Anyone have any idea about the Cook contract

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather see them overpay than to count on TT to find a comparable replacement any time this century.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6mil with short contract like 2 years is the very most for Cook in ny eyes, if he wants more let him walk and use that money to resign Lang.... Don't tell me Lang is looking for 10million now cause I will flip!!

Have you seen what these G's are signing for? Lang has played his last game for the Packers, I'd bet good money on that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously!?!?!? Cleveland is the only team with a stupid amount of cap space and might consider this realistic. smh The guy turns 30 next month and won't sniff nearly that amount. I'd offer him a 3yr/$16Mil deal with the last year being a salary of $7Mil ... cut him if production falls off.

Don't know the definition of 'stupid' in this context, but there are lots of teams with lots of cap space -

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

D

Deleted member 6794

According to several reports there's zero chance Cook is re-signing with the Packers.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted is probably getting so excited about all those comp picks coming next year that he doesn't dare do anything now.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers don't need Cook anymore with this talk of them agreeing to terms with Bennett.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess cooked talked a good game but when it came down to it, it was about the money.

That's all these dudes want bro. Like the ring is not important smh. But then again..maybe he will go somewhere where he can actually have a legitimate chance to get one..and get paid. Green Bay is a division contender..not a SB contender. That's just how it is.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all these dudes want bro. Like the ring is not important smh. But then again..maybe he will go somewhere where he can actually have a legitimate chance to get one..and get paid. Green Bay is a division contender..not a SB contender. That's just how it is.
I see your in full troll mode

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea bro, all the crap Cook was talking was straight GAS. smh

H

HardRightEdge

There's too much truth to that.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I'm voicing my displeasure? Ok bro.
nope because you went from complaining about not bringing back Cook and having RR as our starting TE to acting like upgrading the position has no bearing and changing the topic to the D all in the span of a few minutes

Reaction score
Seriously!?!?!? Cleveland is the only team with a stupid amount of cap space and might consider this realistic. smh The guy turns 30 next month and won't sniff nearly that amount. I'd offer him a 3yr/$16Mil deal with the last year being a salary of $7Mil ... cut him if production falls off.
I'm thinking the same way. My first instinct was offer him a 2 yr deal in the same annual range which gives him a better outlook of security than a 1yr while not locking us into an aging player.
I'm hearing that there is a good group of TEs this year so that should play into the economics and offer us a contingency plan if someone wants to overextend on him.
Go after Corner or LB if we want to overpay..we need to improve our pass D

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope because you went from complaining about not bringing back Cook and having RR as our starting TE to acting like upgrading the position has no bearing and changing the topic to the D all in the span of a few minutes

You failed to read my other comment. I clearly stated I liked Cook better but I'll take it. Clearly Acknowledging the move. Go read the Bennett thread. Nice try tho.

Members online

Latest posts