More Suitors for Rodgers?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You know though, I seem to recall hearing that Rodgers bought land...or a house...or something along those lines near Nashville last year after he and the race car driver busted up and sold their joint investment in California.

When he was a younger guy, he did some kind of recording studio or label startup that hasn't received much play over the last decade. Based in Cali -- but -- come on, Nashville?? Music industry?? Tenuous connection, but what the hell...

Now, admittedly, I'm putting 2 and 2 together and may be coming up "22" versus "4", but with Rodgers, who can tell PLUS, I'm old and may be making this entire schtick up.
Yeah building a house in Franklin I think? Near the lead singer of Tonic I heard

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Glad to see management demanding what he’s worth. I’d prefer he play for GB this year and sit Love one more season.

I would too just as I wanted for Favre/Rodgers transition. Alas its just not realistic Rodgers wasnt going to sit another year back then. Love isnt going to sit another year now. Its trade Rodgers or trade Love as it was trade Favre or trade Rodgers

Premontre 1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would too just as I wanted for Favre/Rodgers transition. Alas its just not realistic Rodgers wasnt going to sit another year back then. Love isnt going to sit another year now. Its trade Rodgers or trade Love as it was trade Favre or trade Rodgers
Isn’t Love under contract this year? He wouldn’t like it but wouldn’t have much of a choice.

Premontre 1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn’t Love under contract this year? He wouldn’t like it but wouldn’t have much of a choice.
BTW, I have many posts on this forum but couldn’t straighten it out with the administraton after I‘d changed my email. Had to create a new account and add a space before 1969 to get back on.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of the crap with the Jets. It's starting to sound like they want him for nothing. I will give you a third maybe a second and we want a pick back if he retires after next year. We've been putting up with his crap for 3 years now and you want us to be on the hook again next year? He's your problem then. You call them up the day before the draft and tell them we've got a couple other deals we like. You want him so bad here's what we want. No? Then I guess you really don't want him that bad and hang up.
Gute walks out of this with accepting their terms he needs to be fired.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of the crap with the Jets. It's starting to sound like they want him for nothing. I will give you a third maybe a second and we want a pick back if he retires after next year. We've been putting up with his crap for 3 years now and you want us to be on the hook again next year? He's your problem then. You call them up the day before the draft and tell them we've got a couple other deals we like. You want him so bad here's what we want. No? Then I guess you really don't want him that bad and hang up.
Im beginning to think he needs to be fired anyway…

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s ironic about this whole topic of this thread, which I’ve been waiting for someone to start, is we all can agree no matter what side of “ARod” you take I bet if it’s true that ego maniacal son of a ***** got more attention out of this til the last drop

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Love is under contract but as an young up and coming qb he also has the ability to demand a trade

Not sure what you having a lot of previous posts has to do with it

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers reportedly has told his agent its Jets or he'll retire.

I'm absolutely convinced Rodgers would love to play for the Niners.

Agreed. Glad to see management demanding what he’s worth. I’d prefer he play for GB this year and sit Love one more season.

Aside of Love suffering a season ending injury as long as Rodgers is still on the roster there's zero chance he will end up starting for another year.

As I have mentioned before the Jets would easily call that bluff if the Packers don't have a deal with another team in place.

Premontre 1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is under contract but as an young up and coming qb he also has the ability to demand a trade

Not sure what you having a lot of previous posts has to do with it
I thought about that. What team would trade anything for him at this juncture? Would he then sit out the season? I think we’d be in a better situation if management could work things out with AR.
(Sorry about the admin complaint but sounds like I got through to the moderator)

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would he then sit out the season? I think we’d be in a better situation if management could work things out with AR.

The working it out with AR window was missed. Should have been done last year pre-draft, got a crap ton of assets and be setup for 2023. Now its just trying to extract as much as reasonably possible and just moving on from the situation to give Love as clean a drama slate as possible.

I hope he is New York's problem by pick 1. Looking forward to 2024 draft where there will be almost zero Aaron Rodgers drama other than maybe what he is going to do for the Jets and how that impacts 2024 draft picks, but that is minor in comparison to all the garbage the last few years.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought about that. What team would trade anything for him at this juncture? Would he then sit out the season? I think we’d be in a better situation if management could work things out with AR.
(Sorry about the admin complaint but sounds like I got through to the moderator)

Ah I see what you did there haha...

I mean now its a moot point Rodgers will get traded to the Jets during the draft...but I think somebody would of traded for Love earlier in the offseason.

Maybe hes not that guy and hed never do that and Wilde was wrong in his feeling that Love would request a trade if he wasnt the starter heading into 2023

Reaction score
I 102% resemble the frustration.

However I’m 99.9% convinced that:
#1 Gutey won’t take that type deal above, unless there’s an offset like a player in trade.

#2 That a 2023-2nd Rounder has been, will be in play at minimum.

#3. He’s trying to get 42/43 value minimum or comparable such as
2023-#43+2024 Day1. The Day1? Therein lies the fight to the death. I don’t blame NY for resisting it’s a scary proposition doing future Day1 stuff. However THEY forced that hand

I’m going to stick up for a Brian he’s a good dude. Rodgers has forced him to do this and he’s a little “S” and I’m not a big name caller type.

Let’s let Brian fight for compensation for us and put a little Faith in him. Take them NY “B’s” down to the wire! (I apologize! I felt the Spirit of Dave Chappelle pass through me!)

3 Days to Go! :tup:

Last edited:

Premontre 1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The working it out with AR window was missed. Should have been done last year pre-draft, got a crap ton of assets and be setup for 2023. Now its just trying to extract as much as reasonably possible and just moving on from the situation to give Love as clean a drama slate as possible.

I hope he is New York's problem by pick 1. Looking forward to 2024 draft where there will be almost zero Aaron Rodgers drama other than maybe what he is going to do for the Jets and how that impacts 2024 draft picks, but that is minor in comparison to all the garbage the last few years.
Glad it’s done and we’re past another diva drama. I just believed GB needed to show diligence in wooing Rodgers to at least strengthen our negotiating position for fair draft compensation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts