Brutal Schedule for Next Year

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Dallas & Indy @ home and the Jags on the road. Other than that, not much really overly difficult. 12-4 i'd say. Maybe 11-5, maybe 13-3 if we improve certain areas.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
2008 Opponents

Although the Home portion of the schedule looks pretty tough at this moment, the away schedule isn't as bad as it could have been. Getting the Colts and Cowboys at home is the best case senerio.

But the offseason might reshape alot of the teams on this list, example, how well do the Cowgirls replace their staff. Then the players move.. IMO.. to early to really in depth discuss this in depth. But I will say one thing, that Jags team will be a tough game. They are sitting in good shape as far as the roster goes.. coaching staff maybe took a little hit with Smith leaving, but Del Rio is a D coach anyway.. I like the way they have built that team.

HOME
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Dallas Cowboys
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts

AWAY
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, we thought 2007 would be brutal. The teams we thought we'd lose to, many we won.

Hard to predict football from year to year. One team might kick *** one year and suck the next. And vice versa.

The Bucs for example. Nobody knows if they're going to be a Playoff team each year or if they'll be a bottom dweller. Da Bears made it to the SB the year before, and sucked this year, but still swept us. Football is a strange game.

That said, we win the SB next year and go 14-2. :cool:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very difficult to predict at this point in time, as FA, draft and trades can all take place. Even during training camp it is difficult, I am guessing not may could have predicted 13-3 this year(Philly, San Diego, Denver, Dallas, St. Louis and Chicago all looked like L's, with New York, Washington, Kansas City, Carolina and Minnesota being difficult W's).

Also, when you play at team is almost as important as who you play(time of year, weather, injuries, etc.)

That being said I will go out on the limb 11-5:
HOME
Chicago Bears - W, one of these years we have to win at home
Detroit Lions - W, they are the Lions
Minnesota Vikings - L
Atlanta Falcons - W
Carolina Panthers - W
Dallas Cowboys - L
Houston Texans - W
Indianapolis Colts - L

AWAY
Chicago Bears - L
Detroit Lions - W
Minnesota Vikings - W
New Orleans Saints - W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W
Seattle Seahawks - W
Jacksonville Jaguars - L
Tennessee Titans - W

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also predicting 12-4

Here are the 4 losses I see.
Seattle away
Colts Away
Bears Away
Jacksonville Away

Yeah all away game losses. I can see us winning all the home games.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also predicting 12-4

Seattle away
Colts Away
Bears Away
Jacksonville Away

For quite a while, we DID win all home games. Hopefully we can do that again!

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
I'm also predicting 12-4

Seattle away
Colts Away
Bears Away
Jacksonville Away

That used to rock...you could look at the schedule and know a win was coming when the game was at home...those were the days!!!

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
I'm also predicting 12-4

Seattle away
Colts Away
Bears Away
Jacksonville Away

I love the enthusiasm, but Colts is a home game.

In division I think we will split with Minn and Chi. Detroit is going to take another step back so that will give us 4-2.

We should beat Atlanta, Carolina, and Texans at home 7-2
I will give us 1 between Cowboys and Colts. 8-3.

Away we should win Saints, Bucs 10-3.
The remaining three we should win 1 making the final 11-5.

I hope for more but for now will just have to wait and see.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DGB454 said:
I'm also predicting 12-4

Seattle away
Colts Away
Bears Away
Jacksonville Away

I love the enthusiasm, but Colts is a home game.

Oops. Missed that. I'll change my prediction to 13-3

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think the most important game of the year might be against the Colts, because that just may be a preview of the SB next year. Keep in mind, the Colts led the NFL in D in '07.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said 9-7 for this year, so I'm throwing caution to the wind.

14-2
Lose to Bears at Home
Lose to Jax away

Close win in NFC Championship over Dal in GB
GB/Jax rematch for the SB...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like many have said already........who knows what teams might change by the time the season comes around? What FA's might leave, and change their teams alot.
It's ALL just a guessing game right now. Last season i said 11-5, and they surpassed my prediction. I would have been happy with a WC berth.
We were one big play from being in the SB. Will we be that good again next season, or even better? Who knows.
I think we will be good......but who knows what changes our OWN team might make?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like many have said already........who knows what teams might change by the time the season comes around? What FA's might leave, and change their teams alot.
It's ALL just a guessing game right now. Last season i said 11-5, and they surpassed my prediction. I would have been happy with a WC berth.
We were one big play from being in the SB. Will we be that good again next season, or even better? Who knows.
I think we will be good......but who knows what changes our OWN team might make?

I'm confident those changes will be good ones.

We'll get even more depth in positions we've discussed (DB, OL, LB, DE) and I think TT will look for one Free Agent to put us over the top.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill raise the ante even more.... we will go 20 and 0, because not only will we win the superbowl the entire probowl squad will be packers, and they will win as well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill raise the ante even more.... we will go 20 and 0, because not only will we win the superbowl the entire probowl squad will be packers, and they will win as well.

Top that Obi1!

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay heres what i think...

Home

Dallas-maybe
Atlanta-win
Carolina-win
Houston-win
Colts-maybe
Bears-win (hopefully -_-)
Vikings-win
Lions-win

Road

Seattle-win
New Orleans-maybe
Tampa Bay-win
Jacksonville-maybe
Tennessee-win
Bears-win
Vikings-win
Lions-win

+ or - one game....

I just put win on the games i think we have a high chance of winning the other ones i think its a 50/50 i never think we have less than a 50% chance. anyway best case 16-0 worst case 12-4 just my opinion we'll see next year

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One downer about winning the North this year and not making the SB is the brutal schedule next year. I know we have Dallas and Indy at home with Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee on the road to name a few games.

I don't know how accurate this statement is but I think I read somewhere that only 2 of the last 9 teams made the playoffs the year after 13-3. Anyone know if that's true or not?

How do you see the Packers doing next year with this schedule?

I think we'll be around 10-6 (+/- 1 win).

Complete list of teams we play:

Home

Dallas
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Colts
Bears
Vikings
Lions

Road

Seattle
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Bears
Vikings
Lions

* Edited by AADP - to add list of teams we play on home and the road.

Those 2 teams outta the 9 are the packers probably, they went 13-3 won SB, 13-3, lost SB, next season playoffs, in fact quite a playoff stretch, I think the reason for the whole 2 outta 9 ratio is because quite frankly a lot of teams are flukes, One year wonders. Look at the bears for example, they had the talent for one year. We have the talent locked up for the long haul. The only uncertainty is the QB, but its not like we dont have options.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at next season my biggest variable is always injurues. It was was for the first time in a long time to have a season which we stayed fairly healthy and we showed what we can to. I'll take a tough schedule with a healthy team over a weak schedule and an injury season every time so as long as we're healthy I can't see why we don't win at least 11 games

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at next season my biggest variable is always injurues. It was was for the first time in a long time to have a season which we stayed fairly healthy and we showed what we can to. I'll take a tough schedule with a healthy team over a weak schedule and an injury season every time so as long as we're healthy I can't see why we don't win at least 11 games

As much as I hate to say it, you just have to have depth because injuries in the NFL are a reality. That said, I'd like to see more depth in DE, LB, DB, OL, and TE positions. I think we're good at WR, QB and DT, and RB maybe.