Anyone else get really giddy this time of year???

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm generally bummed when the Packs season is over... However this time of year really gets me excited, I always have so many things going through my head. The combine comes, I watch that non-stop and continuously judge players and look for prospects that fit the Packer mold. Then comes free agency, often times not the most exciting time for us but you never know what could happen, TT is a smart man and usually if something does happen it wont be too bad. Then, I get all freakin excited about the Brewers upcoming season, thats starts at the end of March, THEN the draft comes eventually. I mull over who we picked and what guys we "missed" and how I really wanted this guy or that for the team. Well... then there is a lull but finally Madden will come! haha

What do you guys do to stave off the long wait for next season?

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two last years the same thing has happened to me. At this point, I've started thinking the first round draft pick possibilities for all teams. At the time the draft comes, I'm long gone. It's gets boring when nothing happens for about a month.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I am generally jacked all year long about football.. but this lag between the Superbowl and Combine is long.. but the real fun begins Friday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm generally bummed when the Packs season is over... However this time of year really gets me excited, I always have so many things going through my head. The combine comes, I watch that non-stop and continuously judge players and look for prospects that fit the Packer mold. Then comes free agency, often times not the most exciting time for us but you never know what could happen, TT is a smart man and usually if something does happen it wont be too bad. Then, I get all freakin excited about the Brewers upcoming season, thats starts at the end of March, THEN the draft comes eventually. I mull over who we picked and what guys we "missed" and how I really wanted this guy or that for the team. Well... then there is a lull but finally Madden will come! haha

This time of the year, I actually spend some time with my wife.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah its pretty exciting time when your team is doing terribly cos it always offers new hope. Unfortunately agents have ruined the draft now cos the 1st round picks contracts are ridiculously expensive. If teams make bad decisions then they are stuck with ineffective and overpaid players. Hardly the recipe for winning superbowls :p

OP
OP
B

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:

This time of the year, I actually spend some time with my wife.

:rotflmao:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I coach high school baseball and the NFL draft was the same day as one of our games. I'm standing in the coaches box, when someone walks up to the fence and says, "Hey Coach Martin! The Packers just drafted a DT with their first pick. I've never heard of him!"

I don't think I remembered much about the rest of that half inning. I tried as hard as I could to focus but I think my ears turned three shades of red and my temperature climbed to about 108 degrees. Anyway, I still hold out hope for Harrell and I'm going to try and leave the NFL draft day open this year. :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the time when I'm the most calm and relaxed (I havent wished death upon anyone in like 3 days). There are a lot of factors, it's damn near impossible to predict anything. It's not worth it to get your hopes super up over a possible pickup,etc

I trust management to do their thing and will hope it all works out.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this is the first year I have been trying to follow everything. Seems like years past the long hours at work took all my energy. Now that I'm in a position that I only have to put in a 5 day work week I can focus on other things. I am looking forward to the draft and soaking in as much as possible. So yeah....This year I am "giddy"

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not me, I keep up with football, but have no desire to spend much time on it. I welcome the down time, plus, too much else to do. I've got college basketball surrounding me now, can't escape it here in NC. I watch some of the tournament, but prefer to do stuff outside. Spring is the best!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not me, I keep up with football, but have no desire to spend much time on it. I welcome the down time, plus, too much else to do. I've got college basketball surrounding me now, can't escape it here in NC. I watch some of the tournament, but prefer to do stuff outside. Spring is the best!

Spring? What's that? I just got another 5 inches of snow yesterday.
We usually go from winter to summer here.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

Hammer, where in NC do you live?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:

Rural Durham Co, I work at Duke. I come through A-ville a couple of times a year though, I mtn bike and camp at Tsali near Bryson City. I often stop at Barley's in downtown on my way through town for a cold one.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
Hammer said:

Rural Durham Co, I work at Duke. I come through A-ville a couple of times a year though, I mtn bike and camp at Tsali near Bryson City. I often stop at Barley's in downtown on my way through town for a cold one.

Ah nice, I love Barleys!!

One of the few places that I've been to that rivals Asheville bars is Green Bay . . . and they got the Packer's on their side!! Going to bars in Green Bay is like a Packer's fan heaven! But yeah, Barley's is sweet. It's cool that there are like 3-5 people that post on this site that are "local" to me. Nice.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I coach high school baseball and the NFL draft was the same day as one of our games. I'm standing in the coaches box, when someone walks up to the fence and says, "Hey Coach Martin! The Packers just drafted a DT with their first pick. I've never heard of him!"

I don't think I remembered much about the rest of that half inning. I tried as hard as I could to focus but I think my ears turned three shades of red and my temperature climbed to about 108 degrees. Anyway, I still hold out hope for Harrell and I'm going to try and leave the NFL draft day open this year. :D

yah its a pity we didnt draft Dwayne Jarrett or Robert Meacham...where did it all go wrong eh? Damn u TT!!! :p

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
DoddPower said:
Hammer said:

NC

Ah nice, I love Barleys!!

One of the few places that I've been to that rivals Asheville bars is Green Bay . . . and they got the Packer's on their side!! Going to bars in Green Bay is like a Packer's fan heaven! But yeah, Barley's is sweet. It's cool that there are like 3-5 people that post on this site that are "local" to me. Nice.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I basically think this site exists for March-June.

the season everyone hunkers down and argues about what decisions the coaches made and individual plays and players.

but now is when the rumor mill gets a going, people start making stupid knee jerk reactions and i just sit back and watch. so yeah i love it.

its also nice knowing you have a competent GM in the office who isnt gonna destroy your current team and the future with one stupid move.

Members online

Latest posts