1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

.....Brady Once Said

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Wi. Mike now in Florida, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    "Tom Brady once said that Aaron Rodgers would throw for 7,000 yards
    in a season if he had the benefits of Brady's offensive system."

Do you agree?

2. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

no

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Doubtful now with his WR depth in New England. Their RB depth is crazy though - injury concerns aside.

4. Do7

Do7 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think Rodgers would've been successful playing in New England's system, but that system pertains to timing and execution. Brady is a master of getting the ball out of his hands in 2 seconds. I love Rodgers but he would be so adamant of getting that home run throw at times, that I could see him straying away. Having said that I could also see Belichick having Rodgers ear and bringing him to heel.

But as far as i'm concerned we owe Brady and Belichick one. I hope we meet them in the Superbowl.

*Note how I said he would be successful, but not HOW MUCH successful.

5. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    No. If you take AR's best season stats ever he would have 610 pass attempts, 68.7% completion percentage, 13.5 yards per reception it would only total 5656 yards over 16 games. In a new offense that hopefully utilizes more RB involvement and AR's desire for the homerun play i don't think 6k is even possible.

6. weeds

weeds Fiber deprived old guy.

Packer Fan Since:
    Those two have a history of public reach arounds, but in private I'll bet it's more like "blank" him...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It's a ridiculous claim. Rodgers would have to average 437.5 passing yards per game to reach 7,000 for the season.

You have to realize that since 1950 only 122 quarterbacks have achieved to throw for at least 438 yards in a game, less than two per season in the entire league.

8. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm pretty sure Brady's statement was just hyperbole.

But yeah, Brady and Rodgers have different talent sets. I'm not sure Rodgers would have the patience to make all those quick timing passes to control the ball. He likes showing off his arm strength, foot speed, and improvisational skills too much.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    Brady was sarcastically using 7,000 yards in an attempt to illustrate the idea that Rodgers' talent would have facilitated towards a lot of success in New England's system.

It's part of that "modest" Brady rhetoric.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Agreed. Brady likes to present a modest face. Good for him. He and Rodgers have traded complements and have been on friendly terms for a long time.

I don't think it was sarcasm on Brady's part, just a bit of hyperbole.

As for the skill sets topic, I think we all wish Rodgers had learned from Brady more of the art of making a fast read and getting the ball out in 2 seconds. I think that Rodgers can do it, but he chooses not to. Rodgers is who he is, although who knows? A new coach, a different scheme, old dogs can learn new tricks.

11. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Actually they do seem to be on friendly terms, not just in public.

12. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't really see any reason for them to not be on friendly terms and honestly I don't see either of them as a "blank" him sort of guy. They are both great players and great competitors and I think .the respect they show towards each other (and other players for that matter) is genuine.

If either of them would have the "blank" him attitude I think it would be Rodgers because as good as he is he will never be considered the GOAT nearly to the degree Brady is. Brady has absolutely nothing to be envious of Aaron Rodgers over (except his girlfriend)

They may not be "Hey I'm in town I think I'll call him up and go out and have a beer" type friends but I don't think they would be the types to avoid each other.