Brandon Burks signed to practice squad

H

HardRightEdge

Good move
I give that a qualified agree. From what he showed in preseason, he wasn't quite as tough between the tackles as one would have expected. Then again, he played mostly behind the second string line. He's quick and has some instincts. I would have preferred Burks over trading for Davis, if that counts for anything.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another low-risk move by TT. I guess that we'll see at the end of the season if it was a good move or not.

H

HardRightEdge

Yet another low-risk move by TT. I guess that we'll see at the end of the season if it was a good move or not.
Only if necessity requires his elevation to the 53 man roster, and then the game day active roster, and then actually taking some snaps.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I liked what I saw in Burks in the Preseason, but given the Packers cut him after he made the 53 in favor of Vikings castoff Pressley, who they cut shortly after and then let Burks sit unemployed, I have no clue what to think of the guy.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give that a qualified agree. From what he showed in preseason, he wasn't quite as tough between the tackles as one would have expected. Then again, he played mostly behind the second string line. He's quick and has some instincts. I would have preferred Burks over trading for Davis, if that counts for anything.
That's about all I can say. He's better than Davis.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burks doesn't have a single carry in a meaningful game in his career, therefore I think that's a bold statement to make.
Knile Davis was on the college team that I'm a big fan of. He's the worst RB I've ever seen. He's averaged in the low 3 YPC in the college and pros on teams in which UDFAs and low draft picks have had much more success. I don't think it's that much of a reach to make the claim that he's better, even if it's just based on the fact that Davis is awful.

D

Deleted member 6794

Knile Davis was on the college team that I'm a big fan of. He's the worst RB I've ever seen. He's averaged in the low 3 YPC in the college and pros on teams in which UDFAs and low draft picks have had much more success.

Davis averaged 5.3 yards per carry during his college career with the Razorbacks.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have a dog in this fight, but it once again brings up stats as an evaluation statement. A quick search gives at least two career YPC, WIMM's 5.3 and another at 5.0 (lower total in 2010). More germane, perhaps, is that 2010 was his one good year, at over 6 YPC, with 2009 and 2012 less than full seasons and with really bad stats, while 2011 was lost to injury. Thus, there is some concern over which numbers to use, and certainly how to use them.

I first started questioning published stats when AJ Hawk became the all-time leading tackler for the Pack. I don't remember now, as it's been a while, but (again, with little effort) I found at least three numbers for his career tackles with the Pack.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis averaged 5.3 yards per carry during his college career with the Razorbacks.
He averaged 3.4 YPC his final year at Arkansas and was benched halfway through the season. He was only good when he had the offensive guru Bobby Perino as his head coach.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't have a dog in this fight, but it once again brings up stats as an evaluation statement. A quick search gives at least two career YPC, WIMM's 5.3 and another at 5.0 (lower total in 2010).

I first started questioning published stats when AJ Hawk became the all-time leading tackler for the Pack. I don't remember now, as it's been a while, but (again, with little effort) I found at least three numbers for his career tackles with the Pack.

I guess you took the second number for Knile Davis average rushing yards in college from Wikipedia, which is a terrible source for stats. According to the Razorbacks website he rushed for 1,322 yards in 2010.

The NFL doesn't consider tackles an official stat therefore those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL doesn't consider tackles an official stat therefore those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.
I have always wondered why anyone would care about counting tackles without context. If we were counting tackles for a loss or minimal to no gain... fine. But, as was often the case with Hawk, we give him credit for making a tackle 8 or more yards down field.... I do not see anything to brag about.

Members online

Latest posts