 thirds and Lance to Colts and Colts send a 2nd and third to GB with GB kicking back a late day 3. Possibly with Titans instead, swap firsts and take just their 2nd. And maybe something more next year.

D

Deleted member 6794

It’s even worth risking retirement imo.

It's pretty obvious Rodgers has no plans of retiring.

The strong speculation is the Jets are interested.
The new moderate speculation is the Titans are interested.
The new low to moderate speculation is the Patriots and 49ers are interested.
Any other team? Lets make up one - who needs a 1 year qb? Colts? Panthers? Texans? Falcons? Commanders?

In my opinion the Niners are the only other team that makes sense. They won't be able to get into a bidding war before this year's draft but if the Jets can't complete a trade including significant compensation in 2023 they might risk losing Rodgers to San Francisco.

Colts and Titans can both easily find room for AR12's cap hit. Both are positioned for a one year rental already at QB.

I don't think either the Colts or the Titans are an elite quarterback away from being a legit contender. Therefore it doesn't make sense for either of them to acquire Rodgers in my opinion.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The longer this goes on the more realistic I think it is that the Jets blow it and Rogers ends up with the 49ers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers bought some land in the Nashville area last year. Maybe he wouldn't mind playing for the Titans.
That's interesting, I've never seen Rodgers as a Nashville kind of guy, outside of maybe the vaccine thing. Maybe it was just a real estate investment? Or maybe they came to play the Titans and thought the area was nice. But I was thinking the football team wasn't good enough to interest him.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's interesting, I've never seen Rodgers as a Nashville kind of guy, outside of maybe the vaccine thing. Maybe it was just a real estate investment? Or maybe they came to play the Titans and thought the area was nice. But I was thinking the football team wasn't good enough to interest him.

I agree the Titans would be an odd choice as they're more than a quarterback away from being a legit contender.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers bought some land in the Nashville area last year. Maybe he wouldn't mind playing for the Titans.

Rodgers reportedly has told his agent its Jets or he'll retire.

I suspect thats he'll retire then return ala Brett Favre to force the Packers hand and get his 58 million or whatever it is

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't think Rodgers would want to play for the Titans.
You know though, I seem to recall hearing that Rodgers bought land...or a house...or something along those lines near Nashville last year after he and the race car driver busted up and sold their joint investment in California.

When he was a younger guy, he did some kind of recording studio or label startup that hasn't received much play over the last decade. Based in Cali -- but -- come on, Nashville?? Music industry?? Tenuous connection, but what the hell...

Now, admittedly, I'm putting 2 and 2 together and may be coming up "22" versus "4", but with Rodgers, who can tell PLUS, I'm old and may be making this entire schtick up.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he was a younger guy, he did some kind of recording studio or label startup that hasn't received much play over the last decade. Based in Cali -- but -- come on, Nashville?? Music industry?? Tenuous connection, but what the hell...
I have to admit I did not know Rodgers was interested in starting a record label. Maybe it's just a tax write off. I wonder what kind of music he likes?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit I did not know Rodgers was interested in starting a record label. Maybe it's just a tax write off. I wonder what kind of music he likes?
He actually can play the guitar . Don’t think he can play a a lot of stuff, but more then me lol

Members online

Latest posts