Brett thinks Packers win it all

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you see what this is? It's an attempt to jinx the Packers. He sees the Packers rolling along, and he's become so desperate that he's down to his last resort: superstition. Maybe, he thinks, since nothing that comes out of his mouth is true, he'll be able to jinx the Packers by picking them. I personally don't believe him one bit when he says that Rodgers is the best QB in the league, he probably had his fingers crossed when he said that.

It would be nice to see him try to reconcile, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Here is an idea for the marketing ploy by Favre, he may be doing it to get the negative press off his back. The Jets took him for a wild media ride, the Vikings gave him everything that he could want for two straight years, yet it was the Packers that disciplined him. They learned what happens if you give him what he wants, and they saw the return of it. Favre got the Packers and Vikings to NFC Championship yet threw a stupid pick for both of them. Now in retrospect most of us are happy were we the Packers are at, and can be thankful that we didn't end up like the Vikings.

Here is a different thought. Packers win the Super Bowl this year, Aaron Rodgers gets all the friggin respect he deserves, no one can say he is any less than Favre with the same amount of Super Bowl wins as Favre. The comparisons can end on a happy note for Rodgers, and Favre can lie saying the Packers were smart to go with A. Rodgers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I puked in my mouth a little bit. What a hypocrite. You first tell a Bears player to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs, and now you acting all "I hope they make it" B.S.

I'll believe Farve really wants to mend the burned bridges when he calls TT and asks to be signed to a one day contract (like Ahman Green) so he can RETIRE a Packer. Then I'll believe him.
Here's the scenario for that scene:
Packers sign him up.
He suits up.
Mike will have to put him in (But waits until the last play of the game.) so that he doesn't look like a bigger ****** than Fart is.
Game is tied.
Fail goes in. Takes the snap.
Throws across his body, to an opposing player for a pick 6.
Fraud retires as a Packer but happy to have gotten his final revenge by helping the opposing team win.
Mission accomplished.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People from Green Bay are very nice ( at the Packer bar I went to on Saturday, I went out of my way to talk to the lone Viking and lone Bear fan there, We got along great and they gave me hugs when I left....a little creepy...but it just shows that Packer fans are nice). From Green Bay to Favre: Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. You can afford it, pay me back for the two Packer #4 jerseys I threw away.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST

There is no winning with you people. Honestly, it is sickening. He can't say anything without all of you crying. STOP, JUST STOP.

Enjoy the ride. Seriously. Brett isn't a horrible person. He made a lot of mistakes, yes. But he has never done anything to personally hurt any of us. So get over it. We are going to fight for a chance to be in a super bowl, lets enjoy the ride. Brett is wishing the Packers well. Take it or leave it. I'll gladly take it. I believe him, but it is ridiculous. Get over it. They (the Packers organization has moved beyond this)...they are back in the same EXACT spot as they were 3 years ago with Brett....we can move on.....The Super Bowl win and 2nd appearance is so distant, we have already moved on from that. We can now move on from the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

Lets hope we win this game so we can see our Packers in the Super Bowl once again.

Stop being petty.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST

There is no winning with you people. Honestly, it is sickening. He can't say anything without all of you crying. STOP, JUST STOP.

Enjoy the ride. Seriously. Brett isn't a horrible person. He made a lot of mistakes, yes. But he has never done anything to personally hurt any of us. So get over it. We are going to fight for a chance to be in a super bowl, lets enjoy the ride. Brett is wishing the Packers well. Take it or leave it. I'll gladly take it. I believe him, but it is ridiculous. Get over it. They (the Packers organization has moved beyond this)...they are back in the same EXACT spot as they were 3 years ago with Brett....we can move on.....The Super Bowl win and 2nd appearance is so distant, we have already moved on from that. We can now move on from the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

Lets hope we win this game so we can see our Packers in the Super Bowl once again.

Stop being petty.

ITs fine you dont agree...But when he waffles on his thoughts its news

And it is waffling...3 weeks ago, he told Peppers beat the Packers (not the JETS, the next opponent) but the Packers

Now says we will win it all? What about the Bears beating the Packers this time?

If you dont like the threads about him, then dont read them, cuz they wont stop...At least wont stop as long as he doesnt try to flop flop

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
There is no winning with you people. Honestly, it is sickening.

