Bears Fan Here. (Be nice :))

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can tell you, the amount of time spent on radio air waves this week on who's singing the national anthem here is quite nauseating. wow.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a hint about class, I was 14 and rode on an elevator with Mr. Halas. I asked for his autograph and he said "FU...go ask Bart Starr!" Happy ending, 2 years later, Bart Starr was my neighbor. I doubt if Lombardi ever said FU to a 14 year old kid.

I would very much doubt that anyone would say FU to a 14 year old kid. I'm thinking this is a story told to get people to hate the Bears more. No adult would do this

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never believe third hand stories. Details get mixed around too easily. It's like that game where you sit in a circle and tell the person next to you something and it ends up completely wrong. I would very much doubt that anyone would say FU to a 14 year old kid. I'm thinking this was a shock and awe story told to A. Get attention and B. get people to hate the Bears more. I would bet there are stories going around about evil things Lombardi said to kids but I won't believe them til proof is shown.

like florios hit piece on Rodgers...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steeler fans are pretty annoying, I'm pretty certain they are going to win the game...I will not root for the Steelers in the SB

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steeler fans are pretty annoying, I'm pretty certain they are going to win the game...I will not root for the Steelers in the SB

I really dont like anyone on the steelers, but the only one I strongly dislike is Big Ben. Actually I like aaron smith, seems like a good guy and plays hard.

Cant stand the Jets fans. The players arent so bad. Jason Taylor, LT, Revis, and Sanchez seem cool to me.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would very much doubt that anyone would say FU to a 14 year old kid. I'm thinking this is a story told to get people to hate the Bears more. No adult would do this

OK. call me a liar, it did happen, other passenger was QB Wade..I do not need to make up story to to get people to dislike bears, how about a game I went to where Starr was laying on field injured and Butkus kicks him ?
What happened with Halas was 100% true, I did forget that I was 6' 2" at the time and wearing a Packer sweatshirt, so he didn't know how young i was.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how about a game I went to where Starr was laying on field injured and Butkus kicks him ?

How about let's not go there? That's nothing compared to what Charles Martin did to Jim McMahon (his **** poor attitude isn't an excuse).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or when Cowboy's WR Micheal Irvin was laying on the field with a neck injury and the Eagles fans were cheering. To this day that makes me sick to my stomach.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about let's not go there? That's nothing compared to what Charles Martin did to Jim McMahon (his **** poor attitude isn't an excuse).

Hey, lets go there. Starr was injured on a play and laying on ground. McMahon threw an interception and thus became a defensive player...learn NFL rules....the two situations are NOT comparable.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Is this not what we have been waiting for?
I hope Martz can keep his act together and run the ball. Why he stopped doing it in the game against the Packers in week 17 is still mind blowing.
The Bears ran the ball 42 times against the Seahawks and it set up the play action and passes to the TEs perfectly.
I saw a stat yesterday that shows whenever the Bears run the ball 40 times or more in a game they are 62-4.

Anyway... this is going to be huge!
Well this might blow your mind but here's how it works:
If you run the ball 40 times I'd guess your running game is working, you're either in the game or ahead. I'd love to see the Packers record when running the ball 40 times.
You see... design follows function, if the running game is winning the game you follow it, if it isn't well guess you better go to the pass game. If you're averaging 2.2 yards per carry it really doesn't matter how many times you run it per game, you're probably gonna lose if you keep doing it.
Stat people amaze me, they think stats are one way.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Charles Martin thing wasn't really a defensive block cause he grabbed McMahon him from behind and then slammed him. It was dirty. I was shocked both benches didn't empty onto the field for a brawl.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to ask, is it being naive to think adults wouldn't do bad things to children?
It happens buddy, not right but their it is.
Nobody in their right mind would favor the Bears in this matchup right?
But you continue to think so. It's okay, I dream of a perfect world too, where the world enjoys the latest world championship from Titletown.
George Halas is an inspiration and a great man from a football fan's perspective, but there's no reason to suggest he wasn't an egomaniac who would **** on children's dreams.
The man seems to have credibility on his side.
It doesn't matter, I know that alot of the Chicago Bears are good people, in fact, I admire their fans, but that doesn't take away from the rivalry.
Some younger fans might not know, but it was hilarious when people suggested Viqueens were our favorite rivalry. Not even close for us old guys.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The Charles Martin thing wasn't really a defensive block cause he grabbed McMahon him from behind and then slammed him. It was dirty. I was shocked both benches didn't empty onto the field for a brawl.
What exactly is your point?
It's behind us right? Or do you expect a repeat this game?
Remembering that kind of sheet is stupid. It's okay if you like it, but what the heck does that have to do with this weeks game?
Dirty stuff was part of the game, the Packers weren't very good in those days, football in general wasn't the same was it?
If you've read anything about the NFL in it's past you'd know dirty play was common. So what? It's not now. They've cleaned it up and the Packers have been the better playing team now, so get it behind you okay Murgen?

Midway Monster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, lets go there. Starr was injured on a play and laying on ground. McMahon threw an interception and thus became a defensive player...learn NFL rules....the two situations are NOT comparable.

So if this sitaution happens and Rodgers is slammed to the ground and out for the rest of the year, you would be okay with it?

Truth is, that was a cheap shot. Another truth, not all players are always level headed, nor are coaches...they are all human. We just love to point put another teams faults to add to the reason why we hate them when in fact it's not the team that did this, it is an individual player, a person.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What exactly is your point?
It's behind us right? Or do you expect a repeat this game?
Remembering that kind of sheet is stupid. It's okay if you like it, but what the heck does that have to do with this weeks game?
Dirty stuff was part of the game, the Packers weren't very good in those days, football in general wasn't the same was it?
If you've read anything about the NFL in it's past you'd know dirty play was common. So what? It's not now. They've cleaned it up and the Packers have been the better playing team now, so get it behind you okay Murgen?

My POINT is that it wasn't a "Defensive Block" as stated earlier in the thread. Facts are facts. Calm down.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some younger fans might not know, but it was hilarious when people suggested Viqueens were our favorite rivalry. Not even close for us old guys.

...or us middle-aged gals! I for one am happy to see the Packer-Bear rivalry placed on top again. That Packer-Viking thing pales in comparison (only 50 years!).

I do not like but have a respect for the Bear organization, team and most of it's fans...the same cannot always be said for the purple horde!

This is the most important game in all of the 182 game history. Hoping for a good, clean game...but in the end the Packers prevail and kick some bear-butt! After all we need pay-back for the 1941 playoff loss!:)

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not root for the bears no matter what or against whom. I can not stand anything about that team or city. Just being honest and trying to not to be mean. I'm sure there are some decent folks trapped in Chicago though.
There that was pretty nice.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend that works for me is a die hard Packers fan and has season tickets. He says the Vikings Packers rivalry in his eyes is much greater than the Packers-Bears. He said it gets ugly with the Vikings at Lambeau. He said when the Bears come to Lambeaus it is a respectful hate. True?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
A friend that works for me is a die hard Packers fan and has season tickets. He says the Vikings Packers rivalry in his eyes is much greater than the Packers-Bears. He said it gets ugly with the Vikings at Lambeau. He said when the Bears come to Lambeaus it is a respectful hate. True?

Vikings-Packers is an angry rivalry that, at times, seems to be based more on hatred and bitterness. I see the Bears as a valued, respected rivalry with more history behind it than any other in the league.

With that, today, I refuse to speak to any Bear fan friends and family.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts