Practice Squad 2023

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is our current practice squad. If Gute follows the Ron Wolf mantra, the names will continue to change throughout the season. However, of the names listed below, who do you think will have made the greatest impact by the end of the season?

Corey Ballentine - CB
Keshawn Banks - LB
Grant DuBose - WR
Jonathan Ford - DL
Innis Gaines - S
Michael Jordan - OL
Alex McGough - QB
Bo Melton - WR
Arron Mosby - LB
Kenneth Odumegwu - LB (NFL International)
Henry Pearson - FB
Benny Sapp III - S
Chris Slayton - DL
Patrick Taylor - RB
Kadeem Telfort - T
Kiondre Thomas - CB
Kristian Welch - LB

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope that Alex McGough never leaves the practice squad!

My pick for the biggest impact is Benny Sapp. He's got the pedigree, his position (safety) is the weakest link on our team, and I think that at one point Rudy or Darnell will get benched again this season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thread tracking roster should be up to date I believe as well HERE

Gute for sure cycles PS, has last few years for sure.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the NFL international rules Odumegwu is ineligible for the active roster so he's out. Taylor has been brought up twice already so I think there is only one more chance for him. I'll go with one of the DBs. Gaines, Ballentine, Thomas or Sapp. Probably Gaines.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the NFL international rules Odumegwu is ineligible for the active roster so he's out. Taylor has been brought up twice already so I think there is only one more chance for him. I'll go with one of the DBs. Gaines, Ballentine, Thomas or Sapp. Probably Gaines.

Odumegwu would have to be signed onto the actual PS and/or the 53 and would no longer be operating as the Intl' rule player.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Odumegwu would have to be signed onto the actual PS and/or the 53 and would no longer be operating as the Intl' rule player.
nyet
"First, the team can keep their IPP player on their 53-man roster. If they waive the player, he goes through the NFL's waiver system, which allows him to be claimed by another team. If he clears waivers, the team can sign the player to their practice squad. If they do, they may elect to take an exemption for the IPP player, giving them an extra spot on their practice squad. If they utilize the exemption, that player cannot be signed to the active roster of any team during the season. If the exemption is declined, the player is treated like any other practice squad player, and can be promoted to a team's active roster. If the player chooses to sign with a team other than the one to which he was assigned, that team may not claim the exemption."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nyet
"First, the team can keep their IPP player on their 53-man roster. If they waive the player, he goes through the NFL's waiver system, which allows him to be claimed by another team. If he clears waivers, the team can sign the player to their practice squad. If they do, they may elect to take an exemption for the IPP player, giving them an extra spot on their practice squad. If they utilize the exemption, that player cannot be signed to the active roster of any team during the season. If the exemption is declined, the player is treated like any other practice squad player, and can be promoted to a team's active roster. If the player chooses to sign with a team other than the one to which he was assigned, that team may not claim the exemption."

Correct, if you are using the IPP exemption he is in essence not on the roster, not on the PS but on a separate list. It's like a red shirt year of nothingness for development LOL :)