A fanatic is someone who does not change their mind or the topic. Favre-lovers and Favre-haters are both fanatics. So, the debate will not change or die away for a long time.

Rob: Should a new forum be created for Brett-related topics and their never-resolving and never-ending debates? Could be entitled, "All Things Brett Favre" If so, this would leave the PACKER FAN Forum for the... well... Packers.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you see what this is? It's an attempt to jinx the Packers. He sees the Packers rolling along, and he's become so desperate that he's down to his last resort: superstition. Maybe, he thinks, since nothing that comes out of his mouth is true, he'll be able to jinx the Packers by picking them. I personally don't believe him one bit when he says that Rodgers is the best QB in the league, he probably had his fingers crossed when he said that.

It would be nice to see him try to reconcile, but I'll believe it when I see it.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as well. get the mississippi voodoo dolls out brett! LOL I truly believe he does NOT want the packers to succeed - why would he?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Favre launches his Green Bay image rehab effort

Given that Brett Favre had twice before filed retirement papers with the NFL (and then came back), we didn’t give much credence to the notion that he’s not returning in 2011 simply because he filed his retirement papers again. Far more indicative of his intentions was his Monday bouquet to the Packers and their fans.*…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think signs of Brett warming back up to the Pack is indicative that he might actually be done playing finally.

Or maybe he knows the only place that he can ever get anyone to kiss his *** again would be in Wisconsin.
The rest of the country is sick of him.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so damn bitter about it. How much did every single one of you love Favre when he was here? You take it personal that he went to the Vikings. Obviously he did have more in the tank last year. Think about your job if your an older person, and some new hot shot right out of college tries to come and take your job and then does. . I agree with what TT did but the way it was handled wasnt right. You can't blame Brett for trying to show his worth. I believe Favre will always consider himself a Packer, and in time, you all will realize he didnt go to the Vikings to personally get at you, that didn't work out too well for him anyways did it now?

The Peppers thing, how does anyone know how the context of that really went? Don't be so offensive to things you hear... A good example of this is the Aaron Rodgers bashing that originally occurred in the media after he "didnt acknowledge the cancer patient" when in reality, he has signed several items for her in the past.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this in here, but it's pretty simple.

Now that he's done, and that he sees the Packers have a great shot at it, he's trying to get on our good side again.

This makes me dislike him even more. He just doesn't have any ressemblance to principles. He'll adapt and say whatever needs to be said so that he looks good, no matter his actions.

Unfortunately, some people will believe what he says. But to each their own, if they have the need to be consistantly fooled and adore the man, more power to them...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go away Brent. Nobody cares what you think, or say. It's YOUR legacy, remember?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so damn bitter about it. How much did every single one of you love Favre when he was here? You take it personal that he went to the Vikings. Obviously he did have more in the tank last year. Think about your job if your an older person, and some new hot shot right out of college tries to come and take your job and then does. . I agree with what TT did but the way it was handled wasnt right. You can't blame Brett for trying to show his worth. I believe Favre will always consider himself a Packer, and in time, you all will realize he didnt go to the Vikings to personally get at you, that didn't work out too well for him anyways did it now?

The Peppers thing, how does anyone know how the context of that really went? Don't be so offensive to things you hear... A good example of this is the Aaron Rodgers bashing that originally occurred in the media after he "didnt acknowledge the cancer patient" when in reality, he has signed several items for her in the past.

You dont understand cuz you dont feel that way..

We all have our opinions

Peppers?
Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline.

Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

Now...That was a while ago, and I have not heard of it being taking out of context..

What in your opinion would be taking out of context? For Brett to say that

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST

Stop being petty.

this

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will not surprise me if #4 is at the game on Sunday

As Brett enters his actual retirement I think he will start trying in ernest to get back in with Packer Nation. He has already praised Rodgers and picked us as the favorites. It would not surprise me to see him in Chicago for the game. On the sideline? I would embrace it as long as it's NO FOCUS of the sportsmedia at all. No need to cause any extra stress on the team. He would need to sneak in lol

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's not there. The teams doesnt need any sort of distraction. They just need to FOCUS on whooping Da Bums.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but f*ck him. Insult us, stab us in the back and then ask for forgiveness? No thanks. Save that crap for your next team. We're not having it.

Members online

Latest posts